Vispa

61%
60%
66%
58%
Summary: Improved
October 22nd, 2015 (Last Edited: October 22nd, 2015)
There seem to be lots of negative reviews for Vispa so I figured one positive one wouldn't go amiss.

I joined Vispa in August and I can't say I've had any bad experiences. I upgraded my package today to one of their newer unlimited ones and it was actioned in a few minutes.

As much as the bigger firms have compelling offers, I still support smaller companies as they tend to give a better service.

No complaints from a happy customer.
Review Ratings
Summary: Very Poor ISP
March 14th, 2014 (Last Edited: March 14th, 2014)
Like others I was transferred to Vispa when my previous provider moved its hosting to their servers but i was not made aware that i was now one of their customers now.

Straight away drop-outs started happening most weekends and THROTTLING at weekends right down to 30kbs.

My Data allowance was changed without telling me !!! so one month i incurred a bill for £60 mainly due to my son watching Netflix.

This is a poor service that is outdated by much better isp's, PLEASE PLEASE DONT WASTE YOU MONEY ON VISPA the ISP dinosaur

Review Ratings
Summary: Total Lack of Support
July 18th, 2007 (Last Edited: March 14th, 2014)
Back in 2007 I wrote a review praising Vispa and its tech support staff, sadly in recent years the service as degraded over and over again, until now, when I cannot emphasise how poor support has become.

In the last 3 years I have had a persistent issue with bad equipment at the exchange; even the OutReach engineer said it needed replacing if it failed again, but 3 failures later I STILL have the same faulty equipment on my line.

I have currently been without internet since 3rd of March (11 days), and despite the symptoms being EXACTLY the same as the other occasions the line has failed, the current crop of monkeys manning tech support wouldnt call out an engineer when I requested it - waiting a further NINE DAYS before suggesting there MIGHT be a network issue.

I asked for my MAC 3 times with no reply, before discovering by chance that they had changed the T&C's on the 1st of March,and now insist on a postal letter to cancel an account.

I also discovered they have transferred my phone line from BT to TalkTalk without my knowledge or permission.

All ISPs go through bad patches, but the deterioration over 3 years has been breath-taking, and recent company reorganisations and changes to payments systems leave me very uneasy.
I cannot recommend VISPA as a reliable ISP and suggest all current customers should consider alternatives.

In brief :-

Reasonable speeds (usually), with no current obvious blocking of torrents.

Unreliable email servers that fail to respond correctly for much of the night and regularly have a short nap during the day.

Appalling tech support, where they lie and BS to you.

High prices - which could be justified when they offered good service, but now are just a joke.
Review Ratings
Summary: Avoid at any cost
October 12th, 2013 (Last Edited: October 12th, 2013)
Ok, so Vispa started off last year in the Warrington area offering "Super Fast" internet. But since November 2012 it has been nothing but poor. 1-5Mbps average over the past 12 months. They limit you to 5Mbps after downloading for 20 seconds so you never actually get to use the true speed you could get. But then they don't actually have enough equipment to support you have a decent connection so theres no point using it over the 1Mb ADSL available.

Support never get back to you, tickets either stay open forever or just get shut.

Customer Service is poor, it feels like they rob you of you're money then use it to pay for new toys for themselves instead of improving the servie.
Review Ratings
Summary: Avoid
September 9th, 2013 (Last Edited: September 9th, 2013)
Low allowance, expensive packages...

You can only contact support during office hours or via email out of hours so if you have a problem with your broadband at the weekend expect to wait until Monday to get it resolved!

Flaky usage tracker sometimes reports no usage for a given week but they are more than happy to charge you if they think you have gone over your allowance.