XILO

Summary: Very Satisfied with Xilo
May 14th, 2010 (Last Edited: May 14th, 2010)
I had been with my old ISP for many many years and although initially the speeds were acceptable, more recently they had seriously declined, since being bought by another telco, to the point of less than 1Mbps in the evenings. Their technical support were unable to increase the speed, despite numerous calls and emails to them! I'm on a non-LLU exchange so didn't really expect to get much of a speed increase, no matter which ISP I went with, especially as a local friend gets similar speeds with a different ISP; however, I decided to give XILO a go, after seeing reviews on here. The fact that I could try it without a long-term contract (month at a time) was attractive, as if not satisfied I could move. My trepidation was unfounded though, as XILO have proved to be an absolutely brilliant ISP. To start with, I had a few questions before migrating, so I emailed XILO technical support and to my surprise I received replies extremely fast, often within minutes of submitting! The migration to XILO went extremely smoothly, with my existing ISP providing the MAC code within minutes of requesting and XILO completing the migration on the date promised. I am on a 8Mbps exchange. I'm writing this review in the evening and my present sync speed is 7552 kbps, with a download speed of 5816 kbps. Compared to evening download speeds of less than 1000 kbps I was getting with my old ISP, that is a remarkable increase. XILO control panel is very good, clearly showing bandwidth usage on monthly and daily graphs. I opted for a 50Gb/month package, as it was the same price as my old ISP was charging, I have found it to be more than enough and I'm quite a heavy user.

Keep up the good work XILO :)
Review Ratings
Summary: xilo
May 14th, 2010 (Last Edited: May 14th, 2010)
Had to register with ispreview to make a few comments about how delighted I am with Xilo. From day one everything has been perfect and can higly recommend. The support is second to none and is often dealt with almost instantly when an enquiry is made via email or ticket. I have had no problems at all so far, but the feeling you get is if and when i problem occurs it will be dealt with quickly and professionally. I have nothing but good things to say about xilo, and its a refreshing change to have an isp that makes you feel like your an important customer.I am not in a very good location for excelent speeds, but the speeds I do manage are now very stable and so far "un capped" or "throttled" in any way. After bad experiences with BT (nightmare), and Titanadsl (went downhill after switching me to vispa), its great to feel like I have an isp that I can trust again.
Keep up the good work :)
Review Ratings
Summary: Xilo Bliss
May 13th, 2010 (Last Edited: May 13th, 2010)
I live in a village which does not have access to any LLU or cable services.
I have tried 3 or 4 ISPs in the last few years and all have been a disappointment, especially O2 Access. So when my 12 month tie in was up I got my MAC and had a look around.
I had not heard of Xilo but decided to give them a go as they had a monthly contract and got good reviews.
I am so glad I did try them.
The transfer process was seamless.
For the first time in years I am able to watch streaming services such as iPlayer or Skyplayer without any buffering mid program.
My speeds are a constant 5Mb+ down and 30ms ping.
They have great online tools so you can see your daily usage.
The support team are extremely fast to reply to any questions and seem to know what they are talking about.
I am paying a little more for my service than I was with O2 but with broadband over IPStream it seems you really do get what you pay for.
So far I am delighted with Xilo .. keep up the good work!
Review Ratings
Summary: Goodbye AOL
April 30th, 2010 (Last Edited: April 30th, 2010)
Switched to XILO from AOL after months of getting less than 1meg speeds most of the time. Since switching to XILO im now looking at around a constant 4mb connection pretty much any time of the day and this was after AOL insisted that going elsewhere will not improve my connection speed, BAH!

Ok, im paying a little more than AOL but im certainly noticing the benefit. Its the same old thing, you gets what you pay for and in this case XILO is definetly up there with the best for the service/price ratio.

Absolutley love the online account with the usage statistics so i can see my usage, and other things relating to my account, I even have control over interleaving.

All in all, I would recommend XILO over most of the ISP's out there........
Review Ratings
Summary: Two simple word: excellent support!
April 29th, 2010 (Last Edited: April 29th, 2010)
Although I've been with Xilo for only about two weeks, I can already tell their tech support is absolutely outstanding! I have been totally stunned (positively, of course) to see meaningful email responses to my queries sent back within just few minutes! I've been considering taking Virgin Media fibre-optic broadband which would definitely be faster than ADSL in my neighbourhood, but thankfully I've decided to give it a go with Xilo and despite my BT line being a bit of rubbish and getting slightly slower speeds, I'd probably never-ever get that sort of support with VM. All in all I definitely don't regret that decision and would surely recommend Xilo to anyone.
Review Ratings

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved (Terms, Privacy Policy, Links (.), Live Chat & Website Rules).