Sponsored Links

No Talk Talk Respone to deletion on my Lineone-Tiscali Webspace

My service provider was lineone.net. Having been taken over by Tiscali, my webspace address remained as a lineone.net address.

I left Tiscali 6 months ago, 07/2010. It did not allow me to enter the servers to delete my lineone.net site contents when I cancelled the Tiscali account. It did not accept any of my usernames and passwords. I assumed on cancellation, the webspace would then be deleted. At the end of last year I found that I could still see the website at that address.

I have spent the last 4-6 weeks trying to get Talk Talk to remove the site from their servers.

After numerous emails, and phone calls to their support, in India?, no one knows what to do. One Talk Talk website support help question did get a response. It said that engineers would delete it. The next day I had a phone call from one of the support staff in India asking basic questions like ‘what is your web site address’, Then, we are not able to go into the server and delete sites. You have to ftp access it. Then, If it is not used, it will automatically get deleted. I have not used the site for 8 months!

Can anyone advise me on how to get talk talk to remove the webspace contents?

mdlf

That just removes it from Google's index, which is a benefit, but it doesn't actually remove the website itself. I've not heard of anybody complaining about this kind of problem before, although ultimately it's down to the ISP.

One problem is that, legally, ISPs can only keep certain personal details on file for so long and have to be especially cautious with requests for web-content to be removed as they could always be malicious. It might be that the ISP is unable to identify you as the owner of said content and this could cause problems.

Sadly I'm not sure what else to suggest, but you should ask to lodge a formal complaint with TalkTalk.

Sponsored Links
That just removes it from Google's index, which is a benefit, but it doesn't actually remove the website itself.

Yes, I fully agree with Mark.
I thought "mdlf" just wanted it removed from the search engine.
If that`s removed from Google, why worry if the files are still with TT.
It`s their space they are taking up

I was with Tiscali and used their webspace for my website. I have been through EXACTLY that same problem and process as mdlf. Have asked TalkTalk to delete website 4 times which every time they said they would do in 24/48 hours. The last attempt was 4 days ago. It is still there. They seem incapable of deleting it. Should we be concerned that they seem to have no control over what is on their own servers?

Hi mdlf,

if you would like to PM me with the URL and your Telephone number that it was associated with I should be able to have this removed for you.

Cheers

Ady

Sponsored Links
spam reported

Update?

Hiya,

Did this get sorted for you? I am currently in the exact same position and no one at Talk Talk when I can them seems to understand what I want. I just need my old webspace deleted from their servers and the guy at customer services suggested I find a web designer to help me? What the? I don't need to design a website, I need Talk Talk to delete the information from their servers.

I'd love an update to see if this is possible as I am currently pulling my hair out.

Thanks
T

Hi T,

I have replied to your PM.

Ady

tearing my hair out

Is this thread still open? I am having exactly the same problems as mdlf. I have been with Lineone since it's early days and suffered through Tiscali which was not too traumatic but am now in a nightmare with TalkTalk. With Lineone I was one of the early dial-up customers. With the successive takeovers of the ISP I have always been assured that I would not experience any changes to my account, which I upgraded to Broadband as soon as it was available. Just under a year ago my old Lineone webspace refused to allow me ftp access. I have called TalkTalk, raised incidents/tickets which take months to respond to and have received no help at all. Replies have included "we no longer support email only customers but your email may continue to work" (what on earth does this mean), and "the webspace no longer exists" - of course it does, it is still on line. Someone at TalkTalk the other day suggested it was now on a server in Italy or Switzerland that TalkTalk was not supporting. He even suggested that I should ring Lineone. Is there really disk space that no one is maintaining out there?

Ideally I would like my webspace, small as it is to continue to be accessible by me. If that is out of the question I would like to have it removed completely. Can anyone sensibly help?

Sponsored Links
Hi Twodogs,

send me a PM with your webspace address, telephone and account numbers and your full name and address and I will log this to the relevant team for you, I would suggest though that this will probably only help in closing the site down. We haven't been successful in regaining access for people.

Ady

Hello Ady
Please can you help me as well I have sent a pm to you but need to delete my web site as well
Regards
Clive

Hi TwoDogs,

I am looking into your issue now and Clive101 I have replied to your PM.

Ady

Hello Ady
I big thank you for the hellp in removing the website, please can you forward a VERY big thank you to the team.
Kind regards Clive

Sponsored Links
Hi TalkTalkSupport - I have exactly the same problem.

I had webspace with Tiscali over 4 years ago, and want the webspace removing.

No matter what I try, I can no longer get access via FTP to remove the files myself, and have tried removing the site by logging in to TalkTalk itself.

I have PMed TalkTalkSupport with my details

Thanks

Talk Talk

You will not be able to accress your webspace, instead contact Ady earlier in the post he solved the problem for me.
Let me know how you get on
Regards Clive

Hi Clive, I've sent a PM to Ady, but he has not responded yet! Tearing my hair out trying to get this webspace deleted, have just wasted 20 mins on the phone to Talk Talk, they are worse than USELESS!!!

I've had exactly this issue in not being able to get anyone to take mine down. Reported several times over phone, over mail, over their support system. It apparently even went to ceo office but absolutely nothing has happened and ever avenue just goes dark. I've never had such a head against a wall experience, it really isn't good.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5468)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2523)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2233)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules