Aquiss

Summary: Going down!
February 13th, 2007 (Last Edited: April 28th, 2008)
I started with these some months ago after looking at these reviews and seeing they were 3rd from the top and to be fair they were FANTASTIC, but........

They seem now to be going from one problem to another. The company that takes their payment went bust causing them to look for alternatives, The servers went down a few weeks ago and since then I have had connection problems, Dropouts and a slower service. As a customer that runs a computer reepair business this is not good. Contacting tech support or customer service takes an age and I am now looking for another ISP.
Review Ratings
Summary: Top Isp
November 18th, 2006 (Last Edited: April 28th, 2008)
i dont even belive i have to say anything here my review will be like all the others. Aquiss are aamazing provider with great customer service, yes the prices are high but you get what you pay for and after about 4 years with plus.net I really didnt mind paying for some good customer service. I have marked them down 2 points for speed as they were having a few problems recently due to some sort of loadbalancing issues but they were sorted quickly and also im only getting 6 meg and im 30 meters from my exchange(im synced at 8. when the new pipe comes in december and if the speeds go up 1 more meg i wil put the speed to 10.
Review Ratings
Summary: Arrogance at its best
November 18th, 2006 (Last Edited: April 28th, 2008)
I migrated over to Aquiss from Nildram because of god awfull support & the port throttling. I do know that some people have been having problems with poor speeds, but this has been down to Entanet and not Aquiss.

The support by phone is top notch, but in the \'members only\' section of their forums, they try to blame a lot of peoples problems on the users setup/hardware. I have since found them to be arrogant & pretentious, plus they dont like people answering them back on the forums.

I even had Admin ringing me up at home saying that because they didnt like my attitude in the forums they was going to offer me my MAC key!! Lmao
Review Ratings
Summary: unsure
November 21st, 2006 (Last Edited: April 28th, 2008)
I\'ve been with Aquiss for a month now and feel they are a good company although the recent service has been terrible, lots of disconnections throughout the day, terrible download speeds in the evening and 56k style pings to match.

I think Aquiss have simply bitten off more than they can chew.

The only other thing I don\'t like is that the support dont like to take responsibility for these problems and like to blame users hardware or BT for the ever growing list of problems but apart from that they can be very helpful.

there is a new pipe to be installed in Dec maybe this will resolve these problems. If so I will happily stay
Review Ratings
Summary: Excellent support....
November 21st, 2006 (Last Edited: April 28th, 2008)
I moved to Aquiss from Nildram, following a ridiculous saga of \"non-support\". Aquiss support have been top-notch, answering all my queries and problems quickly and efficiently. I have editted this review from \\\"so-so speeds\\\" beacuse this was due to a provider problem (Entanet). Now my link has stabilised, I am actually exceeding 1024kbps on ALL speedtesters, no matter what time of day!

All in all, a good experience. Nice to see that there are still people that take pride in their work, and aren\'t just out for the next buck.