( Register Here | Lost Password ) Search Today's Posts FAQ
    PM
    Send Message

Default How does Migration happen

I am migrating for fast4 (non LLU) to UK Online (LLU) there does not seem to be an order progress page or anything. Will they email when they have a switch date of do I just have to wait for it to stop working with fast4 and try and get it working with UK Online?

Cheers Chris

PM
    Send Message

I'm not sure of the specific practices involved with UKO's side but I do know that Fast4's new 24Mbps murphx platform is also an unbundled one. This can sometimes mean that to migration away may require your line to be ceased and then reactivated by UKO, potentially incurring an additional cost and several days of downtime.

I would suggest telephoning UK Online to clarify.
    Mark 'Winter' Jackson
    Editor-in-Chief - ISPreview.co.uk

PM
    Send Message

I am not on the 24MB service just the old fast4 upto 8MB I am not unbundled

PM
    Send Message

Well I need not have worried. I emailed them to ask when the switch was gonna happen. They told me it happened everything works!

I now synch at 16Mbit Down / 1 Mbit Up speedtest gives me 12Mbit down 750Mbit Up

Anyone know if there are any plans to increase to 24Mbit?

PM
    Send Message

They seem to have a MAC generator which can pump you out a code instantly. I was told my code during the phone call. You can use it straight away, but you must keep your current broadband service active until that MAC has been used and the service from your new provider has started. After that you can then cancel with your old service, and I think it's customary to charge you pro rata. So any days you haven't used are refunded since your last bill.
    The best ISP's are those that need say nothing...