Virgin Media

37%
35%
43%
40%
Summary: Excellent
December 4th, 2016 (Last Edited: December 4th, 2016)
I currently am on "up to 300Mbps" VIVID (HFC) broadband, and get 320Mbps, I also have 2 TiVo boxes which have all sky channels, in total this costs me £55 per month, which is the same as BT were charging me for 76Mbps...
Enough said.
Summary: .
November 23rd, 2016 (Last Edited: November 27th, 2016)
Review Ratings
Summary: Reliable
November 24th, 2016 (Last Edited: November 24th, 2016)
That's what you want from an ISP right?

Well that's what I've had for the last 5 years from VM, one fault due to WiFi on the Superhub 1 which was rectified by them eventually (2-3 weeks) providing me with the Superhub 2.

I have never used their webspace, email etc. so cannot comment about these services.

Support has been OK, just took time and need onshore tech support at all times.

Pro's:

Reliable
Fast
Stable

Cons:
Offshore tech support can misunderstand your needs, IMHO this always should be onshore.
Review Ratings
Summary: Virgin Media issues
November 6th, 2016 (Last Edited: November 6th, 2016)
I have been a pretty loyal customer of Virgin Media from the NTL days in 2004 and never really had any issues at all.
Over the past two years it seems that the broadband service has become more erratic as the download speeds were increased. What is the use of having a 100mbps download speed available less than 50% of the time?
Tech Support give all sorts of explanations, change settings remotely, engineers have been out and replaced the hub, checked connections and equipment and everything works for a day or three then all drops off to 5mbps or less at times.
How does one address this and get a refund for a non-existent service?
Who can one complain to?
My ratings for Service, Support Speed and Value levels are 1 for bad and 10 for best.
Review Ratings
Summary: Pricey, but not bad
October 12th, 2016 (Last Edited: October 12th, 2016)
I've had Virgin for a few months now, however with the latest price increase I'll be leaving them - mainly due to the price, not the service.