AAISP

Summary: Fantastic ISP that gets things done!
April 24th, 2017 (Last Edited: April 24th, 2017)
How does that song go? "Simply the best..", that's what AAISP is.

I had an issue ordering FTTC for over a year with my previous ISP. I'm now up and running on the full 80/20 FTTC with AAISP.

You get so much with this ISP and you know that if there are problems you won't be stuck in telephone IVR hell like you are with others.
Review Ratings
Summary: An ISP that cares
April 24th, 2017 (Last Edited: April 24th, 2017)
Andrews & Arnold are one of a dying breed in the UK: an ISP that gives individual attention to their customers.

From sales and advice to technical support they are the best I have ever dealt with (special praise for Shaun but they are all dedicated and hard working people). There are no fob-offs and excuses, if they don't know something they will find out and get back to you. They are great at communicating with Openreach and getting your problems resolved.

They are suited to everyone from everyday, non-technical users to uber-geeks. They are extremely open and you can find information about almost anything related to the services and hardware on their website. They offer top class monitoring and reporting tools should you need them as well.

In addition to a great base service, A&A don't mess with your connection in ways that many of the other ISPs do. No traffic shaping, no filtering, no privacy intrusion.

They are supporters of the Open Rights Group and are vocal opponents to harmful, draconian legislation such as we have seen in recent years from the current UK government.

They are not the cheapest ISP but for the little extra you pay you are getting a AAA-class service and product with your privacy and freedom as top priorities.
Review Ratings
Summary: Great business
November 6th, 2015 (Last Edited: April 18th, 2017)
Been with AAISP for 1.5 years now. Upgraded from ADSL to VDSL when it came available, and I've now relocated across London and kept my same service. Same IPs and setup as I had before, the transition within A&A's systems is pretty easy.

Unfortunately during the move my A&A-supplied ZyXEL modem died. I reported it to them and they overnighted me a replacement with no hesitation.

Thanks to Victoria and Mikey for sorting it all out!
Review Ratings
Summary: Change to FTTC with AAISP
April 12th, 2017 (Last Edited: April 12th, 2017)
Although my previous ADSL service from Demon had been fairly reliable, I wanted to upgrade to FTTC and A&A seemed to fit my requirements for:-
. a reliable service with minimal contention
. a reasonable monthly data allowance of 150GB with the Home::1 product
. most importantly, a reputation for good support.

Cost considerations did come into the decision but I rate line stability and service above pure cost.

Signing up online was straightforward and the migration was scheduled for two weeks time. I did use online chat to ask one question and this was answered promptly.

The changeover happened on schedule and was even more straightforward than I had expected. I already had a dual mode modem (Vigor 130) but anticipated that I would lose ADSL access first. In the event it was still working and all I needed to do was to change the username and password, remove references to the Demon DNS servers and restart the router/modem. The download speed went from about 4.9 Mbps to around 72 Mbps (max line speed is 77 Mbps).

The line has been fast and reliable and is monitored regularly with historical graphs viewable online. I haven’t had any problems so have only consulted these out of interest, likewise the Incidents and Status page. A nice feature is the automatic display of my remaining data allowance on the A&A home page when viewing it from home.

The comprehensive online knowledge base was very useful for checking out hardware requirements before the move and for general education.

I am extremely happy with the service from A&A. My expectations of the service have been more than met in the two months since I moved.
Review Ratings
Summary: New Broadband
April 11th, 2017 (Last Edited: April 11th, 2017)
Simply brilliant from beginning to end. Best feature, to be honest, was the phone has always been answered by a human. Immediately. Now that it is working I haven't really had much reason to call again, but I'm confident that if I do I will speak to someone who can sort my isssue rather than making me enter a IVR call-tree.