( Register Here | Lost Password ) Search Today's Posts FAQ
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    PM
    Send Message

Angry I need a solution to get out of Fast4

Oh man! I need to rant and rave like a 'nana.

I am tired, exhausted even, of having to fight a battle with Fast4.

It is literally every single damn month that I have a problem with them.

If it isn't not being able to get a connection, it's being charged thrice. If it isn't being debited from the right bank a/c, it's realising they have changed their T&C's against my favour etc etc.

A few months back when they did the latter and put certain people on a cap, I was one of those and I was told that the amount I downloaded wasn't the problem - it was the frequency. So they agreed to remove the cap if I agreed that I would curtail the time period I was downloading per day as opposed to the actual amount. I did such.

I downloaded a bit more (a tiny tiny tiny bit more) this week and all of a sudden I am capped again.

I am just simply fed up of persistently having to fight for what I have paid for.

Enough is enough though. This is the straw that broke the camel's back.

Could someone please advise me on the correct and legal way of taking this matter further as this is just simply unacceptable.

PM
    Send Message

ofcom, trading standards, citizens advice are the only things l can think of...

now while most will tell you to send a letter and get deadlock letters to take it to cias (or whatever it is) what l believe would be the legal way to play is the fact they have been changing the T&Cs without informing users, not only that legally they are inclined to allow users to agree with them or leave without charge... lm sure Fast4 would argue the toss about whatever you tried to throw at them so l believe T&Cs would be the best point of complaint only after you have verified the legalities there would l bring their abysmal service into question... Ofcom dont deal with single complaints and tend not to give a rats until they get to a certain complaint level (whos so say tho that they are not bothered because who are we to know how many calls they have had about Fast4) so like l said T&Cs should be the main issue here l dont think anything will be done unless you find a point a solicitor will listen to...
    Currently with:

Past ISPs:
    Aquiss
    AOL
    Centeral Point (Dead)
    EurISP [Dead, now called Aspire Internet.. Dead]
    Fast24 (Dead)
    Three
    Virgin [ADSL]

PM
    Send Message

Quote Originally Posted by timeless View Post
    so like l said T&Cs should be the main issue here
    Hi and thanks for the reply.

Would that be to be taken up with Fast 4? A written complaint to themselves? Or are you saying this point should be risen with a particular body?

Maybe an actual damn petition should be done. A written one.

PM
    Send Message

well l dont think you will get anything out of Fast4, its been mentioned before and no matter how you throw it the issue either gets overlooked or they try to argue that regardless of the changes, personally ld get some kind of advice from trading standards and citizens advice just to verify laws then take it to a solicitor... the reason l say the first two is it costs nothing to find out about the laws with regards to the T&Cs when you know that you are on legal high ground you can then take it further while adding other issues which will help the case and other users, hell you could take Fast4 on as a group if other users wish to take things further.. sometimes taking things on as a group can get more done..
    Currently with:

Past ISPs:
    Aquiss
    AOL
    Centeral Point (Dead)
    Fast24 (Dead)
    Three
    Virgin [ADSL]

PM
    Send Message

sometimes taking things on as a group can get more done..
    It's exhausting thinking about it.

I am so so frustrated. This isn't how things are supposed to be. Why does the person that pays for something almost always gets screwed. It's just not right. It simply isn't.

PM
    Send Message

most companies call that business... sadly not everyone stands up for themselves so they usually get away with it.
    Currently with:

Past ISPs:
    Aquiss
    AOL
    Centeral Point (Dead)
    Fast24 (Dead)
    Three
    Virgin [ADSL]

PM
    Send Message

I'd say it would be difficult taking them on as a group as there can't be that many left on the old Eurisp set up, they have either reluctantly paid the exit fees to escape or put up with it until their 12 months is up & either left or been migrated onto their new provider.

PM
    Send Message

cant see why not, most paid the exit fee just because they wanted to get away not because they wanted to... it still wont change that the T&Cs changed and that users had to pay to get out if they wanted to or not.
    Currently with:

Past ISPs:
    Aquiss
    AOL
    Centeral Point (Dead)
    Fast24 (Dead)
    Three
    Virgin [ADSL]

PM
    Send Message

cant see why not, most paid the exit fee just because they wanted to get away not because they wanted to... it still wont change that the T&Cs changed and that users had to pay to get out if they wanted to or not.
    Very true but seeing as it took a lot of group complaints a good few months to get them to withdraw their misleading banner ads only to be replaced with an alternative work of fiction.
    If the likes of Ofcom etc. had any true substance then Farce4 would be out of business by now.

PM
    Send Message

true, but in order to get something done one needs to keep on pushing and take all the help they can get...

another idea would be to email the gadget show, would be interesting if enough users emailed to get them to retract the claims made by them last time and show them on national TV for the lieing bunch they are.
    Currently with:

Past ISPs:
    Aquiss
    AOL
    Centeral Point (Dead)
    Fast24 (Dead)
    Three
    Virgin [ADSL]

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast