AAISP

Summary: New AAISP User - Good First Impressions
March 10th, 2010 (Last Edited: March 10th, 2010)
Moved from O2 and all I can say is I couldn't be happier, what a relief. Andrews and Arnold and O2 are opposite ends of the spectrum in terms of the service they provide. It is so good to be back with a quality provider! I
just have to be carefully on peak usage, the allowance is quite small, but
I'll manage
Review Ratings
Summary: Best yet.......
January 2nd, 2010 (Last Edited: January 2nd, 2010)
Have been with quite a few ISPs inclusing Vispa, Zen Internet and a long long while ago now PlusNet.
I really cannot fault Andrews and Arnold as an ISP upto now as they've done nothing but assist when BT try to sabotage my every turn getting connected / using the Internet.

Speed I'm receiving is OK considering the distance to the nearest exchange (LVBRO) and as an added extra I was put onto ADSL2+ so my upstream speed has almost trebled. Line now syncing at 4100 with and downstream SNR of 11-15 db so I expect even more improvement in the coming weeks.

All in all, upto now an excellent service and their tech response is excellent.
Review Ratings
Summary: It couldn't be better!
December 4th, 2009 (Last Edited: December 4th, 2009)
I have only been with AAISP for about 15 months, but I can honestly say that I've experienced NO downtime at all with them; quite a contrast to my previous ISP!

For less than £18 per month, I get an absolutely FIRST CLASS service & excellent speeds for my very rural location.

AAISP is my tenth ISP; I was unhappy with all the others but fully expect to stay with AAISP for the forseeable future.

TOP NOTCH = TOP MARKS FROM ME.
Review Ratings
Summary: AAISP, The "Rolls Royce" of ISPs
November 14th, 2009 (Last Edited: November 14th, 2009)
I have little to add to the three comments immediately below. If you just want the fastest & most reliable ADSL broadband possible, THIS IS IT!

No gimmicks, no throttling & an excellent control panel. Peak period is 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday. For £17.57 per month, I get 1GB peak & 50 GB off-peak usage (other plans available). I have been with AAISP (Andrews & Arnold) since July 2008 and have never exceeded the 1GB peak usage; I just make sure big downloads are made after 6pm or on weekends. BRILLIANT, I cannot see any reason not to give them 10/10 across the board.
Review Ratings
Summary: Good for techies
April 9th, 2009 (Last Edited: April 9th, 2009)
I've been with AAISP since broadband was first rolled out back in 2000, and they have been pretty good.

They are not the cheapest so probably not so good for the average person who justs wants something cheap.

They have quite a lot which would appeal to more geeky types, such as a very good control panel which shows lots of things, like a graph of latency which runs 24/7/365 so you can monitor your connection quality.

They also give a block of real IP addresses so you don't need NAT, you configure your reverse IP, you can set interleaved/fastpath and you can configure stability options to optimise SNR margins, but this is all stuff that would be pretty much wasted on non-nerds!

Other good stuff is that there is no port 80 cache and no ports get blocked, so basically a "clean" connection wheras most big ISPs run a webcache. Again no big deal to the average surfer out there but all good stuff for techies!