AAISP

Summary: No bullshit
October 31st, 2016 (Last Edited: October 31st, 2016)
If you like dealing with real human beings rather than level 1 robots reading from a script, and you want honest no-******** answers, Andrews & Arnold is your ISP. In most cases you'll be getting the same unbundled BT connection, but with no censorship and an excellent management console which gives much more visibility into the performance of your line.

Wouldn't go anywhere else.
Review Ratings
Summary: AA Review
October 11th, 2016 (Last Edited: October 11th, 2016)
I switched to AA because of slow speeds with Sky. AA have lived up to my expectations. The customer service is very good but its the ability to view data about your own line and the ability to run BT line tests and so forth that really set it apart. Cut a long story short AAISP quickly got me up to reasonable line speeds. I recommend them to anyone who will listen!
Review Ratings
Summary: AAISP Review
October 10th, 2016 (Last Edited: October 10th, 2016)
Swapped to AA based on online reviews mentioning how good they were at sorting out line problems and getting Open Reach to respond.

They have been even better than I hoped.

My previous ISP (Zen) had taken over a month to not address a fault in my line which was getting steadily worse (water ingress to a damaged underground cable).

Whilst this should really be a review of AA rather than a slamming of Zen (who used to be quite good) I swapped to AA in a fit of pique after spending over 1/2 an hour in a call queue (chargeable from mobile - cost over £12 for the pleasure of listening to hold music)

After eventually getting through there was no news on any timeline for a fix (despite this being the date they had said earlier they would know by) and
to add insult to injury since the phone line had totally failed by this point (no dial tone) when I asked to have calls diverted to my mobile was told that this was impossible since the original fault had been reported as a broadband fault - the only way I could get my calls diverted would be to cancel the broadband fault (and scheduled BT OR engineer visit) and create a new phone fault which would send me to the back of the queue again.

At this point I decided to give up with Zen and find an alternative supplier - picked AAISP based on good reviews and they really came through.

They were helpful, willing to accept a line which was currently in fault, gave sensible suggestions on how to get a temporary service working and they got BT OR to turn up with a replacement cable within a week of taking over the account.

Very much worth the small amount extra per month for this level of service when you do need it.
Review Ratings
Summary: Superb
October 2nd, 2016 (Last Edited: October 2nd, 2016)
The connection is consistently fast and stable and service superb from dedicated truthful individuals within a company that allows them be so.
Having dealt with AAISP for some years over a VOIP number and SIP2SIM for a local charity , my own SIP2SIMs and later a BT Business Broadband Voice number ported in, I knew that they could be trusted with the next phase of my escape from BT. This was to take over BT residential line, port the number to VOIP and take over BT Business Broadband ADSL upgrading to FTTC. This went very smoothly as AAISP are adept at dealing with vagaries of BT systems and even make detailed progress track-able on their control pages.
Keeping numbers without interruption was essential and achieved as expected.
It is extremely reassuring to know that help, should it be needed, is available quickly and directly avoiding call-centres, scripts and marketing-speak.
Review Ratings
Summary: As good as it gets
September 28th, 2016 (Last Edited: September 28th, 2016)
I've been with AAISP for about 2 years. Two months ago my tiny West Wales hamlet was upgraded to fibre. I was the first subscriber on the cabinet and it didn't work on changeover day, but the instantly available (by IRC and phone) AAISP staff members identified the problem (OpenReach had wired it up wrongly) and a visit from the white van men was booked within 48 hours. It was sorted.

AAISP staff don't treat you like an idiot and in return, when you use a technical term, you can be confident that they know what you mean. I had been with BT for donkeys years before joining AAISP and compared to AAISP even the BT business section was a chore to deal with.

I also use the AAISP VOIP service which is cheap and reliable, somewhat offsetting the broadband cost.

I'm sure I could find a slightly cheaper ISP, but I'm convinced there isn't a better one, and the price difference is well worth it, for the peace of mind and reliability of service.