Virgin Media

36%
32%
38%
37%
Summary: The worst company I have ever had to deal with
May 19th, 2014 (Last Edited: May 19th, 2014)
I have been a loyal broadband customer of Virgin Media for a good few years. Then last year, Virgin Media announced that because it was such a good company and needed to remain competitive, it was increasing its prices way above inflation. I disputed this and communicated with Virgin Media over the internet using their website chat. The representative of Virgin Media misled me and indicated that if I agreed to stay with them for 12 months, my prices would be fixed for 24 months and I would get a free phone line. I agreed to this. A few months later, I received a letter from Virgin Media stating that they were such a good company and to remain competitive they would increase my prices way above inflation. I disputed this again and the attitude of Virgin Media is that I need to read the small print and they can do what they like. I took the case to the ombudsman and the ombudsman ruled that due to the Virgin Media contract, they are within their rights. I have sinced moved home and now live in an area that is not serviced by Virgin Media. Virgin Media have added disconnection charges to my final bill, which has multiplied the cost. I have disputed this and Virgin Media have put a black mark against my credit history, which is otherwise exemplary. I will be taking legal action against Virgin Media for making my credit more expensive because this will cost me money if I need credit. Whenever I try to get through to Virgin Media, I end up speaking to somebody in their Indian call centre. They can't make any decisions and cannot even ask for somebody from the UK to call me. After being a loyal customer for years and after always paying bills on time, this is how I am treated by this awful company. Avoid Virgin Media, otherwise you'll regret it.
Review Ratings
Summary: Virgin Media
May 19th, 2014 (Last Edited: May 19th, 2014)
Virgin have probably the best value base fibre optic broadband product. The only downside is a low upload speed of 2.5-3mb.

I have moved to Virgin a couple of months ago from Xilo and presently happy with their broadband and good customer service (I recommend using the Online Chat service, as with most companies).

Speed is constant and rarely drops much below the download limit.

I would advise any customer to ring their local Virgin Sales Office, and haggle for free installation or get a Referral from a friend/family memer who is an existing Virgin customer.

Problems with bills (non-applied discounts etc.) can be annoying - so always check your bills.

Keep you BT line (if you need it), then you’ve got a dedicated line for broadband without any BT line problems.

Watch out for dodgy cable installations from underground ducts/points to your property by mickey mouse digging teams, if you have a modern property you might be lucky enough to have an empty green duct for a cable run.
Review Ratings
Summary: My review
January 23rd, 2014 (Last Edited: January 23rd, 2014)
I've been with Virgin Media for 11 years now since the days of NTL. Never actually had a BT Line at this house at all when I moved in it had a NTL box on wall outside house so just went with that. I can certainly say apart from a couple of problems I've had with them over the years which have been resolved they have offered me a reliable service. I can certainly say though now BT Fibre is entering my area I will likely be leaving though as have no incentive to say with them haven't had a single discount ever.

I currently have 30Mb and phone that is it no extra's at all. One of my friends has 60MB and phone and he pays 14 pounds less a month then I do actually he has basic TV thrown in as well he has been with them for 2 years. Whenever I've rang when it was near my renewal date I've always been told that prices shown are for new customers only and that I was getting the best rate available for existing customers. I know that is a complete lie literally the only reason I have stayed with them over the years is due to fact that Virgin/NTL have been the only ISP in my area that have offered me reliable speeds. When I actually upgraded to 30MB got told that I would need a new router and that it was going be £80 pounds and that was cheapest they could do.

So what I will say is that if you can get Virgin at a good price go with them as they are reliable. If I was getting it for same price as my friend I would likely stay with them or even for slightly cheap then I'm paying because I know I'm being completely ripped of. BT Fibre is due in my area within next two months so I will be moving to either Sky or BT and it's Virgin's fault completely.
Review Ratings
Summary: Take this advice...
August 15th, 2013 (Last Edited: August 15th, 2013)
Hello, consumer. You are thinking of switching to Virgin Media, correct? You would do well to listen to the following advice before you consider switching.

For the past 3 months my internet connection has been dropping (resetting itself) multiple times each day. This isn't just a small issue, this is a huge issue. This happens every day, without fail, sometimes up to 7 or 8 times per evening.

I made Virgin Media aware of this 6 weeks ago. The helpline worker confirmed that my internet had disconnected thirty-six times in seven days. I have had a technician visit my house, he was unable to diagnose the problem so just replaced my router. The problem continued.

I phoned again and was put through to the call centre in India. The man on the phone was clearly reading from a script and kept telling me how sorry he was. He then told me he would monitor my connection and call me back the following day at 6PM. It turns out this man was lying to me, as nobody has called me back since.

Tomorrow I have another technician coming to my house in the afternoon. I fully expect that this man will also fail to resolve the problem as nobody I have spoken to at Virgin knows what is causing this, they keep claiming there are no known faults on the line.

This is absolutely unacceptable and I will be closing my account as soon as possible, this is without a doubt the worst internet service I have ever had in my life.

Do yourself a favour and please, please take this advice: STAY AWAY FROM VIRGIN MEDIA.

Thanks
Review Ratings
Summary: Not bad .... Sort of OK.
July 31st, 2013 (Last Edited: July 31st, 2013)
I have been with VM for a long time now, from the early days of dial-up to an ADSL broadband connection now. The serice has been pretty good and the download speed varied between 6.5 - 7 Mbs.

What has kept me with VM up till now was their good will rebate of £10 per month. So I had been paying £12.40 (£22.40 - £10 rebate) per month for 40Gb download allowance, plus anytime phone calls, which I was more than happy with.
I was recently informed that the rebate scheme has now come to an end, which meant that I was going to have pay the full £22.40 for my package, so I'm now starting to look elsewhere.

Other than that I have had no real problems with VM. If they are able to re-instate the £10 rebate, I'll be staying with them for the forseeable future.
Review Ratings

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved (Terms, Privacy Policy, Links (.), Live Chat & Website Rules).