AAISP

Summary: The best ISP I have used.
August 11th, 2008 (Last Edited: March 22nd, 2010)
ANDREWS & ARNOLD (AAISP) is an EXCELLENT ISP. I have been with ANDREWS & ARNOLD (AAISP) for 19 months. Everything has been superb and I can say that connection, upload & download speeds are much faster than those I had from Freedom2surf, IDNET, Newnet and AllFastAccess. What I also like is that there has been hardly any slowdown in the usual busy periods, with the exception of 9pm to 11pm Mon-Fri, when speeds are erratic. Although the "Peak" allowance packages seem mean, they only apply Mondays to Fridays 9am to 6pm! Any other time, evenings, night-time or on weekends, included usage is massive.

Unfortunately my situation has just changed & my daughters are gobbling up my Peak allowance at an alarming rate, using their new Notebook PCs. I can no longer afford AAISP's packages & have today migrated to XILO, who offer a much more generous Peak allowance of 25GB for £18.99 (though their Off-Peak hours are much shorter.)

I must heap praise on AAISP's migrate away system. I just selected "Leaving AAISP" on their secure website and requested a MAC. Within a few SECONDS I received the MAC by email!

AAISP are definitely amongst the top two or three high quality ISPs in The UK. Let's see if XILO can beat them; they look promising so far.
Review Ratings
Summary: Very Impressed
March 13th, 2010 (Last Edited: March 13th, 2010)
I moved to AAISP from plus.net after I finally got fed up of their traffic shaping. As a programmer I don't have time to deal with my ISP automatically blocking ports when they don't recognise the traffic from my programs (they assume unknown traffic is P2P and block it during peak times).

Unfortunately this kind of behaviour is very common among ISPs so I was very careful about selecting my next ISP. The reviews for AAISP were very promising and they seemed to fit what I wanted so I chose them.

I'm glad to report that all those other positive reviews were correct and I'm *very* pleased with the service.

The speed is excellent. I live right next to the exchange so I always got the maximum 2mbit broadband available in my area. I was pleasantly surprised when I switched to find my speed had jumped to a full 8mbit. Seemed plus.net had been throttling my connection to 2mbit despite the exchange having been upgraded to ADSL max.

The connection is also very reliable. I've yet to be dropped from a multiplayer game because of packet loss since joining AAISP. Even when things do go wrong (as they do at any ISP occasionally) they keep you informed and fix stuff quick.

I'm really impressed with how technical this ISP is. The people working there really know what they're doing and it shows. The control panel you're given access to is very powerful. I also love the way it lets you see graphs of your exact bandwidth usage for the past week.

I also want to mention how they're willing to give you blocks of multiple IPs at no extra cost. I have a /28 block of 16 IPs. That means the five computers, two xboxes, ps3 and assorted network devices in our house can each have a real IP with no need for NAT.

Finally the price may seem a little high compared to the sort of packages you see advertised on TV but what can I say, you get what you pay for. For the service provided the price is actually very reasonable.

I'm very happy with AAISP and don't plan on switching again. Keep up the good work guys!
Review Ratings
Summary: New AAISP User - Good First Impressions
March 10th, 2010 (Last Edited: March 10th, 2010)
Moved from O2 and all I can say is I couldn't be happier, what a relief. Andrews and Arnold and O2 are opposite ends of the spectrum in terms of the service they provide. It is so good to be back with a quality provider! I
just have to be carefully on peak usage, the allowance is quite small, but
I'll manage
Review Ratings
Summary: Best yet.......
January 2nd, 2010 (Last Edited: January 2nd, 2010)
Have been with quite a few ISPs inclusing Vispa, Zen Internet and a long long while ago now PlusNet.
I really cannot fault Andrews and Arnold as an ISP upto now as they've done nothing but assist when BT try to sabotage my every turn getting connected / using the Internet.

Speed I'm receiving is OK considering the distance to the nearest exchange (LVBRO) and as an added extra I was put onto ADSL2+ so my upstream speed has almost trebled. Line now syncing at 4100 with and downstream SNR of 11-15 db so I expect even more improvement in the coming weeks.

All in all, upto now an excellent service and their tech response is excellent.
Review Ratings
Summary: It couldn't be better!
December 4th, 2009 (Last Edited: December 4th, 2009)
I have only been with AAISP for about 15 months, but I can honestly say that I've experienced NO downtime at all with them; quite a contrast to my previous ISP!

For less than £18 per month, I get an absolutely FIRST CLASS service & excellent speeds for my very rural location.

AAISP is my tenth ISP; I was unhappy with all the others but fully expect to stay with AAISP for the forseeable future.

TOP NOTCH = TOP MARKS FROM ME.