Coms

43%
40%
38%
38%
Summary: I'm Off To Leave Coms
October 8th, 2014 (Last Edited: October 14th, 2014)
Complaint logged 6 weeks ago about data dropping on my line, and having carried out about a thousand tests for them, still no sign of a resolution.

They even had me 'pinging' and then said oh yeah, ping results are low priority traffic so results can't be relied upon.. so why have me do it..!??!

'Our engineers are currently investigating'

..week after week..

Today they shut my email and hosting with no warning - I rang support who said 'coms decided end of september to shut down these services'

I said - how do i send email .. they said 'You will need to find another provider'... straight from the horse's mouth as they say...

FURTHER FOLLOW UP

Tried to log a complaint today but the customer service guy apparently has no supervisor and 'could not connect me' to the head of customer services.

He said - email us via the web site. I said I did that last week and I am now just being ignored. I wanted to speak to someone who could resolve something on the phone but apparently no such person exists at coms.com.

Review Ratings
Summary: Comeback ADSL24 All Is Forgiven.
August 3rd, 2014 (Last Edited: August 3rd, 2014)
I joined ADSL24 because I was sick to death of BT throttling my connection every evening and ADSL24 promised not to do this. They made several promises about their broadband which was enough to convince me to give them a try. I ended up staying with them for over eight years and if they had not sold out to Coms I would still be an ADSL24 customer because they did everything they promised they would do and nothing they promised they wouldn't. They were a first-class ISP and it really wasn't difficult being an ADSL24 customer. Unfortunately in February of 2014 everything changed when ADSL24 sold-out and became Coms.

We were promised we would see no difference. We wouldn't be able to tell that our ISP had changed hands because Coms were promising they would run things along the exact same lines as ADSL24 and the end users would be unable to tell the difference. THEY LIED the barefaced cheek of it, they absolutely lied. Since Coms has taken over the whole thing has gone to hell. Connection throttling is the norm. I'm currently downloading a film at 6 kb a second which is going to take me another four days plus to complete. In the past it would take mear minutes. Connection dropouts are regular. Slow speeds are a given. Customer support that doesn't give a dam considered acceptable. In fact they couldn't be more different than ADSL24 if they tried. The only thing that hasn't changed so far is the price but I'm sure that's coming. Recently they decided to stop web hosting and e-mail hosting which means from September 31 2014 you will have to use a third-party e-mail provider if you want to stay with them. They should have stuck to what they know best and left poor ADSL24 alone. It was without doubt the best ISP you could wish for and within six months Coms have completely destroyed everything that ADSL24 built up and stood for.

Losing my families sixteen e-mail addresses was the last straw. I see absolutely no point in an ISP that will not provide you with one single e-mail address. It goes without saying that I like thousands of other ex-ADSL24/Coms customers requested a MAC code and I'm now changing my ISP. After careful consideration I've decided to give Aquiss a chance because they have a one-month contract option which means I can get out if things don't go to my liking. However, this is very likely another review because I've not heard a thing for Aquiss since giving them my MAC code on the 25th of July. One way or the other though I will get away from Coms because in my humble opinion they are absolutely appalling, a disgrace and have absolutely no business calling themselves an ISP. I would have preferred to have awarded no stars but unfortunately the system wouldn't let me.
Review Ratings
Summary: The devil you know
July 21st, 2014 (Last Edited: July 21st, 2014)
I'd been a customer of ADSL24 since shortly after their formation and had always been happy with their service until the Coms takeover.

The service became unreliable with short periods of no service or unavailability of the email server and imposition of 'traffic shaping' despite assurances that nothing would be changed. So, time to move on...but where?

I tried Talktalk. I was wary at first because I'd read the reviews and they were unable to transfer my existing phone number for a wide variety of expressed reasons. After due consideration I opted to go for the service but was so disappointed with initial communications and a barrage of phone calls from people with a poor understanding of the English language that I decided to cancel rather than risk that experience again should I ever have had a service issue.

Despite their mixed reviews I opted for Plusnet. The initial experience was much more favourable and on 4th July I paid in advance for a year's line rental. I was given immediate access to the members' area of their website and my new email account. The migration date was set for 18th July when I stayed home all day waiting for news or for my router's service lights to go out as a sign to input the new login details.

Nothing had changed by 3PM so I emailed to ask for an update. There has been no reply so far. I also phoned three times but apparently their system was inaccessible so no information was available and they would call me back, but never did. I called for the fourth time this morning and was told that operations had stopped on 6th July because there had been an order to install fibre optic on my line. I wish! Fibre won't be available at my exchange for at least another year. Whatever the reason for the migration failure it was not followed up. The order has gone out again to their supplier so maybe in another two weeks I'll have the new service but I'm far from optimistic.
Review Ratings
Summary: Failed to deliver on commitment
July 3rd, 2014 (Last Edited: July 4th, 2014)
I was an ADSL24 customer for over 6 years.

Coms plc took over the service in February 14, with a commitment to provide the best possible broadband service through 'future-proof' network and infrastructure.

For the past five months I have tolerated serious outages (well documented on the forum), slow speeds, intermittent connection and email server failure resulting in loss of all emails since Feb 14.

Coms support staff have been, for the most part, helpful and polite. However, Coms plc has failed to maintain satisfactory broadband service.

----------
Update: I've since been informed that Coms will be terminating email and web hosted services at the end of Sept 14 (this formed part of the original ADSL24 package).

Thankfully, I'm now with a new isp.
Review Ratings
Summary: Given Up On A Terrible Connection
June 28th, 2014 (Last Edited: June 28th, 2014)
Like the last reviewer, I was also an enthusiastic user of ADSL24 (for eight years!)until they were taken over by Coms PLC.

I gave it six months, but I couldn't put up with the dropped connections and slow loading times. Netflix and youtube would rarely work. When the service was down, they responded promptly, but it was very "we can't do anything about it, we buy it off of BT *shrug*"

Have moved over to Plusnet, and all is noticeably improved.
Review Ratings

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved (Terms, Privacy Policy, Links (.), Live Chat & Website Rules).