AAISP

Summary: Think you only have BT in your area? AAISP may be your answer
September 11th, 2016 (Last Edited: September 11th, 2016)
I didn't think I had a choice other than BT when I moved house, but a colleague mentioned A&A and I found they could provide a service so I thought it couldn't possibly get any worse than the "well, you shouldn't expect to get reliable internet if you don't like in a town" approach I'd been suffering with.

They've been a complete pleasure to deal with - from fast responses over email, rather than a week per exchange, to in depth diagnostics on the control panel (where you can run line checks and see if you actually have physical issues).

Their technical support staff are also helpful, knowledgeable and polite.

No frills or silly bundles either - great value for what you get back in support and no hidden sneak charges for going over your allowance.

I can't recommend them highly enough.
Review Ratings
Summary: One of the best companies I have ever worked with
September 9th, 2016 (Last Edited: September 9th, 2016)
Years ago, when I was working at Google in London, an email thread went around amongst engineers asking "what is the best ISP to use at home?" Several engineers who I trust mentioned Andrews & Arnold. I was locked in with O2 (later Sky) and unable to switch. When I moved houses, I started with A&A and never looked back. I was on a 200GB limit and my new 4K TV started being a hog. A&A made it easy for me to upgrade (at no additional cost) to their new 1TB package.
I run video conferencing, Sonos, Netflix all at once in my house at peak times with NO problems on the 80/20 FTTC package. Never any traffic shaping!
Only had one hiccup once for a few seconds, and was able to jump onto the IRC channel and see the AA Team fixing and explaining to everyone.
As a "technical" guy (nerd), this is the best ISP I have ever seen, let alone imagined. I will never take on any one else. If you need fast, no-nonsense, unfiltered broadband Internet, then these are the guys. If you want something cheap, but with terrible support, a bunch of BS like email addresses that you never use, and peak-hour slow-downs, then there are several other options for you.
Review Ratings
Summary: The best there is
September 8th, 2016 (Last Edited: September 8th, 2016)
This is the ISP you want to use. I had them for a while and then had to move to use BT for a while, and even though bt aren't bad (or at least their infinity service isn't) they still do some rather silly (or scummy) stuff technically (like serving you ads when you type in a wrong address in the browser), and meanwhile I'd watch A&A fighting for things I believed in related to privacy on the internet and internet governance.

I honestly can't find a flaw in them.
Review Ratings
Summary: The best ISP around
August 31st, 2016 (Last Edited: August 31st, 2016)
I had been with Demon for over 20 years, but they no longered seemed to be interested in having my custom; they only seem to want businesses, not individuals.
Friends recommended that I join up with A&A, and from my first email to them they have never been anything other than polite, knowledgeable, and very helpful.
Review Ratings
Summary: Quality and geeky
August 30th, 2016 (Last Edited: August 30th, 2016)
These guys do not compromise. I've been using them for telco and ADSL for my business for 18 months or so, and recently switched my residential ADSL and telco to them as well.

They are totally no nonsense and so far everything has done "exactly what it says on the tin".

I have only once had call to phone their support and I spoke to someone who knew wtf they were doing and fixed my problem within moments.

Really pleased and very happy to recommend them.