Sponsored Links

Sky Broadband - A Workers View

I read on another Forum that the original poster has been located by Sky Management and removed from the premises.

Not sure if it is true or not.

interesting.

just looking back to what MSW had to say about UkOnline's less than perfect systems. I am with them, and I have just had my line downgraded to 1mb, well was supposed to be. but it's gone down to 576k. I'll give them a ring in the week.

Good luck! Maybe you should ask if MSW is available as he seems very helpful, I do hope he has not been sacked.

hey, we've been shoved back and forward for the past 2 months, and i'm typing from a sky line (gasp!) at the moment...

heres some problems we've had:
  • we were expecting to be connected at the end of september. we were connected at the start of this week
  • we are STILL waiting for tier 3 to call back. do they exist?
  • im expecting 11mb/s but am getting 3 to 4 mb/s
  • the service is intermittent
any ideas?

also, i take offence to some of your comments

i'm an AS level computing student :laugh:

joking

Sponsored Links
So it's not just the customers who have a problem with sky broadband but the work force too! I was wondering why noone would ever tell me their full name, or let me talk to a supervisor.....

Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones.

I get 15.3mb and only had a couple of days when I lost connection for a couple of hours. I was told they had made a few changes to the network but no further details. Been consistently online now for over 2 months.

heres some problems we've had:
  • we were expecting to be connected at the end of september. we were connected at the start of this week
  • we are STILL waiting for tier 3 to call back. do they exist?
  • im expecting 11mb/s but am getting 3 to 4 mb/s
  • the service is intermittent

Tier 3 do exist,

as to the connection speed, sky service is upto a certain speed... so if you see an advert for 16mb, it doesn't mean you will get 16mb, depends how far you are away from your exchange, also depends on your cables etc etc..

My advice is to phone up sky again, when you get to tier 3, ask them to do a line test to see if your line is running 100%, you can also find out how far from the exchange you are.

As to Madskyworker...

chordiant does the job... no pretty GUI interface is used with putty is it? that also gets the job done :eek:

if you want pretty, go to MOJO lol

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules