( Register Here | Lost Password ) Search Today's Posts FAQ
    kozmikoid Guest

Post VERY DISAPPOINTED - TOTAL GARBAGE.

Ok, I have recently moved to 4TheNET after having been with Tiscali/LineOne on their off-peak service. We had to move from this service because we upgraded the BT phone service to include free local calls. Tiscali didn't link up with our new BT service. Anyway, after some deliberation I decided to go for a full 24/7 service with a good price, Tiscali's is 15 and 4TheNet's is 13 for a 'similar' service.

Anyway, tonight I have tried to connnect to this GARBAGE 8 times before giving up. I then had to connect using my old Tiscali account and guess what - it connected 1st time.

I often have to go through the process of 1 or 2 failed connection attempts before connecting but this is a JOKE. It makes the 13 a month deal work out at more like 20+.

And before anyone out there tells me there must be something wrong at my end, remember, both with Tiscali and Screaming Net/World Online before them, I NEVER had this much trouble connecting.

I will end my contract with this GARBAGE provider after the 3 month period and steer others away on forums like this. It would be a crime to sit back and allow others to be lured into signing up with this CRAP.

PM
    Send Message

i dont hear one mention of any person on this forum say that the 13 ppm deal is good? Me and mmmedia are on the 20ppm deal which: connects 1st time, 24/7 access.... so dont go saying that it is total crap when u signed up for a service non of us recomended!

kozmikoid Guest

'so dont go saying that it is total crap when u signed up for a service non of us recomended!'(sic)

Mmmmm, given that I don't recall saying that anybody on this forum recommended the service I am on, I will say what I like, when I like. OK.

I was merely comparing the level of service I am on with that which I have experienced with other service providers. I stated clearly that I am on the 13 (12.99) a month service which is similar to that which I was on with Tiscali before my changeover.

I can find no mention of having to suffer poor connections on 4TheNets website. In fact they misrepresent their 12.99 service, quote:-

'For 12.99 a month (including VAT) you get un-metered access to the Internet, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, NO Call Charges. This service is for domestic use, there is a two hour cut-off, after this YOU MAY CONNECT IMMEDIATELY (my capitals).'

Mmmmm, did you read that last part? Of course there are certain caveats which are listed later on into the sign-up (on a different page) after they have misrepresented the service. I suppose that's to be expected these days. But still, I think 8 times to connect is not good enough esp. in addition to the problems connecting at other times.

If you are on a different service with 4The Net and get great results then fine. I just believe that the connection problems with the 4TheNet service I am on are enough to warrant looking elsewhere.

Thank you.

[-:

[ 12-03-2002: Message edited by: kozmikoid ]</p>

PM
    Send Message

Agree with Easynow on this..

Never had a problem with the 20 pm account...

Telephone support is a bit dodgy at time, but this is handled by VIP so can't be blamed on 4thenet.

Also, we moved house this week, and they updated our details IMMEDIATELY over the phone when we phoned today (even though we have changed our phone Nos).

We have found this to be (probably) the best Dial--Up ISP around...

So good, in fact, that when our broadband cable connection arrives Friday, we're keeping the 4thenet account!!!!!
    --------------------------------------

<a href="http://www.alien-hosting.net" target="_blank">
    Affordable, Reliable UK web hosting. Various packages (including E-Commerce), FREE co.uk domain name. From 30 per year.

Pay NOTHING for 14 days..............

Visit... Alien Hosting for details.</a>

The comments about 'Total Garbage' are not true, but then of course we would say that. Our 12.99 package is a domestic use tarrif and is of course has a higher contention ratio than our business tarrifs, but is currently working well within its design spec.

We do find that the ability to connect first time is location dependent, we have home users in various location who's access we provide free of charge to help us monitor performance, some never experience problems others have to redial several time to connect at peak times.

The fact that our 'churn rate' is very low indicates that the majority of users are happy with the service.

4theNET Internet

Angry 4thenet more like 4thebin

Warning - whatever happens do not use this company. The customer service is terrible the worst i have ever seen. They have a message saying they are open from 9am and when you ring at 9.30am and 10.00am they dont answer the phone. The staff have a terrible attitude. My service kept getting disconnected , just try and get hold of them. Guys its worth the extra money to go with a proper company. If you dont want to be stressed out have intermittent internet, get an attitude when you ring to tell them youve got no internet or get frustrated when you ring during office hours and no one answers the phone then definitely do no use this company.

We are nowing moving to a new company called chess telecom. Amazing when you ring them a human being answers the phone and there is no automated garbage.

Smile

The 4theNET Anytime Dialup was managed for us by Breathe Internet, due to the level of service and lack of support we have asked them to remove our branding from this service.

We do manage our own Broadband service and have a very high level of customer satisfaction.

PM
    Send Message

Quote Originally Posted by 4theNET View Post
    The 4theNET Anytime Dialup was managed for us by Breathe Internet, due to the level of service and lack of support we have asked them to remove our branding from this service.

We do manage our own Broadband service and have a very high level of customer satisfaction.

Not sure why you opened an old thread started in 2002 but you have, while doing this I notice you haven't follwed our forum rules. Could you please email Mark.J to have the membership verified as an ISP reps accounts using the contact us abovr.
    Kits
    My present ISP Aquiss.

AJ's Mens Health - Survival of the fittest (Manchester)/ Please help raise money for Children's Heart Federation.
    Charity Registration No. 1120557

Couldn't agree more!
    Exactly my experience... people need to know how dreadful this company is and avoid!
    The quicker the word spreads the better!

PM
    Send Message

5 and a half year old thread, must be getting close to the record of reviving the dead! lol
    member of the Royal Society for the Protection of Slefs
    Suffolk & What