AAISP

Summary: Dreadful service
April 6th, 2012 (Last Edited: April 6th, 2012)
I've had problems with line-validation for months and months with AAISP. They've insisted that it's my problem and sent me chasing after issues that don't exist. I've changed my computer, my router, and my line. They then insisted I buy a third router as it must be my router. It's not. It is line-validation problems that exist at the BT switch level and AAISP just refuse to chase BT on this because it will cost them money. What is amazing is that, no matter how carefully I itemised the problems, they could not respond to those issues but kept jumping to conclusions—all of which said that is was at my end. It's not. I've even got expert advice from a 30+ years programmer for Lucent, AT&T, the emergency services, etc. who said "it's a line-validation problem at the switch" but AAISP would not listen.

When I said I would go to the regulator, the director said I couldn't as I hadn't followed the complaint procedure - which they had not told me about in the preceding six months at all. This is abusive.

As long as your problems are simple and you are willing to spend lots of money to please them, then I'm sure they're fine. If it's at the BT level and therefore more complicated, even though it is still AAISP's responsibility as the provider, forget it. Just get an ISP that is willing to act professionally.
Review Ratings
Summary: disappointing service
March 28th, 2012 (Last Edited: March 28th, 2012)
Having been a long time customer and generally happy with the service - although the price is extremely high - I have been disappointed to receive a number of letters from them demanding money because of the VAT increase, which they hadn't warned me about in advance.

They then looked at my broadband usage and admitted they were charging about twice the price I was using.

Their technical knowledge may be good but their customer service is poor. They close on the dot at 5pm and don't even have an answerphone.

Disappointing after having been a reliable client for over 10 years
Review Ratings
Summary: Setting the standard
February 1st, 2012 (Last Edited: February 1st, 2012)
I have been with Andrews & Arnold for many years having previously tried several other ISP's. They are quite simply without peer. On the few occasions I have needed to contact support you are sure to speak with someone who has a genuine interest in solving whatever your issue might be. More importantly, the support staff have the knowledge to get the job done rather than going through a script parrot fashion.

Recently we moved home and BT had given a lead time of four weeks to get broadband installed (I asked bt as I thought they might be quickest). Having thought this was a mistake I asked another operator who again told me a date nearly one month away!!!!

I phoned Andrews and Arnold and they said I could expedite an order and be connected within 24 hours. Music to my ears :) It cost extra for this speedy connection but was ultimately worth every penny as I work from home 90% of the time.

If you are wavering on the price, do yourself a huge favour and bite the bullet, you will never have broadband woes again.
Review Ratings
Summary: You get what you pay for
January 24th, 2012 (Last Edited: January 24th, 2012)
AAISP is more expensive that some of the other Broadband providers out there, but the extra cost is more than justified by fast speeds, a broad range of options and excellent customer service. Issues are dealt with quickly and efficiently, and on the rare occasions when there are problems, you are kept informed of the issue and resolution. It is very useful to get an email or text message to say that the connection has gone down if you not at the PC. If you like playing with the line settings then there are endless opportunities for tweaking, all of which is supported by AAISP.

I also have a couple of VOIP lines through AAISP, including an AAISP SIM card which saves me nearly £25 a month in call charges compared with my old contract on Orange. Again there are plenty of options to play with and the support is excellent - the people you get on the phone actually know what they are talking about.

So, if you want an ISP you can rely on, with staff who are enthusiastic about the service they provide and you don't like being told to turn your PC / Router off and on again whenever you call Tech Support, AAISP is for you.
Review Ratings
Summary: Well worth it
January 18th, 2012 (Last Edited: January 18th, 2012)
I have been with AAISP now for just short of 3 months. I have been with virgin media for about 8yrs and have always had their fastest package, but a house move outside of VM's area put me on ADSL2.

Right from the start AAISP were good, it was great to get on the phone without waiting and speak to someone who actually knows what they are talking about. They gave me honest advice and did not seem to be "selling" to me at all.

It may seem a little expensive in comparison to some providers but you get what you pay for in terms of support, reliability and speed. As far as I can tell they have not cut corners anywhere.

They are also happy to give you multiple static IP addresses which is great for me :)

If you are sick of the constant data mining, collection and general big brother mentality I am sure you will appreciate this: http://aaisp.net.uk/news-censorship.html

TL;DR
Great ISP, worth every penny.