Customers who take TalkTalk’s budget priced Essentials bundle, which currently combines half price “unlimited” broadband with free evening and weekend calls to UK landlines (£3.25 a month), can for a limited time also benefit from free installation on any new or reactivated phone line (saving of £50).
As usual new customers will also need to take TalkTalk’s Line Rental service, which costs an extra £14.95 per month (can be reduced to the equivalent of £9.50 by paying 12 months in advance). On top of this the broadband service also still comes with a free connection (saves £30).
TalkTalks Essentials Package
* Typical download speeds of up to 14Mbps (20Mbps max)
* Unlimited download allowance (FUP)
* Unlimited evening and weekend calls to UK landlines and 0845/0870 numbers
* Unlimited calls to other TalkTalk-members
* 10% off the 16 phone numbers you call most
* FREE 523a Wireless Router
* FREE HomeSafe online security
* FREE Broadband Connection (worth £30)
* FREE Phone Line Installation (£50 account credit)
* 12 month contract
PRICE: £3.25 a month for the first 9 months (£6.50 thereafter)
The free phone line installation offer is available until 13th March 2013 and makes the service significantly cheaper overall as many people find that they have to pay this charge when first moving to the ISP. But as usual customers can only benefit from the above prices if they live within the ISPs unbundled (LLU) network coverage (covers 94% of the UK population).
As a side note TalkTalk additionally informed us that new customers of their separate YouView (IPTV) based Plus TV and broadband bundle can also get a £50 Love2Shop voucher when they sign-up, which can be used in over 20,000 high street stores including Argos, Boots, Debenhams and so forth. But the vouch is only on offer for another two days.