uno (XILO)

Summary: Excellant
December 19th, 2010 (Last Edited: December 19th, 2010)
I have just transferred form FAST were I was getting an average speed of 8Mb and was told this is the best I could expect from my line. How wrong Xilo are providing an average of 14mb nearly double!
Early days yet and will post if things change
Thanks Xilo, I now seem to be getting the product I am paying for
Review Ratings
Summary: Very pleased
November 27th, 2010 (Last Edited: November 27th, 2010)
We've been with Xilo for a month now and are very satisfied with the service. The move to LLU has improved our line speed in spite of our distance from the exchange. But what is most unusual is the helpfulness of the support and customer service. When I requested to release my domain name from Madasafish, it happened so quickly that my Xilo broadband had not even started yet, leaving me without email to my domain name. I contacted Xilo, who were happy to let me start hosting my domain name with them 2 weeks prior to my broadband switch over. I have also benefitted from Xilo's cPanel interface, which is far better than with my previous supplier. I now enjoy unlimited broadband each month for only a couple of extra quid. Hence I consider this to be a vast improvement in value for money.
Review Ratings
Summary: Great Support
November 26th, 2010 (Last Edited: November 26th, 2010)
We have been with Xilo for a few months now after a disastrous spell with Plusnet. I have been with a few broadband suppliers over the years, and Xilo have provided the best service out of all of them. They've been very helpful with getting a BT line fault fixed when BT were driving me nuts.

Review Ratings
Summary: Cant ask for anything better!
January 8th, 2010 (Last Edited: November 17th, 2010)
Have been with Xilo on their 16mb llu service for 6 weeks now, after a year of misery with O2. I am over a mile from my telephone exchange, and my wiring is far from modern. But Xilo give me very decent speeds, and my connection is blissfully dependable. They made me feel welcome and any queries I have,are answered speedily.

They are top notch all the way!

ONE YEAR ON TO THE DAY:
The service has remained exceptional, and would not dream of going anywhere else, looking forward to another year with XILO and hopefully will be on their FTTC service this time next year.
Review Ratings
Summary: So So - Very So So
November 1st, 2010 (Last Edited: November 1st, 2010)
I've waited a couple of weeks so that I could be objective before writing this review.

I do have a few gripes with Xilo.

Things went swimmingly well in the early days. However, when I needed to make a support call, there were times when getting through took longer than was expected (based on the perceptions of a service led ISP).

Once through, I invariably came away from a call feeling rather like the buck had been passed from Xilo to the manufacturer of my router, or to my Exchange Host or to BT. Problems never seemed cured by Xilo.

In September, I took the view that my problems were never going to be fixed by Xilo and I that wouldn't fare any worse with BT Business. After all, it would be their router using their broadband over their line. No buckpassing excuses.

The most irritating bugbear I have - petty to some I know - is that Xilo's billing system is rather biased towards them. I joined two thirds the way through a month. The initial invoice was pro-rated. The leaving invoice was for the a whole month (1-31 October) even through a Mac Code, and therefore notice, was requested on 22 September. 30 days notice should have meant that I was to be billed to 22 October. But alas no, Xilo insisted on billing to the end of the October. As I say, it's petty, but a little fairness would go a long way.

All I would say is that one man's meat is another man's poison. It didn't work out for me and I'm quite happy with my decision to take my chances with BT Business (note it's not residential) Broadband.