uno

Summary: Brilliant.
February 4th, 2011 (Last Edited: February 4th, 2011)
Xilo are excellent. Only had my net for a day but had alot of trouble with BT for 2 months over getting my phoneline connected and Xilo's customer service was brilliant over those 2 months. They offered useful advice usually within minutes of asking or within the hour at most.

line speed was a bit jumpy at first but seems to have settled now and is nice and fast.

I've been with a few service providers over the years and xilo has already beaten them all hands down.

Great prices, no line throttling and some of the best customer service you will see.

Highly recommended for anyone sick of terrible isp's
Review Ratings
Summary: Xilo Support
January 18th, 2011 (Last Edited: January 18th, 2011)
Have had problems with reconnects and instability using HomePro16.

Had two tickets for support with Matt. He advised first time on new equipment and second time on calling out BT engineer. I submitted stats from router and lots of description of what was happening. This is the first time an ISP has looked properly at the quality of the service received at the customers end.

I must say that support been a fantastic on this. Getting the right equipment and optimising everything is so important and Matt's advice has been extremely helpful and successful. There is no quick fix to these things and it takes tenacity to get there.

Xilo provide a lot of support all at a very competitive price.
Review Ratings
Summary: withdrawn
January 16th, 2011 (Last Edited: January 16th, 2011)
withdrawn.
Review Ratings
Summary: Not bad at all...
December 24th, 2010 (Last Edited: December 24th, 2010)
Been with Xilo for 8 months on the Pro Office product and just left.

They're not bad at all - Matt and Tom are pretty good tech support; the speed isn't too bad, but the underlying infrastructure needs work.

I joined them from Plusnet who were throttling my line down to useless levels, and in that regard Xilo have been far superior - unmetered and unthrottled is mandatory as far as I'm concerned and they were true to their word. However, the C&W LLU hardware on which their products are based is shoddy. From the moment I joined them my sync speeds dropped 25% and I'd get disconnected every time the phone rang. Matt and Tom worked hard with me to diagnose the problem and it went back and forth to C&W for about a month - ultimately with no fix, despite it being reproducible. I guess with BT, C&W and Xilo in the mix, nobody was prepared to step up and take responsibility. Add in a few (occasional) network issues within Xilo's own network and it's been acceptable but nothing outstanding.

Today I've migrated to Be who also do an unmetered, unthrottled product for roughly the same money, but based on BT infrastructure. The sync speeds are up 25% and I now can longer reproduce the disconnection problem. For me, that confirms C&W's hardware in the Exchange is the fault. Hopefully this will be a long term improvement...

In summary, I'd recommend Xilo, but be wary of the C&W LLU infrastructure which various online forum discussions highlight as being under-par. 5/10 for 'services' purely because I didn't use anything other than pure connectivity. 8/10 for support because they're helpful, but ultimately didn't resolve my issue. 7/10 for 'speed' because it's the same at all times of day, but 25% slower than it could be. 7/10 for 'value' because £24/mth isn't the cheapest product of this kind out there.

Review Ratings
Summary: Excellent
December 23rd, 2010 (Last Edited: December 23rd, 2010)
Just migrated to Xilo from Tiscali which has become talk talk and increased prices as well as continuing its awful customer service. Once I finally extracted a MAC from Tiscali the migration to Xilo was seamless. I received clear and complete login details immediately I ordered. This allowed me to set up a spare modem router in advance of the switch to Xilo, which happened on the day specified. So I could return home, plug in spare router and presto, a great connection!

My modem reports the same speed (Right now 7456 kbps) but the actual experienced browsing speed is at least doubled. (I am several miles from the exchange.)

I chose the 5gb package. After 4 days the usage meter revealed that I would easily exceed that, (we have 4 PC's) so I requested a shift to the Home 25 package. This happened within 48 hours, all done by E mail on a support ticket by the fabled Matt. Brilliant service. Great my xilo interface. I'm just about to migrate my Mum as well, the standard fixed IP will make it easy for us to maintain her PC remotely.