Virgin Media

Summary: Virgin Media
December 4th, 2007 (Last Edited: April 28th, 2008)
currently 4 months for my service to be completed properly

Bills for a different amount each month

bandwidth varying from 0.5Mbps and 15Mbps

intermittent proxy issues (dns seems to work) effecting minor sites like google or facebook

taking them to court in 6 days time
Review Ratings
Summary: Slow as dial-up-- I\'m partying like it\'s 1999!
February 2nd, 2008 (Last Edited: August 13th, 2008)
I had been a customer of the previous Virgin.net service since 1999 and generally found it to be quick, reliable and perfect for all of my browsing and gaming needs. I was therefore very taken aback by the sheer awfulness of the \'upgrade\' I got following the rebranding to Virgin Media.

It is horrifically slow at peak times, and mediocre even at off peak times. Latency is so bad that online gaming is impossible. Customer service is completely useless and phonecalls are charged at a premium rate. Service randomly cuts out at times.

In all, a terrible service that should be avoided like a flesh-eating disease. It\'s even slower than the tra
Review Ratings
Summary: Hidden contract
October 2nd, 2006 (Last Edited: August 13th, 2008)
Been with Virgin (ADSL 6Gb data cap.8Mbps)a short time. I had problems with email at first but now thats sorted.

The customer service (tech support) 25p/min do not phone back, even when they say they will?

They do not send updates on any problems, even after the fault is found?

The advertised \\\\\\\"No Contract\\\\\\\" is incorrect, as they ask for a ?50 fee if you leave within 1 year. This cost and 1 year term constitute a contract.

I will update this review when/if I have been with them a few months.

Review Ratings
Summary: Free at last
November 9th, 2007 (Last Edited: August 13th, 2008)
After years and years with Virgin, last 4+ on broadband, I finally gave up last week. Speeds were little better than modem and support could offer nothing.

Moved yesterday to Fast.co.uk and it is wonderful to have Mb speeds again.

Transfer totally seamless and I\'m very pleased.

Mike

Review Ratings
Summary: Virgin Media (Cable)
February 10th, 2008 (Last Edited: April 28th, 2008)
I switched from BT Business (ADSL) 8Mb, which I got 6Mb, to Virgin 20Mb (Cable).

First I got 2Mb, so I rang there support line (25p min), got through to India, she seemed to know her business, she had me run a few test before arranging for an Engineer to call the next day, it was a loose connection out side, the call cost ?5.00, but refunded in my case.

I now have 6Mb-20MB, depending on the time of day, things that affect this are people using there Cable for X-Box/Play Station Gaming, and TV down loads onto set top boxes.

So far I don\'t regret switching, but wish the speed was more constant, it is however overall faster then my ADSL was.

Review Ratings

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved (Terms, Privacy Policy, Links (.), Live Chat & Website Rules).