Sponsored Links

Which network does Virgin (mobile) use?

Does anyone know which network Virgin mobile uses?

I know it used to be T-Mobile/One2One - is this still the case?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I've just signed up with them. I know historically T-Mobile werent as good as the others in terms of coverage, but I think they are much better now.

Plus, the contract and phone I can get with Virgin is much better than anywhere else.

I was tempted by their "free" broadband sim only contract, trouble is 6 Gigabyte per month is no longer enough for us :laugh:

OK, so my Virgin phone is being returned - no coverage in my house.

Does anyone know of any MVNO on networks other than T-Mobile?

Alternatively, of anywhere I can get a cheap contract (sub £20)?

MVNO?
For a cheap PAYGO there's Tesco on O2 network http://www.tesco.com/mobilenetwork/shop/?page=tariffinfo

Not sure what the point of their Standard package is since introducing "Extra".

You could look at some of the safer cashback mobile sellers such as carphonewarehouse and E2save (owned by Carphonewarehouse) as long as you remember to claim on time. And preferably stick to contracts that are in your price range in case you have any trouble claiming.

E.G

http://www.e2save.com/mobile/phones...UE&PHPSESSID=13b3c9908ebfe0a01bb90bde772f6228

You could also check this site. www.reestitmutton.co.uk

Also check www.quidco.com to see if the retailer has a quidco referal offer as well.

I believe www.moneysavingexpert.com have a survey of how reliable each mobile seller is at paying out the cashback.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
tesco best

I was wiv Orange Contract for years, then switched to tesco (who use o2's network) and never looked back. Orange Customer service is rubbish, constantly messed up my bills! However, Customer service at tesco is excellent very help friendly staff (they are all manned by o2 staff). Virgin uses Tmobile, but Ive heard on the grapevine that they are re-negotiating their deal with them (because of the coverage and pricing). Other MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operators) are BT Mobile (who use vodafone) Carphones talktalk (and the other CPW MVNOs) use Tmobile. Best option IMO is Tesco, or contract on o2. The 3 network use their own 3G services on their network, but when no coverage it uses o2 (and soon it will be Orange instead).

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5468)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2523)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2233)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules