( Register Here | Lost Password ) Search Today's Posts FAQ

Thread: Full?

PM
    Send Message

Default Full?

Just a quick note, before signing up to Xilo, I gave UK online a quick ring to see what they were like.

I asked I I could sign up and I was told...

"At the moment, We are not accepting any new customers. It may be worth trying a different ISP. Thanks"

Just a word of warning, But they appear to be full.
    Broadband Suppliers
    Zoom (Dial-up) (1997-2002) > AOL (2003-2010) > Uno (2010 - )

Android Phones
    T-Mobile G1 (Development version) > Google

I mis-read that.. and thought that we were full

I don't think UKO have been accepting customers for many months now.

Matt
    uno Broadband
    t: 0808 221 8642
    Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Manchester Speedtest.net Host

Quote Originally Posted by unobroadband View Post
    Admit it, you are. I knew you had a secret Matt
    Martin Pitt
    Company Founder

Aquiss Limited
    ADSL2+ and FTTC (Fibre) Broadband, Hosting and Security
    http://www.aquiss.net/broadband.php

PM
    Send Message

Quote Originally Posted by unobroadband View Post

I don't think UKO have been accepting customers for many months now.

Matt
    I mis-read it too after I posted it, But I never got round to changing it. Ahh, Tricks of the mind and all that voodoo stuff, Sorry, I've just finished playing Monkey Island, Atleast I'm not coming out with any monkey jokes.

If UKO know that they aren't accepting any new customers, Then why advertise it

(Btw, I am probably the most excited person ever at the moment. I'm literally checking the time 'till I move to Xilo)

Edit : That's a point, Why isn't there a Xilo/Uno sub-forum ?
    Broadband Suppliers
    Zoom (Dial-up) (1997-2002) > AOL (2003-2010) > Uno (2010 - )

Android Phones
    T-Mobile G1 (Development version) > Google

We'll request one soon once we get all the brand for the broadband changed over. Less confusion is best

Matt
    uno Broadband
    t: 0808 221 8642
    Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Manchester Speedtest.net Host

PM
    Send Message

UKOnline's future has been in doubt for awhile, though I don't quite know why they're taking so long to make a decision about it. The problem stems from how BSkyB now owns Easynet and thus UKOnline, which effectively puts the ISP into competition with Sky Broadband.

Naturally BSkyB would prefer that not to be the case and sometime ago last year took the decision to halt new signups while they mulled over what to do. It's been that way ever since. It is not, as they have claimed in the past, a technical problem with the order system.

However existing customers should be under no threat, they’ve just “pulled a Bulldog Broadband” by leaving the service/website in place while effectively closing it to new users.
    Mark 'Winter' Jackson
    Editor-in-Chief - ISPreview.co.uk

PM
    Send Message

It's been a long time since I posted here.

I'm a UKOnline customer and I've just started my move to Be.

Speeds have been getting extremely slow. I'm getting significant drops and loss of connection when downloading and even open 100 at once. After reading this thread, I think they might be trying to get rid of their customers.

When I called up, you're usually met with a retention department that ask you why you want to leave and try to persuade you to stay or check your line for faults. Instead I was given my MAC straight away with no hassles and signed up to Be on the same day. In fact they sounded like they were happy with me moving. UKOnline has fantastic support I must mention but I don't think they'll be around for much longer. Their network has become congested with all those Sky Subscribers and the service can slow to a crawl in evenings. Plus there is little to no investment in the products or prices, which have remained unchanged for over 18 months at least.

Here's hoping Be are better.
    The best ISP's are those that need say nothing...

PM
    Send Message

Sky & ukonline are may share most of the same network infrastructure, but that is where the similarity stops, as sky has only a mass market home user customer base, where as the ukonline service is predominantly business users,with some home users to, but the contention ratio is defined at 20:1 they provide direct access to tech support &cs via freephone number also quite possible have network priority over sky customers too, but no slow downs on the easynet LLU as for the btw based ip stream product that is basically as bad as sky connect
    they provide SRA and fast path and sub 5db(default) snrm levels (on customer request) ukonline customers also can benefit from higher sync speeds as they uncap the connections upto 22mb and 1.2mb up no dlm and we can use are own router's there are so many other differences too including the pricing, and no doubt there would be legal issues which would prevent sky assimilating us to sky, but easynet management who sky sold may well either keep us uko customer base as it currently is as sky would not want to provide the defined sla's we have