( Register Here | Lost Password ) Search Today's Posts FAQ
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    PM
    Send Message

Hi,

I'd be interested in having a look at this matter, could you drop an email in for my attention please?

Regards,

Mark
    Fast.co.uk Support Team
    Web: www.fast.co.uk Tel: 01428 80 80 80

PM
    Send Message

Hi Mark,

I've been in contact with you for the past few weeks about my problem. You told me in your last e-mail that there was nothing that could be done and I would have to wait for my exchange to be upgraded, which could take months. I'm not on here to put you guys down or anything, I'm just looking for any further advice/help that anyone may have to offer. Like I said in my first post, your service has been top drawer.

Ian

PM
    Send Message

What's your telephone exchange vt? Also, could you post your router stats (attenuation, noise margin etc.) as that may reveal more.
    Mark 'Winter' Jackson
    Editor-in-Chief - ISPreview.co.uk

PM
    Send Message

Hi Mark J,
    Sorry I haven't replied earlier, been down country at a wedding this weekend.

My exchange is in Workington.

ADSL

Type Interleave Path
    Status SHOWTIME

Downstream Upstream

Data rate(Kbps) 8128Kb 448Kb

Noise Margin 7 27

Output power(dBm) 127 199

Attenuation(dB) 37 18

I've had my router switched off all weekend and have literally just turned it back on and I don't know if that might have any effect on the stats.

PM
    Send Message

Do a speedtest through http://speedtester.bt.com and paste the results
    Lee Heyes
    Service Assurance Engineer- Central Monitoring Team, Zen Internet
    T: 0845 058 9009
    F: 0845 058 9170
    W: http://www.zen.co.uk

PM
    Send Message

Hi Lee,

Here's my latest BT test result 31/08/10 13:10

Download speedachieved during the test was - 4297 Kbps

For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 600-7150 Kbps.

Additional Information:
    Your DSL Connection Rate :8128 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
    IP Profile for your line is - 7150 Kbps

My Fast.co.uk speedtester result from the same time -

Your current bandwidth reading is: 1.82 Mbps

I have loads of these test results from weeks back which I have been sending to my ISP, there's much variety in results as i've had the problem since late May/early June.

PM
    Send Message

Mark Fast.co.uk Rep

Fast.co.uk Support is 200%

I have tried to add to my Review in the Review section but the Site System wont let me either put an extra Review or add to my existing one.

I thought I would come to the Thread and ask you to convey my appreciation of the Guys - Keith, John and Sean in helping a real Silv.Surfer Technically challenged to set up an extra email address. I know it doesnt sound much to you Tech People but to a self taught Surfer it was immense help.

I will leave you to imagine Keith telling me what to type and where, with phone in one hand - typing one handed and trying to make notes at the same time on what went in where, so I dont have to bother the busy Guys if there is a next time.

It is a pity I cant get this more noticed so many people are missing out on a ISP that does exactly what it says on the label and much more. It is a pity this Comment couldnt be posted as more recent that the latest on Fast Reviews which was not a good one and is the first one people see - although if people bother to read on they will see that it is really a totally different story. but neverthelesss gives a bad impression.

Thanks Guys

PM
    Send Message

Hi Silv.Surfer,

You should just be able to just click 'Edit Review' on your review (right side under the review ratings)

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/review/reviews/5314.html

But I suspect that your issue about "adding" to the review might be because your review is already very long. I think the limit is about 600 words or something like that, so you could try changing some bits to free more space. We do it like this in order to keep reviews readable as people tend to ignore long ones.
    Mark 'Winter' Jackson

PM
    Send Message

Hi Mark Fast.co.uk Rep

I have just seen the link on page 1 here for dslzoneuk.net/isp_ratings and would like to add my 10's rating to that site but cant find how to do it - is it out of date/closed ?

Will registering with my user name and loging in open what ever method is used if the site is still active - I couldnt find a date/timeline of when Fast.co.uk topped the poll - the link was on a comment in 2007 so dont know if site is still active or not today.

If it is still live I would like to add my 10 penths - but dont like to Register on sites unless I know it is still safe and not dead - ever cautious but it has kept me safe, because I am as my username implys a silver surfer.

Thanks

PM
    Send Message

That site is nothing to do with us and doesn't look to have been updated for awhile so I'm unable to help. Sorry.
    Mark 'Winter' Jackson

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast