Sponsored Links

Tiscali Customer Service

Dear all,

Please take a look at the response I have received from Tiscali customer service having failed to connect to the Internet for the last 6 weeks!!

Enjoy

Dear Customer Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.

Subject
complaints

Discussion Thread
Response (Michaela Blair) 12/03/2007 12.57 PM
Dear Dave Irving,

Thank you for contacting Tiscali Customer Support.

To help resolve Technical matters we have dedicated support teams.

Broadband Technical Department on 0870 744 2922 and select option 1. Lines are open 24hrs and calls are charged at national rate.

Dial-up Technical Department on 0870 744 2922 and select option 3. Lines are open every day from 8am to midnight and calls are charged at national rates.

Tiscali Talk Faults Department on 0870 744 2922 and select option 2. Lines are open every day from 8am to midnight and calls are charged at national rate.

Alternatively, you can visit our online help which will also give you the option of contact the support department via email.

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/help/

Kind regards,

Michaela Blair
Tiscali Billing and Customer Care

This email and its attachments are confidential and intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s). This email and its attachments may also be privileged or protected by legal rules. If you have received this by mistake please let us know by reply immediately and destroy the email and its attachments without reading, copying or forwarding the contents.
Customer (a a) 12/03/2007 10.42 AM
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am confused about your last e-mail. As yet I still have no internet service!! Since I initially contacted you on 7/03 your responses have always stated that you can re-open the complaint after 7 days.

Is this seven days after 07/03 or seven days after your last response???

After many broken promises I am still waiting for someone from your technical department to contact me!!! The latest promise is supposed to be today. As I have no faith in you whasoever I am sure I will have to chase you again today!!

Regards

Dave Irving

Tiscali Broadband only £9.99 a month for your first 3 months! http://www.tiscali.co.uk/products/broadband/
Response (Becky Griffin) 09/03/2007 10.55 AM
Dear Dave Irving

Broadband Technical Department on 0870 744 2922 and select option 1. Lines are open 24hrs and calls are charged at national rate.

Dial-up Technical Department on 0870 744 2922 and select option 3. Lines are open every day from 8am to midnight and calls are charged at national rates.

Tiscali Talk Faults Department on 0870 744 2922 and select option 2. Lines are open every day from 8am to midnight and calls are charged at national rate.

Alternatively, you can visit our online help which will also give you the option of contact the support department via email.

Kind regards,

Becky

This email and its attachments are confidential and intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s). This email and its attachments may also be privileged or protected by legal rules. If you have received this by mistake please let us know by reply immediately and destroy the email and its attachments without reading, copying or forwarding the contents.
Customer (a a) 09/03/2007 09.28 AM
Customer Care,

On Tuesday I was told that a technician would telephone me within three days. I have waited until this morning and had no such call.

I again called technical support repeating everything again. I have now been told to try the broadband again once I switch our burglar alarm off (This is separate to our telephone line!!)

How long do I have to go on trying different things before I can move to another a internet provider!!

Dave Irving

Tiscali Broadband only £9.99 a month for your first 3 months! http://www.tiscali.co.uk/products/broadband/
Response (Rachael Mackay) 08/03/2007 11.23 AM
Dear Mr Irving,

We do not deal with technical issues that is why we have provided you with our Technical Support number. You need to call them as we are only the Billing and Customer Care department. Here is an email address for our technical team: broadbandservices@uk.tiscali.com.

Kind regards,

Rachael Mackay

Customer (a a) 08/03/2007 09.28 AM
Becky,

I find your response hilarious. In summary I haven't had access to the internet since the end of January and the only the I can do is wait for a technician to call me.

However you have given yourself another seven days to sort this problem out yet you still take money out of my account for providing me with nothing but poor customer service.

I take it in 7 days time the only thing you will offer will be another 7 days when you try and sort this problem out!

How long does it take before you guys admit that you can't provide me with access to the internet - 7 days, a month, six months???

David Irving

Response (Becky Griffin) 07/03/2007 05.00 PM
Dear Mr Irving

Kind regards,

Becky

Customer (a a) 07/03/2007 10.16 AM
pageurl: http://www.tiscali.co.uk/products/broadband/build/cop/form.html
required_FirstName: David
required_LastName: Irving
required_customer_acc_code: U18RWQVQ562
Telephone_no: 07790610180
required_Email: david.irving1970@tiscali.co.uk
tiscalicontact: Yes on 5 occasions over the last two months. See details below
required_Details: Dear Sir/Madam,

In the last 3 months you have taken £45 out of my account and provided only 3 weeks connection to the Internet. I do not remember this being shown in your advertisements but am happy to forward this letter to trading standards to ensure you show it in your future advertisements.

In the middle of January we informed you that we were moving from 78 Church Hill Road to 32 Ascote Lane on the 31st January. This would give you ample time to get us connected at our new address.

Due to the house move we weren’t able to test the connection until the beginning of February. Unfortunately it didn’t work. When I phoned your helpline we were told it was a problem with BT and that it would be resolved in 5 – 10 days.

At this point I went abroad on business and when I got back tried the internet connection again. What a surprise still no connection!! When I spoke with your helpline again I talked with a supervisor and told him that you had until Monday 5th March to get me connected otherwise I would cancel the account and move to another internet provider.

I tried the internet again last night, still no connection. After numerous attempts to reach customer services on your helpline I finally got a number only to be told that you didn’t open until 9am.

When I got through this morning I had an argument with someone in customer services telling me that I would still have to pay the remaining amount of the contract even if I cancelled. When I asked to speak to a supervisor I was told that they weren’t in until sometime between 10 – 11 and that I would have to call back. Can you understand why I am angry??

You have had a month and a half to get us connected to the internet and have failed. I have no faith whatsoever that you will get us connected in the near future.

Should you wish to avoid any adverse publicity or investigation by trading standards please ensure the following happens immediately :

• The broadband account is cancelled immediately
• No additional monies will be debited from my account
• You provide me with the MAC code so I can move to another internet provider

Regards

David Paul Irving

Email : david.irving1970@tiscali.co.uk

Tel : 07790610180

This is very similar to what I had with Talktalk. I'd suggest writing them a letter saying they've not been able to fix the problem, and give them 7 days to resolve it. I did that with talktalk and after a week without a fix called them and they agreed to cancel. I've now signed up with another ISP and got online without the hassle - it was a risk that they'd make it work but the gamble paid off for me.

Make sure you get the ok to cancel in writing as im not fighting with talktalk who say i still owe money ... bring it on i say !!

Good luck mate

Reg

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5467)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2523)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2233)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1607)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules