( Register Here | Lost Password ) Search Today's Posts FAQ
    PM
    Send Message

Default whats these like

looking to possible move to another isp just wondering if these are worth a try ?

PM
    Send Message

I personally wouldn't pick them, I know the service would be reasonable because they're Entanet based but they put so little effort into their website that it gives the impression of not caring about their image. If you want an Entanet vISP then ADSL24 would probably be a better bet.

Fast.co.uk, Zen, IDNet, AAISP, O2, Be Broadband, Sky Broadband and a few others are also pretty good choices. It just depends on what your line can handle in terms of unbundled coverage and whether or not you're happy with a cheaper but longer term contract or a shorter and easy to escape but probably more expensive one.
    Mark 'Winter' Jackson
    Editor-in-Chief - ISPreview.co.uk

Our website has been updated several times since this last post.. Our reviews speak from themselves on truly independent review websites like reviewcentre and one or two on trustpilot

You seem to infer that ISPr isn't truly independent.... but I personally wouldn't recommend looking elsewhere because out each of those sites as combined, you've only had one feedback post in the last 12 months so some could say that they don't really speak for themselves as a lot can change in that time, especially in this industry.

What would be more interesting is why you're not on here. Mark?

Matt
    uno Communications
    Sales: 0800 905 5700 | Support: 0333 773 7700
    Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Sheffield Speedtest.net Host

PM
    Send Message

Trustpilot, werent they in trouble a year or two back for some dodgy reviews??

Taking SIX YEARS to defend yourselves doesnt really speak highly of customer service.
    Captain Cretin
    After 10 years of chronic fatigue, I NOW find out it is caused by tomatoes!
    Ian married "Jasmin" LiHong on 19/8/11. Heidi Born 21/1/13

Quote Originally Posted by uno View Post
    You seem to infer that ISPr isn't truly independent.... but I personally wouldn't recommend looking elsewhere because out each of those sites as combined, you've only had one feedback post in the last 12 months so some could say that they don't really speak for themselves as a lot can change in that time, especially in this industry.

What would be more interesting is why you're not on here. Mark?

Matt
    We are not on ISpreview because we asked Mark to remove us. We were in the top ten for some time back in maybe 2007/ 2009 ,as a guess. Then we received a series of really bad reviews with very low scores. Due to the size of our customer base at the time, between 500 & 1000, we could usually identify who had left any review good or bad. But these reviews had no relevance to any complaint we were aware of plus there were several all in relatively close succession which made us very suspicious. We asked for the reviews to be investigated and removed where appropiate but this was refused. At the same time one company new to Ispreview were getting a series of 10/10 scores in very very close succession. Maybe it us not asking our customers,but from our expereince not that many of our customer bother to leave reviews, normally it is only the ones that are really really happy, having come from a bad experience with their previous ISP or those that are reallly unhappy and thankfully we don't really get any of those. So at that time we lost faith in the reviewing system. Some sites that offer reviews ( clearly not ISpreview) do so for the commission they recieve when the site visitor selects a link from the review site and signs up with that IPS . These sites only have large ISP's listed.

We have subesquently asked Mark twice to put us back on Ispreview, starting from scratch in terms of reviews, but we have never received a response.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Cretin View Post
    Trustpilot, werent they in trouble a year or two back for some dodgy reviews??

Taking SIX YEARS to defend yourselves doesnt really speak highly of customer service.
    To be honest following the above, we didn't realise that threads related to Naims were still on Ispreview. We do visit the site at least once a week and sometimes tweet articles from the site, but we didn't think to look at the Forums. We will keep an eye on them from now on.

Regards

Naims customer service

PM
    Send Message

I seem to recall has Mark caught an ISP gaming the review system once or twice; perhaps you were a victim of that; but sadly, 5*/1* review abuse is becoming more common on many review sites, people paying 3rd parties to have their products given 5* reviews, and any rivals 1* reviews; even BLACKMAIL (give me money or I will post 1* reviews).
    Captain Cretin
    After 10 years of chronic fatigue, I NOW find out it is caused by tomatoes!
    Ian married "Jasmin" LiHong on 19/8/11. Heidi Born 21/1/13

PM
    Send Message

I can't recall so many years back in detail, but we did have to remove both some negative Naims reviews and also a fair few positive ones as they had not been made by Naims customers (so far as we could feasibly identify).

On top of that Naims, along with some other vISPs, fell by the wayside of our stricter listing criteria due to having a PO Box postal address, unprofessional website and maybe one or two other issues that I can’t recall.

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/submit.shtml

I think Phil also requested removal too, but it's too long ago now to be sure of exact details. But frankly, if we have to remove or lose trust in a provider then we don't add them back.
    Mark 'Winter' Jackson
    Editor-in-Chief - ISPreview.co.uk