( Register Here | Lost Password ) Search Today's Posts FAQ
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ip searches

PM
    Send Message

Hi i'm sure people don't think they cannot be traced if they are the wrong side of the law or anyone for that matter, as the arm of the law reaches very far, as i presume they have stepped up their resources and technologies after the terrorist plots etc
    yes if some crime were committed or investigation needed, i am sure they could trace...however, for a simple matter of you or i finding an ip address? This quite mundane thing it seems....is impossible......a bridge to far.....all i wanted was a town or city.....not a house number.

PM
    Send Message

They can get it quite accurate, but not completely accurate. The RIAA (Recording Industry Association of America) trials are an interesting example of how effective IP addresses can be tracked. A lot of people that were up for thousands of dollars in damages managed to avoid being successfully sued because their IP address wasn't specific enough to them.

I have a feeling that things will get even more difficult from a tracking perspective when IPv6 becomes standard. We're supposedly running out of IP addresses as is, so it's not as if there isn't a lot of clutter for people to sift through.
    [SPAM URLS REMOVED - Do not re-add]

smallfish Guest

(Edited) spam removed.
    Last edited by Kits; 21-03-2011 at 09:05 AM.

PM
    Send Message

You cannot get exact location of an IP address. But you can get maximum accurate location from certain IP search websites. For example you can have a try with www.ip-details.com Here you can find ip address's,domain name host's whois information including city, country, global latitude & longitude coordinates.

PM
    Send Message

Subnet mask IPCP.I mean that's how most forums detect banned members who 'return' these days

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123