Virgin Media

36%
32%
38%
37%
Summary: My review
January 23rd, 2014 (Last Edited: January 23rd, 2014)
I've been with Virgin Media for 11 years now since the days of NTL. Never actually had a BT Line at this house at all when I moved in it had a NTL box on wall outside house so just went with that. I can certainly say apart from a couple of problems I've had with them over the years which have been resolved they have offered me a reliable service. I can certainly say though now BT Fibre is entering my area I will likely be leaving though as have no incentive to say with them haven't had a single discount ever.

I currently have 30Mb and phone that is it no extra's at all. One of my friends has 60MB and phone and he pays 14 pounds less a month then I do actually he has basic TV thrown in as well he has been with them for 2 years. Whenever I've rang when it was near my renewal date I've always been told that prices shown are for new customers only and that I was getting the best rate available for existing customers. I know that is a complete lie literally the only reason I have stayed with them over the years is due to fact that Virgin/NTL have been the only ISP in my area that have offered me reliable speeds. When I actually upgraded to 30MB got told that I would need a new router and that it was going be £80 pounds and that was cheapest they could do.

So what I will say is that if you can get Virgin at a good price go with them as they are reliable. If I was getting it for same price as my friend I would likely stay with them or even for slightly cheap then I'm paying because I know I'm being completely ripped of. BT Fibre is due in my area within next two months so I will be moving to either Sky or BT and it's Virgin's fault completely.
Review Ratings
Summary: Take this advice...
August 15th, 2013 (Last Edited: August 15th, 2013)
Hello, consumer. You are thinking of switching to Virgin Media, correct? You would do well to listen to the following advice before you consider switching.

For the past 3 months my internet connection has been dropping (resetting itself) multiple times each day. This isn't just a small issue, this is a huge issue. This happens every day, without fail, sometimes up to 7 or 8 times per evening.

I made Virgin Media aware of this 6 weeks ago. The helpline worker confirmed that my internet had disconnected thirty-six times in seven days. I have had a technician visit my house, he was unable to diagnose the problem so just replaced my router. The problem continued.

I phoned again and was put through to the call centre in India. The man on the phone was clearly reading from a script and kept telling me how sorry he was. He then told me he would monitor my connection and call me back the following day at 6PM. It turns out this man was lying to me, as nobody has called me back since.

Tomorrow I have another technician coming to my house in the afternoon. I fully expect that this man will also fail to resolve the problem as nobody I have spoken to at Virgin knows what is causing this, they keep claiming there are no known faults on the line.

This is absolutely unacceptable and I will be closing my account as soon as possible, this is without a doubt the worst internet service I have ever had in my life.

Do yourself a favour and please, please take this advice: STAY AWAY FROM VIRGIN MEDIA.

Thanks
Review Ratings
Summary: Not bad .... Sort of OK.
July 31st, 2013 (Last Edited: July 31st, 2013)
I have been with VM for a long time now, from the early days of dial-up to an ADSL broadband connection now. The serice has been pretty good and the download speed varied between 6.5 - 7 Mbs.

What has kept me with VM up till now was their good will rebate of £10 per month. So I had been paying £12.40 (£22.40 - £10 rebate) per month for 40Gb download allowance, plus anytime phone calls, which I was more than happy with.
I was recently informed that the rebate scheme has now come to an end, which meant that I was going to have pay the full £22.40 for my package, so I'm now starting to look elsewhere.

Other than that I have had no real problems with VM. If they are able to re-instate the £10 rebate, I'll be staying with them for the forseeable future.
Review Ratings
Summary: Should have switched years ago!
July 5th, 2013 (Last Edited: July 5th, 2013)
I have been with a number of ADSL providers in the past and i just wanted to get faster speeds as 10Mb just to me wasn't enough.

I didn't really want to go with Virgin Media in the first place as they have to fit a new line to my property and have heard the stories but alas i forsaken that and took the plunge in Jan 2013 and i can honestly say so far the service has been great.

I haven't had the need to ring up customer services over issues as of yet since installation so cannot comment over any issues with them as of yet but so far its been pretty spot on with me getting a more or less steady stream at 104Mb which does fluctuate but its still between 85-104Mb at any one time.

Their Traffic Management is ideal for me and i can work around it, i just cannot see why people other than really heavy users would moan about it, i consider myself as a heavy user and so did the agent i spoke to while ordering my broadband stated when i told them how much data i use.

All in all at the moment i cannot fault them. Install went through smoothly and services remain steady and strong!
Review Ratings
Summary: very poor service - avoid
July 2nd, 2013 (Last Edited: July 2nd, 2013)
Virgin Media was once good.
But lack of investment in infrastructure and massive uptake by new customers has slowed the broadband to a halt. Their 30Mb service often performs at 1.4Mb download and just 0.31Mb upload. My mobile phone is faster. Customer service is a joke they deny problems exist and fob you off with any old excuse. Its expensive to break your(18 month)contract early. Check out virginmedia community forums there are thousands of complaints on slow speed.
At last VM have admitted a fault, its going to be fixed soon March then April then May then June now July. I wont hold my breath but will be leaving for BT Infinity at the end of my contract as will thousands of others.
Do yourself a favour give this dreadful company a miss there are better broadband providers.
Review Ratings

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved (Terms, Privacy Policy, Links (.), Live Chat & Website Rules).