Sponsored Links

Breathe Internet

Code:
[FONT="Arial"]Hi!

First of all: Don't panic! [B]Your e-mail is safe![/B]

You have received this message because you are trying to access your [B]computerweekly.net [/B]e-mail whilst you are not connected to the Internet via a valid [B]computerweekly.net [/B]connection. 

In order to receive your e-mail, you can do one of three things:

[LIST=1]
[*]Connect to the Internet via your [B]computerweekly.net[/B] dial up or subscription (0808/broadband) connection then perform a simple send/receive again. 
[*]Pay for hosting on your [B]computerweekly.net [/B]domain account. 
[*]If you have neither of the above then you will need to signup for our 'mail only' package. This will allow you to collect your [B]computerweekly.net [/B]e-mail from anywhere in the world, regardless of how you access the Internet.
[/LIST]

In order to upgrade to our mail only option please visit My Account at [U]www.breatheinternet.com[/U] and click on Billing at the top right of the website. Log in with your [B]computerweekly.net [/B]username and password and once you have access click on Bolt-Ons in the left panel. My Account also allows you to send us a secure email and update your personal details. Information relating to our account and/or the Service will also be posted here. 

The mail package is charged at £24.95 annually and will give you access to your account via both POP and webmail. However you connect to the Internet, you will be safe in the knowledge you will always have access to your [B]computerweekly.net [/B]email address. 

If you have any further queries please log into My Account and send us an email via the Contact section. Alternatively contact us on 0871 424 0185* where a member of our support team will assist you. 

Kind regards,

Customer Services

[LIST]
[*]Please note calls are charged at National rate and lines are open 9am-5pm Mon-Thurs, 9am-4pm Friday 
[*]Please do not reply to this email as this address is used for sending communications only
[/LIST][/FONT]

E-mail being held to ransom, disgraceful!

The above massage appeared with only a few hours notice and with no option to migrate away.

I guess nothing can be done about it other than this isolated rant.

By the way Breathe Internet, I am panicing and I do not consider being denied access to my e-mail as safe.

I didn't know that ComputerWeekly did emails? Can you offer a bit of background to this. Was there email once free or?

From the sound of it he is trying to use a domain he set up through Breathe but is no longer a Breathe customer, and Breathe arent willing to let him continue FOC.

Sponsored Links
I didn't know that ComputerWeekly did emails? Can you offer a bit of background to this. Was there email once free or?

Yes, this service was orginally offered free of charge by Reed Business Information for subscribers of Computer Weekly and has been operational for at least a decade, or more.

At some stage RBI turned their back on it and it was farmed out to Breathe Networks which wasn't without its problems, as they went bust, only to reappear as Breathe Internet, taking the old clients with them!!!

I am guessing that somewhere in the t&c's, they can discontinue the service at any time, delete e-mails or do whatever they please but this sort of behaviour can't enhance their reputation as an ISP.

Ah!! OK, you have my sympathy.

If you have a text view email program like mailwasher, I would use the dial up option to see what valuable mail there is while switching your email subscriptions etc to a Gmail account

So in other words, Breathe has taken over a freemail service and now said that you can't access your mail without paying? Have I got that right? Did you recieve any warnings about this before?

So in other words, Breathe has taken over a freemail service and now said that you can't access your mail without paying? Have I got that right? Did you recieve any warnings about this before?

You've got that 100% correct.

There were no warnings, in fact the only message received was the one above and within a couple of hours or so, webmail and pop was shut down.

I'm trying to shame Reed Business Information (publishers of Computer Weekly) into sorting this mess out but, so far, they seem disinterested. Ironically, RBI make extensive use of @computerweekly.net addresses for their mail shots, so if they do nothing then they are shooting themselves in the foot.

Sponsored Links
Pook, if I get time I'll try to chase this up for you but I suspect that Breathe will be a dead end as they stopped talking to us years ago :) .

Pook,

No reply from Breathe or CW yet.

Had a couple of other people with @classicfm.net addresses contact me about the same problem. One of those was able to re-gain email access after contacting Breathe's ridiculously expensive support line (60p per minute) whom claimed that the email wasn’t linked to an account, hence being unable to log in as of 1st Oct.

No reply from Breathe or CW yet.
Thank you and I hope you can keep the pressure on them.

I believe this is a much more widespread problem, possibly affecting tens of thousands of users with the following e-mail suffixes:

• @macunlimited.net
  • @whsmithnet.co.uk
  • @fwi.co.uk
  • @farmersweekly.net
  • @quista.net
  • @iclway.co.uk
  • @pgen.net
  • @arsenalfc.net
  • @classicfm.net
  • @ouvip.com
  • @netmatters.co.uk
  • @bluecarrots.com
  • @computerweekly.net

It would be nice to get the same concession as Farmers Weekly and why didn't they automatically extend the same courtesy to all their other inconvenienced users?!

Sponsored Links
Afternoon,

We can provide a weeks grace period for the computerweekly.net users. We will arrange for an email to be sent out to them all tonight and then the users will have a week to sign up to the mail only service. The rules for the bolt on will be enforced a week from today.

Kind regards
Vicky Croucher

I just got this message - we've got a weeks grace.

what about us ex fast4.net users

how can i get a weeks grace?

Well, I tried something really stupid and it worked - I just asked.

VetoBreathe

Sponsored Links
problem there is i cannot log into that area??

for some reason my email + password aren't recognised????

The username for My Account is your full e-mail address (user@domain) and your password will be as usual. If you are not getting the "don't panic" message via webmail or pop server then I suspect Breathe has inflicted some other problem on you.

Web Space on users.computerweekly.net

I have finally, after almost 10 years, managed to access an account on Breath Internet using my old computer weekly username and password. However, it seems to be an email-only account. It does still seem to be free of charge. Its listed as costing 0 (zero) per month. However, the email account is not the problem.

From July 1999 I made use of the 10 MB of free web space (users.computerweekly.net/robmorton) that computer weekly offered to its subscribers at that time. Sometime in 2002 (I think) there was a change in administration of the site. I lost access to my email account and could no longer gain FTP access to my web space using my original username and password. The content of my web space has been frozen in a time-warp ever since. I tried contacting computer weekly but never got any replies.

This old web site is years out of date and is "steeling" search engine listings from my current web site (robmorton.20m.com). Please, please, does anybody know how on earth I can get the old web site deleted?

Please, please, does anybody know how on earth I can get the old web site deleted?
If you can still send/receive using your CW email address, then an email from that to the breathe support address would be the way to go - it might be better to request a webspace/ftp password reset rather than request deletion so you can do it yourself and be sure it's gone. Possibly a bit obvious (though easily missed), if doing it yourself, make it a redirection page rather than just deleting it all!

Thanks, Doc. I managed to get them to delete my old web site that way. If I want FTP access to the web space now, naturally, I must pay. A redirection would have been good because there is a vast number of links out there pointing to it. However, since I already pay for a site with an excellent ISP I don't really feel like paying for one with Breath. Thanks again.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules