Tesco has launched a new promotion that gives customers 12 months of free unlimited broadband connectivity when they buy “any device that connects to the Internet” through the supermarket chain, such as laptops, tablets (e.g. Tescos new Hudl tablet), smartphones, Smart TV’s and games consoles etc.
But of course it’s not completely free as Tesco will still require you to pay for their Phone Line Rental from £14.90 per month and there’s a £5 router deliver charge, although the router itself is still free. Otherwise all you need to do is pick one of their two packages and then add the promocode “DEVICE01” (without speech marks) during sign-up.
Tescos Broadband with Inclusive Evening and Weekend Calls
* Up to 14Mbps “Typical” download speeds (20Mbps max)
* Unlimited downloads (FUP)
* Earn Clubcard points on every bill
* Friendly UK call centre
* Inclusive Technicolor 582N Pro Wireless Router
* Inclusive UK landline evening & weekend calls (includes calls to 0845/0870)
* FREE setup (£40 if you take the 1 month contract option)
* Optional Tesco Internet Security for £2 a month
* 12 Month contract
NORMAL PRICE: £2 a month for 12 months (£6 thereafter)
An Anytime Calls option is also available but that costs an extra £4.50 per month. The above service is only available to those covered by Tesco’s unbundled (LLU) network, which is run over Vodafone’s platform (formerly C&W).
In addition, Tesco states that they will honour this promotion for valid purchases from up to 3 months prior to the date the customer signs-up. Customers must naturally have proof of purchase from Tesco of an internet-enabled device.
Existing Tesco Broadband customers who might qualify for this offer should contact 0345 30 400 30.