Virgin Media

37%
33%
39%
38%
Summary: Happy with them
October 17th, 2015 (Last Edited: October 17th, 2015)
I have been with virgin media for about 7 years. anytime i had any problems it was resolved very quickly. About a year ago my broadband stopped working and i rung tech support and they had an engineer out first thing the next morning a saturday i might add and fixed the problem there and then. They also noticed that the signal as a bit out of spec and also booked in a re-pull for a few days later.
Review Ratings
Summary: New to VM
June 23rd, 2015 (Last Edited: June 23rd, 2015)
Well, from moving from FTTC to Cable the speeds have been incredible.

Never slower than the 152Mb/s promised.

The onyl issues are with the Superhub supplied.

Several restarts for no good reasons.

Why we cant just use our own kit I dont know.
Review Ratings
Summary: Awful ISP
September 21st, 2014 (Last Edited: September 21st, 2014)
Stay away. The 2 years I have had this ISP was almost as if I didn't have an internet connection. I've changed 2 routers and I have called out one of the engineers at least a couple of time. The nominal bandwidth was high - don't expect to have good speeds reliably.

My favourite "feature" was a message that kept popping up when we were trying to use the service to watch a movie at times. I don't remember the exact wording but it was something in the effect of "We don't have enough bandwidth in your area to watch a movie, if this happens a lot, do give us a call to upgrade the network". This is in zone 2 in London.
Review Ratings
Summary: Was bad now good
March 14th, 2008 (Last Edited: September 9th, 2014)
Been with NTL and currently virgin on the 50Mb service(was the 2nd person connected in Norwich @ 1.5Mb then)Connection used to be good with a 4-5 outages over the last 9 years that were sorted pretty quickly. only use their email to send and use router so no virgin software. Since upgrade to 50MB and the installation of the "superhub" or is that superdud I am distinctly unimpressed. I suffered from latency and packet loss issues which had not surfaced previously and the router element of the superhub is not as functional as I am used to. At present I am waiting to see if bridge mode is a possibility as I could then use superhub as a modem and use my own router..stop press: ceo's office have given me back a modem, whoop whhoop (I have returned to 20Mb speed)

update 09/14
Still with VM and currently have recently upgraded to the 152Mb service. Upload has increased noticeably and in recent months the service has been rock solid. one outage over a weekend.

I know that there are plenty of detractors but compared with friends on ADSL I am satisfied. Never use VM email and the bundled tivo box works like a dream though interface not as good as sky's.

Currently happy bunny

Review Ratings
Summary: Doesn't work very often
September 8th, 2014 (Last Edited: September 8th, 2014)
I am having to reboot my router a few times a day. They don't seem to be able to fix the problem.

Now they are asking me to pay a financial penalty if I want to switch to a service that does work.