PlusNet

Summary: PLUSNET - a difficult start but surprisingly good service in the end
December 21st, 2016 (Last Edited: January 11th, 2017)
As a respected and major property business Director my credit score has always been excellent with no exceptions. I was invited to try the Experian Credit Report and was horrified to note my credit score was actually 'Very Poor' !! This was due a catastrophic error made by PLUSNET which states I owe £595.00 for some mystery plusnet mobile account.

I have NEVER had a plusnet account of any kind or had any contact with Plusnet however they appear to have randomly added something to their records which potentially could have a major impact on me and our business reputation.

Calling plusnet customer services was just a joy ! - 'Chloe' who eventually took my call and despite explaining the reason for my call asked for my ''account number/details' !! - explaining again I have NEVER had an account with plusnet therefore I have NO account details she abruptly advised she could no longer help as I had failed the security checks and hung up.

Clearly customer services isn't something plusnet have invested in which could explain why their adverts state they are the 'cheapest', it really all makes sense now !

I have gone back to Experian who will write to Plusnet but advise it could be at least 28 days before any response is received so in the interim it is unwise for me to apply for any kind of new credit facilities as these will be declined due to a 'very poor' credit score caused by plusnet's incompetence !!.

I have also written to plusnet and to the CEO Andy Baker however from reading other customer reviews it appears Mr Baker is also unconcerned with customer issues.

10/01/17
After raising the above issue with Plusnet at the highest level, ownership was taken (Sarah) to a successful resolution with my credit score returned to its 'excellent' status.

I strongly believe feedback is crucial for any business (good & bad) so on this basis, I would like to thank Sarah and he colleagues for their assistance and professionalism in seeing this through to a speedy conclusion.

Based upon my experience with Plusnet which started out on a difficult footing I am happy to change my opinion and Rating.
Review Ratings
Summary: terrible, voting with my feet
January 10th, 2017 (Last Edited: January 10th, 2017)
My woes started when I got nest cams and realised my dsl speeds with Plusnet were about 2mbp down and up 0.12 (yes 0.12) my line is rated at 15 down and 2 up we live in an urban area. It took about 45 minutes in a phone queue to talk to someone, they made some changes to the line with very little improvement. This was repeated over 2 month and on three occasions. Now I get about 2 down and 0.2 up and have lost the will to live. So Andrew and Arnold here I come, lets hope it gets better
Summary: A bit satisfied
January 5th, 2017 (Last Edited: January 5th, 2017)
After many frustrating phone calls and a lack of communications in charges for engineers for faulty broadband and a rude lady in technical management I spoke to Robert Trueman who proved plusnet did have staff with excellent customer service skills. Thank you Robert for being able to help and clarify issues where other where rude.
Review Ratings
Summary: Plusnet
December 30th, 2016 (Last Edited: December 30th, 2016)
Been with them for years in two properties.
on the whole very happy BUT they, similar to Sky, are not interested in loyalty.
New customers get offered better deals which is frankly scandalous.
Review Ratings
Summary: Dissillusioned
December 23rd, 2016 (Last Edited: December 23rd, 2016)
Arguably,the central theme of PlusNet's public image comes down to honesty simplicity openness, fairness & integrity. 'Small enough to care; Big enough to cope')

It has to be said that, as with most IT based business' - indeed, any business today - you only discover the actual business practices or policies in place when issues arise & I have to say, my experience with this ISP - PlusNet - over a period of one year was the complete opposite to all the above.

Firstly, throughout the contract period, in every single case, when trying to make contact by telephone, I have waited as much as 1 hour 15 minutes - and never less than 45 minutes - to speak to a 'customer services' human voice. (That gives the lie to the 'service' proclamation)

Secondly, when advised of our intention to 'migrate', their sales staff categorically stated that, should we re-sign for another period, we would enjoy 'free broadband' - ONLY TO DISCOVER BY COMPLETE CHANCE THAT A CHARGE OF £9.99 HAD BEEN INCLUDED IN OUR PROJECTED MONTHLY BILL.(thus giving the lie to every one of the above)

Thirdly, on the basis of this false prospectus - that is of 'free broadband' - PlusNet demanded a 'goodwill' payment by debit card of £26.00. However, when informed of this blatant breach of the T.D.C, PlusNet resolutely refused to repay the £26.00. Several times.

Only when threatened by a County Court summons did they finally agree to repay the sum.

There are other instances - just as clear-cut - but I won't go into the detail.