uno (XILO)

Summary: Excellent ISP
July 23rd, 2010 (Last Edited: July 23rd, 2010)
Excellent in every way-
Fast Setup
Fast Internet
Excellent Reliability

Moved over from BT and it's like the jump from Dial-Up internet to broadband again!

Cannot fault this company and highly recommend it to anyone considering moving ISPs.
Review Ratings
Summary: Fantastic ISP
July 6th, 2010 (Last Edited: July 6th, 2010)
I've been with Tiscali, Demon and now Xilo.
When I was with Tiscali it kept disconnecting, when I was with Demon the support was awful (Online support chat for example, they would ignore me until I said "Hello?")

I'm now with Xilo, and I'm very happy. The support has been great, the multiple IP addresses for no added cost is fantastic.

When I was with Demon I asked them to reset the sync rate, and they refused. I've been with Xilo for just over a week now, asked them to reset the sync rate on Sunday, it was reset on Monday, and my connection speed has gone from 50KB/s to 160KB/s :)

The reason the speed is low is because of my very old phone line, not because of Xilo

I would recommend Xilo any day.
Review Ratings
Summary: Top Banana :D
July 2nd, 2010 (Last Edited: July 2nd, 2010)
Seamless switch over from o2 who were, quite frankly rubbish.

Still found line to be a bit slow but after speaking to the tech support team (very none geek friendly!) they tweeked and poked a bit and squeezed a lot more out of my line - which is now much more stable and quicker too.

Result!

Highly recommended :D
Review Ratings
Summary: Xilo Net
June 27th, 2010 (Last Edited: June 27th, 2010)
Ok, I was with my old provider for over 12 years and _never_ had any trouble with them.

However, after speed-testing them randomly a couple of years back my average speed was approx .6mb (NB; I am in no way tech savvy so excuse my lack of 'tech' speak!)

A friend of mine recommended Xilo so I researched them thoroughly and found nothing but good words said about them, so took the plunge.

Best thing I ever did net-wise!! My speed is currently well over 6mb and I'm now enjoying my PS3 gaming, films and music downloading like I never have done before.

Any issues I had were answered promptly by the help desk either thru phone or email and with a human voice on the end who obviously cared about their customers and Xilo as a business.

I can't recommend these guys enough, and I've been trying to get all my fiends on board as well!

With no contracts and rolling month-by-month payments, what have you got to lose??
Review Ratings
Summary: Says it on the tin
June 26th, 2010 (Last Edited: June 26th, 2010)
After a couple of years with Tiscali, I finally bit the bullet. got the MAC code and moved.
Positives :
Max speed possible via my exchange.
No throttling.
Sensible download limits for the price you pay, as opposed to some vague "fair use policy".
Helpful, informative staff,who speak English in a way I can actually understand.
Simple email service without all those idiotic pop ups.

Negatives: erm?? None

EDIT: They guided me through any problems, however simple, with patience and without being patronising, which makes a refreshing change!