( Register Here | Lost Password ) Search Today's Posts FAQ
    PM
    Send Message

Default speeds ping and port throttling

as they are making huge changes to their bb packages i will probably be moving away from fast4 and i am interested in freeola although i have a few concerns

although freeolas web site advertises 'no port throttling' people seem to think that there is some sort of traffic shaping by them or entanet
    i am not a big p2p user but when i do use it (mainly bit torrent) i need it to run at high speed, so is it throttled or not

also how is the ping for online gaming, especially after 10pm as this is when i believe it goes off peak and all the downloaders start which can cause congestion and increase the pings

thanks in advance for any help or advice you can give
    Last edited by Kits; 12-02-2008 at 12:23 PM. Reason: edited to add 4 on fast as there is an ISP called fast that has nothing to do with fast4,

PM
    Send Message

I'm not sure Freeola is an Entanet reseller, their packages don't appear to match the outline of those offered by other Enta vISP's but then it could be a different supply deal as Enta don't just do resellers. I've heard next to nothing about this ISP over the years, their packages look good but they don't really advertise themselves that well.
    Mark 'Winter' Jackson
    Editor-in-Chief - ISPreview.co.uk

PM
    Send Message

thanks, they do really seem to keep themselves to themselves

PM
    Send Message

thought i would just add that they are an entanet reseller and so far no problems