AAISP

Summary: Helpful, friendly, and excellent customer service
February 28th, 2017 (Last Edited: February 28th, 2017)
I've been aware of A&A for a while, but as I lived in a cabled area, I didn't use their services until I moved house.

In the runup to the move, A&A answered a load of questions about different properties I'd viewed, giving me free excellent advice about what sort of service I could get, even in the middle of nowhere.

Once I'd moved, their sales team were helpful, honest and personable, helping me arrange a new line and offering advice about appointments.

Overall, they've been responsive, knowledgeable, and friendly, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone.
Review Ratings
Summary: Simply the best
February 23rd, 2017 (Last Edited: February 24th, 2017)
I first heard of Andrews & Arnold long ago - maybe 10 years - but as I was happy with my ISP at the time, I did not think of transferring. In December 2016, I was suddenly and unexpectedly cut off by my previous ISP - who had always provided what I thought was the best speed, reliability and service for a price only slightly higher than run-of-the-mill providers.

After a couple of false starts, I remembered AAISP and rang them up late one afternoon. I immediately recognised the unmistakeable "feel" of excellent service. All my rather naive questions were patiently, courteously and fully answered. When I wasn't sure if my BT line box was suitable, I was asked to send in a photograph by email - and a few minutes later I was reassured that it would work just fine.

On the day I feared all sorts of problems, but in the event we received a text to say we were connected - and we were! And when I say connected, I mean CONNECTED. My previous ISP had given us "up to 40 Mb/sec", which meant in practice usually about 35 down and a very reliable 8 up. With AAISP we are getting as much as twice that - and very reliably. I just ran a speed test on ISPReview and got 79.4 Mb/sec (bursting to 100) down and and 17 Mb/sec up. That is fairly typical, and it doesn't vary much. We chose a download limit of 150 GB/month, and so far it is about double our needs - although of course the faster the connection, the quicker you can pile up download GBs.

The trouble with really good broadband service is the same as any really good service - after a while you stop noticing it's there. That's how I have found AAISP after the first five weeks, and I'm pretty sure I like it very much (when I stop to think about it).
Review Ratings
Summary: Experts in Broadband
February 20th, 2017 (Last Edited: February 20th, 2017)
The service provided by A&A is always 'expert' in nature. No condescending customer service agent. No murky legalese or vague pricing.

If you want 'expert' Broadband, there's really only A&A. BT, Sky, Virgin, TalkTalk and all the others are miles behind.
Review Ratings
Summary: Excellent
February 18th, 2017 (Last Edited: February 18th, 2017)
I moved to A&A after a deal of trouble with BT trying to move my existing broadband and phone package to a new house. So far, I've had a new VDSL installation, VDSL router, a VOIP phone line, and new domain name and e-mail addresses from A&A.

A&A's service has been impeccable. They've arranged two visits from an Openreach engineer (one for installation, and one to check on some VDSL-dropping issues I've had), clearly having more clout with BT than I ever did. Response from sales and support has been pretty much instantaneous, and they are clearly technically knowledgeable (for example, they were able to diagnose a line fault pretty much instantaneously).

it's a tremendous relief to be able to go to one place and have all my issues discussed and resolved, rather than the endless back and forth with BT retail I had unfortunately become used to. They are not the cheapest package, but it's worth it for the service. I'd highly recommend them to anyone looking to change ISP.

Review Ratings
Summary: Don't let competitor headline speeds fool you, AAISP rocks!
February 7th, 2017 (Last Edited: February 7th, 2017)
It took a while to make the leap to VDSL but I couldn't be happier with choosing AAISP.

I'd been a Virginmedia customer for about 6 or 7 years. During most of that time their service had been fast and reasonably reliable. In the past 18 months, despite paying for their 200Mbps gamer package, have been unable to get more than 11Mbps during peak times. Over Christmas iPlayer would stutter or be unusable, streaming movies on iTunes was unbearable and often needed 30mins of downloading before it would work.

I couldn't help but feel that getting an estimated 30-55Mbps from AAISP would be stepping down. But it's been fantastic.

Unlike Virgin, I actually get the estimated speeds reliably. Their service has been fantastic, helping me out when Openreach messed up an install appointment, and the fact you get near immediate response from knowledgeable support staff on IRC or email is a breath of fresh air from dealing with call centres.

I was a little nervous about losing my 200Mbps connection but, despite my FTTC connection being slower, its far more reliable and more than fast enough when I need it- streaming HD and UHD content works every time.

Couldn't be happier!