AAISP

Summary: The best support team ever!
June 28th, 2011 (Last Edited: June 28th, 2011)
A&A was recommended to me by a sysadmin at a large PLC. They are the ONLY company that was able to get a BT engineer to visit my home, diagnose and fix a fault on my line. EasyNet - despite being a BT affiliate - was not interested.

The service has been largely free of issues since the engineer visit, which left me with around 7.5MB down, 448k up, on a line which was previously unable to get 448k DOWN. The service is quite expensive relative to other retail offerings, but the support alone is worth it - it is close to being a managed service at a fraction of the price.

The only downside of the service is that A&A doesn't offer an unlimited usage tariff, so I had to do a fair bit of work on my router to throttle back traffic during the day. Other than that, I have absolutely no complaints and would recommend them to anyone.
Review Ratings
Summary: Excellent service
May 26th, 2011 (Last Edited: May 26th, 2011)
I moved from Tiscali after their service took a plunge following my exchange being upgraded to 21CN.

I'm now getting great speeds and their web panel gives you precisely how your connection is being used. You will also get an SMS when your connection goes up & down.

They provide a static IP address, and for those of you who are techie enough, a /48 IPv6 block (you will need an IPv6 capable router though)

It's great to call tech support and speak to somebody who actually knows what they're talking about - I'm a systems administrator and nothing is more frustrating that calling tech support and finding that you know more about the subject than the "tech support agent".

The "major" ISPs could really learn something from these guys.

I'm currently recommending them to anyone I speak to, including a tech support guy from the company we buy commercial routers from!
Review Ratings
Summary: Great Service
May 3rd, 2011 (Last Edited: May 3rd, 2011)
Switched to AAISP after 10 dreadful months on BT "broadband" services (56K-like speeds).
During those 10 months I've had 8 BT technicians trying to address the problem with no success and uncountable hours spent on the phone with them without improvement.

After switching to AAISP my connection went flying to a real 10Mb/s (sometimes even more) with great latency, which is as good as it can get on the Isle of Dogs/Poplar where I live.
Their Customer support had been excellent so far, their notifications, logs/usage statistics, account management pages and wiki are very well organized, comprehensive and informative. I particularly love their text messages notifications that will let you know straight away if there is something wrong, since when and how long it lasted. They even have a map of storms around the UK possibly affecting broadband lines.

Would definitely. definitely recommend them to anyone, especially if you've been having issues with your current ISP.
Review Ratings
Summary: so far so good
December 22nd, 2010 (Last Edited: March 28th, 2011)
Moved to aaisp on mon 20th dec 2010.
Ultra smooth move from previous isp,with no down time at all.
Speeds are up from my previous isp (fast.co.uk).
Very comprehensive online detailing of your usage-line stats ect.
Phone mannerism is excellent,when you need to call for any more info.
You can change your usage package-add new lines extras ect, all from your online control panel.

My choice was between AAISP and xilo.
Took AAISP for there detailed control panel & package variations/price.

Gaming(xbox) is important to me...pings are the same as my last isp, fine for gaming.

Just trying to decide on what package is going to be suitable for my usage needs...but i can change it when i need to through the online control panel...great !

UPDATE - 28/3/11....

my exchange got LLU enabled, so i,m off to sky...
cant fault these guys on anything - speed 100% all the time - pings good.
if they had LLU here, i would have gone with them..
If you want an ISP that gives you the constant full speed, good pings for gaming, & a bloody great control panel....i wouldnt go by AAISP.

Thanks guys for being the best isp i have had in YEARS.
if only they were ALL like these guys we wouldnt have so much bitchin & complaining on any forums !..

johnny........

Review Ratings
Summary: Excellent support
December 6th, 2010 (Last Edited: December 6th, 2010)
Andrews and Arnold are just amazing. Took on my line with known problems. Worked tirelessly to get it resolved.

My line in a new build was appaling. It was losing sync and having to reconnect several times a day. Sometimes it would be so bad I would have no Internet connection for hours at a time.

My previous ISP (Demon) gave up on it as soon as one BT engineer said he thought it might be REIN. He has no evidence to back this up, just a hunch. I was told point blank by Demon's support supervisor that they were not prepared to persue my issues any further.

AAISP got BT out many times until BT found the fault was in the E-Side pair. Once they changed the pair, it has been stable ever since.

On top of that, the whole way through with AAISP, I had one engineer who was keeping on top of my ticket (thanks Alan!) I was kept informed of what was happening and what he had been doing to get this sorted.

Cannot recommend them enough!

Jerry