( Register Here | Lost Password ) Search Today's Posts FAQ
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    PM
    Send Message

Thanks for your reply stitchtech but we've sorted that error now... the current error is "error 718 - the remote computer did not respond in a timely manner"... at least I think it was 718 when it happened yesterday but it may have been 712...

Anyway, it works fine all day but as soon as everybody comes home at 6pm, I get booted and usually can't get back on again unless I can be bothered to spend 45 minutes trying. I do like this software though that is actually blaming tesco.com for me not being able to get online... Will give it til I move house in 3 weeks and if it doesnt improve then its bye bye tesco.

By the way, I have sent 2 emails to tesco.net support and havent received any replies at all... after 10 days! Ridiculous.

PM
    Send Message

Angry

HOORAY!!!! I received a reply from tesco.net to my email. It says:

"Dear %customer_name%,

Thank you for your recent email.

Kind regards,

Muhammad
    Tesco Internet Support Team
    http://www.tesco.net

Support 8am-12pm 365 days a year"

And thats it. And yes it actually says "Dear %customer_name%," instead of my name!!!

What a joke tesco.net is. If support can't even reply to an email asking for help properly, what hope do they have of sorting anything out?

PM
    Send Message

You should feel honoured indeed to get any response from this cowboy operation!
    Have you tried using %customer_name% as a login?

Default Tesco Broadband

I have been reading all about tesco broadband (after i signed up). I have been unable to connect since being activated on the 29th Nov. My USB light is green with my ADSL flashing green. I get No dial tone.
    Tesco support is terrible, i was holding on for 47 minutes this morning!!!

Please help me....

PM
    Send Message

my connection has been playing up tonight really for the first major time from 6pm, get connected then get booted off after 3/4 minutes or at random.

I joined tesco about 3 weeks back and ever since, ive never been able to connect at teatime,its after 9 sometimes before i get online.....T

im serously thinking of cancelling,theyre just not delivering the goods....T

PM
    Send Message

I'd start by checking through here to see if you've got all your bases covered.

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/articles/adsltips/
    Mark 'Winter' Jackson
    Editor-in-Chief - ISPreview.co.uk

Might also be worth them starting a new thread seeing as this one dates back to 2004 and i doubt the packages they sell (think they do a C&W based LLU offering nowadays) are the same as they were back then. No idea who their suppliers were in 2004

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12