Fast4

62%
64%
63%
75%
Summary: Hopeless!
September 8th, 2010 (Last Edited: September 8th, 2010)
I've been with Fast4 for just over a year. I frequently experience disconnections (other than at the normal 2-hour cut-off time). When I have queried these the support people have told me their records show the disconnections have been at my request - what rubbish! I'm hardly likely to request a disconnection in the middle of downloading something!

For the last month Fast4 has been experiencing a problem with its unmetered subscription number and it has been impossible to get access during the day. Generally it has been possible to connect to Fast4 only between (approximately) 2.00 a.m. and about 9.30 - 10.00 a.m. At all other times connection fails with an error 691, username/password invalid. They are aware of this problem and admit that many subscribers are affected. They say it is a problem with their suppliers' network and they're trying to fix it. However, I've worked in the computer industry for more than 30 years and I know it doesn't take a month to set up a new network, bank of servers, routers, a new telephone number etc.

Fortunately I'm semi-retired so I've been able to use the internet during the night but now I'm thoroughly fed up and with no end to the problem in sight I'm looking for another dial-up ISP (broadband isn't available where I live) - I'd rather like to be able to go to bed while it's still dark! Fast4 is about the cheapest around but it's not so cheap if you can't use it and have to use a PAYG connection as well as paying their monthly subscription. I recommend avoiding it at all costs!
Review Ratings
Summary: ZERO Rating...Falls at first, second & third hurdles
October 25th, 2008 (Last Edited: October 25th, 2008)
After having seen the overall favourable reviews on Fast4Net dialup service on this site, I have just signed up for unlimited access for this, and stupidly gave them my card details. After registering, I tried the unlimited access dial up number (it's Saturday afternoon, but should that matter??) - engaged. Next, tried the pay-as-you-go no. provided - same as the first. Next, tried their customer service no. from my landline handset - recorded message tells me that customer service is only available office hours Monday to Friday!! You don't seem to have a rating of 0 to give these people, so I'm forced to rate them at 1....
Review Ratings
Summary: Not so good once
June 3rd, 2007 (Last Edited: April 28th, 2008)
Service was good at first but then I found it difficult to reconnect to the service. Sometimes I couldnt get on at all at any time of the day.

After calling the Tech support line they gave me some help in order to resolve the connection problems but even when they did answer the phone the call charges were high.

The final piece of technical assistance I got informed me the servers were busy hence why I couldnt connect. If they would have told me that in the first place it would have saved me a lot of time effort and money. I even reinstalled my modem which didnt need doing.

Best to try someone else if you\'re looking for unlimited net.
Review Ratings
Summary: Recommended
April 18th, 2007 (Last Edited: April 28th, 2008)
After the collapse of my last internet provider (Naims) I again went with the recommendations of the ISP Review. So far, I cannot fault Fast4.net. Their service has been excellent and the speed of connection is so much better than I have been used to with Dial Up. AAAA++++
Review Ratings
Summary: Fast4
April 3rd, 2007 (Last Edited: April 28th, 2008)
Have been with Fast4 just a few weeks and have found them excellent. Can always connect first time any time of day.

Customer support fast, efficient and polite

Tickets answered within a couple of hours, not that I have had any problems, just questions!

Highly recommend
Review Ratings

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved (Terms, Privacy Policy, Links (.), Live Chat & Website Rules).