( Register Here | Lost Password ) Search Today's Posts FAQ
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I wonder if a complaint alleging copyright infringement might get TalkTalk to pull the site?

PM
    Send Message

Angry Tiscali Webspace removal

Hi everyone,
    I am also having a major headache trying to get Tiscali to remove my old webspace.
    My website I uploaded via ftp years ago is no very out of date and needs removing.

I have phoned them = no luck
    Emailed the help desk = no luck

My webspace has bee inactive for over 6 months but my webspace hasnt been removed automatically as I understood it would!

I am still able to access my Tiscali emails but not my webspace.

Tiscali just dont seem to understand - I just want to get rid of the old website thats on there.

PLEASE HELP!!

PM
    Send Message

Other than richard above, are the other two whom were still affected by this getting anywhere? If not then I might be able to raise it at a more senior level but only if there's at least three ex-customers with the same issue willing to support that.
    Mark 'Winter' Jackson
    Editor-in-Chief - ISPreview.co.uk

PM
    Send Message

As another one of the customers forcibly moved from Tiscali to TalkTalk by the buyout, I'm having a similar problem - my website on http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk is still visible and (almost) uneditable - I very ocasionally manage to get into ftp://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/myfolder like last night for a partial update, but I've no idea how as most other times it says the server is there but won't allow the log in.

To make it worse, having set up some TalkTalk webspace and uploaded the site, but every time I try to view the site it keeps deleting my index.html file and just showing the holding page! (and no, this isn't a cache issue).
    I've currently managed to upload my index.html file *again* via FTP, and it's showing in the folder with an FTP view in Firefox. I'll give it 24 hours to see if it sticks.

Any help gratefully received - I'm happy to keep the Tiscali site as long as the server is there, active and accessible.

Best,
    Ivor B.

PM
    Send Message

Hmm so you want to keep the site rather than the others, who just want it deleted?

In that case have you tried seeing what happens when you follow TalkTalk's own advice for setting up their new webspace?

http://help.talktalk.co.uk/app/answe...my-webspace%3F

http://help.talktalk.co.uk/app/answe...-your-webspace
    Mark 'Winter' Jackson

PM
    Send Message

hi All,

If any customers have qeuries relating to deletion fo webspace please tweet us @TalkTalkCare and we can look into individual circumstances in more depth.

Regards

Mark
    TalkTalk Online Community Department
    TALKTALK_SUPPORT
    Online Community , TalkTalk
    "The information contained within these posts is provided by TalkTalk"

Default Webspace removal

I have not been able to access webspace myweb.tiscali.co.uk/username for well over a year and yet it has not been deleted.
    How can I remove it.
    Malcolm McLean

PM
    Send Message

I guess try getting an account on Twitter and tweeting @TalkTalkCare .

Not sure why people need to use Twitter to get support but hay ho..
    Mark 'Winter' Jackson

PM
    Send Message

Quote Originally Posted by TALKTALKSUPPORT View Post
    hi All,

If any customers have qeuries relating to deletion fo webspace please tweet us @TalkTalkCare and we can look into individual circumstances in more depth.

Regards

Mark
    TalkTalk Online Community Department
    Why on earth do people have to register on a social network site to get something sorted by an ISP? Surely an email or phonecall is a more professional route. That is what customer services departments are supposed to be for. Mind you, my experiences with TalkTalk on behalf of my sister leads me to believe that TalkTalk have a customer services department in name only!

PM
    Send Message

Hi all, I have the same problem - trying to delete an old Lineone Website ! I have PM'd TALKTALKSUPPORT and send a message to @TalkTalkCare via Twitter, so we'll see what happens !

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast