Virgin Media

37%
34%
41%
39%
Summary: Virgin Vivid 200 Gaming
September 20th, 2016 (Last Edited: September 20th, 2016)
I am not saying Virgin don't serve a very satisfactory purpose to a lot of households in the UK, especially those with multiple users who use bandwidth heavy applications.

However for Gaming, my experience is utterly disastrous!

Unstable line (I am not subject to Traffic Management BTW), slow upload speeds and ridiculously high ping/jitter.

Makes gaming on FPS's pointless unless you like the ol "ghost bullets".
Review Ratings
Summary: Awful - Virgin not working
September 15th, 2016 (Last Edited: September 15th, 2016)
Virgin media - worst service. Broadbrand in my area London SW14 has not been working for over 3 weeks, each time I need to use the internet I have to call Virgin and ask them to send a signal to my router (this happens daily) . Also TV service has also been affected. Last night tv stopped recording after 7 mins on a series link. Help desk says someone will call you in 48hrs. (they don't) Virgin may say they have superfast broadband BUT IT DOES NOT WORK ! False advertising.
Review Ratings
Summary: Good, When it Works
August 15th, 2016 (Last Edited: August 15th, 2016)
If you live in an area with good service, it's fantastic. The speed will be largely as is advertised the majority of the time and you'll probably be very happy with the service.

Value isn't great unfortunately as the price does keep rising. When I first signed up back in 2011, I was paying £25/mo. Granted, the speed they're giving me now has increased since then (though I haven't technically upgraded plan) but I'm now paying around £46 a month for my service. Well beyond inflation.

Unfortunately, at least in my experience, the speed often drops and the pings can reach levels where the service is downright unusable frequently. This might get resolved, but Virgin Media will only take action when it reaches a certain threshold (i.e. when the service has truly become unusable). Still, they will eventually act, and when the service works it's generally quite good.

With that said, for the most part, I was happy with them until recently where I had the fun of experiencing the service going down. Now, I have had the internet with them go down before - it's to be expected with any company. Things break, and it can take time to fix them.

The reason I'm so frustrated is because the service had gone down completely in the most recent incident (which is still ongoing), for over a week, and with the earliest possible fix date still a week away.

Now, that in and of itself wouldn't earn such a low score from myself, but what really pushed me over the edge was when I tried, repeatedly, to contact their support via phone, Twitter and their forums, and got completely useless responses.

Nobody seemed to know what (if any) action was being taken to fix the service. Nobody seemed to know when it was likely to be fixed. They offered to book an engineer a week in advance but as the issue isn't with the equipment they've supplied or with the line into my house I'm not convinced it'd do any good.

There was nothing they could do to move the engineer date closer which is worrying when the connection had already been down for over a week.

There are certainly worse ISPs with Virgin Media, and for many people their service is worthwhile, but the poor quality support makes it really difficult to recommend them as once you encounter an issue with them (which you may well do at some point) it seems unlikely that it'll get resolved in a timely manner. If you don't believe me, just take a read of their forums. Many users report issues, to find that the fix dates are constantly pushed back.

It's frustrating.
Review Ratings
Summary: virgin
July 18th, 2016 (Last Edited: July 18th, 2016)

No service for the last 40 hours. Yesterday, they said they would fix it by end of day. This morning they said they would fix it in the afternoon. Now (5pm) they say tonight.

In the past: pretty reliable. Speeds as advertised in daytime, at night sometimes OK but sometimes slow. Old router had interference problems, new router is better. Troubleshooting and service: not bad up to now. But now...
Review Ratings
Summary: Virgin Media
June 3rd, 2016 (Last Edited: June 3rd, 2016)
Great for broadband speed and reliability, but since leaving the Google servers for email, their email has turned to Spam Central.