uno

Summary: withdrawn
January 16th, 2011 (Last Edited: January 16th, 2011)
withdrawn.
Review Ratings
Summary: Not bad at all...
December 24th, 2010 (Last Edited: December 24th, 2010)
Been with Xilo for 8 months on the Pro Office product and just left.

They're not bad at all - Matt and Tom are pretty good tech support; the speed isn't too bad, but the underlying infrastructure needs work.

I joined them from Plusnet who were throttling my line down to useless levels, and in that regard Xilo have been far superior - unmetered and unthrottled is mandatory as far as I'm concerned and they were true to their word. However, the C&W LLU hardware on which their products are based is shoddy. From the moment I joined them my sync speeds dropped 25% and I'd get disconnected every time the phone rang. Matt and Tom worked hard with me to diagnose the problem and it went back and forth to C&W for about a month - ultimately with no fix, despite it being reproducible. I guess with BT, C&W and Xilo in the mix, nobody was prepared to step up and take responsibility. Add in a few (occasional) network issues within Xilo's own network and it's been acceptable but nothing outstanding.

Today I've migrated to Be who also do an unmetered, unthrottled product for roughly the same money, but based on BT infrastructure. The sync speeds are up 25% and I now can longer reproduce the disconnection problem. For me, that confirms C&W's hardware in the Exchange is the fault. Hopefully this will be a long term improvement...

In summary, I'd recommend Xilo, but be wary of the C&W LLU infrastructure which various online forum discussions highlight as being under-par. 5/10 for 'services' purely because I didn't use anything other than pure connectivity. 8/10 for support because they're helpful, but ultimately didn't resolve my issue. 7/10 for 'speed' because it's the same at all times of day, but 25% slower than it could be. 7/10 for 'value' because £24/mth isn't the cheapest product of this kind out there.

Review Ratings
Summary: Excellent
December 23rd, 2010 (Last Edited: December 23rd, 2010)
Just migrated to Xilo from Tiscali which has become talk talk and increased prices as well as continuing its awful customer service. Once I finally extracted a MAC from Tiscali the migration to Xilo was seamless. I received clear and complete login details immediately I ordered. This allowed me to set up a spare modem router in advance of the switch to Xilo, which happened on the day specified. So I could return home, plug in spare router and presto, a great connection!

My modem reports the same speed (Right now 7456 kbps) but the actual experienced browsing speed is at least doubled. (I am several miles from the exchange.)

I chose the 5gb package. After 4 days the usage meter revealed that I would easily exceed that, (we have 4 PC's) so I requested a shift to the Home 25 package. This happened within 48 hours, all done by E mail on a support ticket by the fabled Matt. Brilliant service. Great my xilo interface. I'm just about to migrate my Mum as well, the standard fixed IP will make it easy for us to maintain her PC remotely.
Review Ratings
Summary: Excellant
December 19th, 2010 (Last Edited: December 19th, 2010)
I have just transferred form FAST were I was getting an average speed of 8Mb and was told this is the best I could expect from my line. How wrong Xilo are providing an average of 14mb nearly double!
Early days yet and will post if things change
Thanks Xilo, I now seem to be getting the product I am paying for
Review Ratings
Summary: Very pleased
November 27th, 2010 (Last Edited: November 27th, 2010)
We've been with Xilo for a month now and are very satisfied with the service. The move to LLU has improved our line speed in spite of our distance from the exchange. But what is most unusual is the helpfulness of the support and customer service. When I requested to release my domain name from Madasafish, it happened so quickly that my Xilo broadband had not even started yet, leaving me without email to my domain name. I contacted Xilo, who were happy to let me start hosting my domain name with them 2 weeks prior to my broadband switch over. I have also benefitted from Xilo's cPanel interface, which is far better than with my previous supplier. I now enjoy unlimited broadband each month for only a couple of extra quid. Hence I consider this to be a vast improvement in value for money.