Sponsored Links

Anyone Using GiffGaff?

Bob2002

ULTIMATE Member
So my mobile contract is due to end in a couple of months (T-Mobile) and I'm toying with the idea of GiffGaff. Does anyone have any experience of them? :hrmph:

Only just signed up my daughter for unlimited texts, after she sent 750 in a month !
So far so good, calls are just 10p, not bad.
But you need to put up £15 to start with, which isn't quite clear from their website.
M

I joined in January,there has been one serious outage but apart from that everything was ok.
You need to activate the sim with a £10 minimum topup which is added to your account as credit,from this you can buy a goodybag(or purchase separately).
The £10 goodybag most popular, gives you 250 min, unlimited text and mobile internet with free gg-gg calls/text.
If you order the sim from someones link you and they get a £5 bonus on your account.
Not sure if i'm allowed to post a link but if you want a sim Pm me for the link.
Steve

Sponsored Links
My younger sister left T-Mobile contract after 10 years with them and she couldn't be more happier with giffgaff, although support is done via support ticket and by member on their forums.

Matt

YOU DONT NEED £15, I got a SIM and added a mere fiver to get the wife started.

As I understand it -

*You need to top-up by top-up voucher, top-up by credit card or buy a goodybag from your credit card at least every 3 months to receive free giffgaff to giffgaff calls, if you don't other UK rates will apply as above. The free giffgaff to giffgaff calls last for 60 minutes per call, so you need to hang up and re-dial if you want to keep talking.

So the extra charge is really about GiffGaff to GiffGaff calls.

As I understand it -
So the extra charge is really about GiffGaff to GiffGaff calls.
There is no extra charge.
If you top-up £10 you get free calls/text GG-GG you then have £10 credit on phone to use either as PAYG or buy a goodybag for minutes/text/internet for calls/text to landline/other mobiles.

Example:
Give son GG sim 5th January activate with £10 his account shows balance £10
Buy the £5 Unlimited text goodybag he gets free calls to me for 3 months (04/04) can text anyone for 1 month
Buy 2nd £5 Unlimited text goodybag February from balance he can still call me free til 04/04 text anyone for 1 month

This assumes he doesn't call anyone but me, however if i had topped up with £15 he would have the remaining £5 to call other mobiles and landlines @ 10p min.

March top-up another £10 he can call/text me for a further 3 months free buy £5 Unlimited text goodybag for texting friends for 1 month.
Also as i recommended him he gets a £5 bonus on his account

Sponsored Links
You also get 1 minute free, for every minute someone calls you from a non GG phone.

Hmm, perhaps I did it the wrong way round, but I bought my daughter the £5 unltd. txt. "goodybag", but then had to add £10 for
her to be able to make calls, (it's for a PHONE after all...).
I find their childish language and rules confusing !

Is it??> Sorry, that is the only package I have used

Sponsored Links
Yes I have a experience with giffgaff and it provides goods services. But if you want to get more reliable services then at least one time try to use callcentrall services.

Albert my keen spidey spam sensors detect that your Pakistani IP and Australian ISP choice may mean you're a spammer.

I and my family have been on Orange EQ Virgin tariff for 10 YEARS.
Just got a letter from Orange:
As of 1st May, call charges going up 500% !!!. Previously FREE voicemail will cost 25p send and receive !
They wrote some garbage about 'aligning tariffs, but if fact they want to KILL it stone dead ! Honesty ? They don't now the meaning of it !
Bye Orange !

So we will all be joining my older daughter at Giff Gaff. (She had to have the unlimited texts..!)
Though I will miss the ability to send voicemail, rather then call, very useful if you or the recipient is driving.
Oh, and I don't do texting....

Lately it seems like Orange/EE are doing everything they can to lose customers rather than gain them, often by scrapping the older and less lucrative tariffs/promotions. But they're doing this at a time when rivals often have more competitive alternatives. Hmm..

Orange lost me to GiffGaff a few months ago; they didnt even try to offer me a better deal as my contract was over, despite that fact I have been an Orange customer since the original Nokia Orange.

My only gripe with GiffGaff is that their system doesnt let you have more than one SIM per user, I have three, one for my phone, one for SWMBO's, and one for my netbook, so I have to run three accounts.

Sponsored Links
I found OVIVO by way of a recommendation and have to say the pricing is Very good. Better than GiffGaff.

I've got a data plan with them for the whole sum of nothing per month. My Dad has phone as does sister in law. Can't fault them.

I've just left giffgaff today because of there awful 3G speeds and gone with Three for an extra £2 a month, now I'm getting 36mb down and 18mb up although the signal for calls doesn't seems as strong.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5470)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules