Sponsored Links

Finally with Zen :D + PingTest + Speedtest

Activation date : Today

Activated: 9am

Ping:

Speedtest:

Cannot fault the services they have provided me , hasn't dropped since its been on , im getting 4mbs over my original line speed , its stable and my ping is around 28 in all British servers when gaming.

I thought it would be helpful posting the speedtest results for other members/gamers so they could see the results , i found it a nightmare trying to find a ZEN speedtest result , well there it is.

Location Ping from - Milton keynes.

Ill review properly once ive had a months worth :D <-- sounds like a drug..

Remember that they might need a week or two to train the line, so try to leave your router plugged in and switched on for that period. Expect some potential stability issues as the line is tested for best performance.

What i want to know is how the hell is this so stable , ive had 2 disconnections and that was on day 2 , both in 30 minutes of each other , for about 30 seconds , since then not a single disconnection or instability , my ping is consistent and my line speeds almost 7mbs.

What i want to know is why is it stable at the 6.7megs with zen and when another ISP goes to give me over 3megs the net crashes and dies every 5 minutes.

Seriously this has got my jumping off the roofs , but the ironic thing is , Im moving house in 2 weeks from Milton Keynes to Leeds lol so i finally get stable net , and my girlfriend says where moving :D

Sponsored Links
You pay for quality I guess :) .

Question for you mark , I recently had a outage again , my DLINK router never flashed off via the DSL light i eventually had to reboot via the main phone line and router and do a reboot , got back online just now , but i have a theory as to why in game performance has suddenly taken a turn for the worst.

Virgin still have my line <---- , Could there crappy throttling still be going on , and could there line services , even though all ISP rent from BT , be affecting this?

Zen have yet to take over the line , i know ZEN also rent from BT , but they dont mess around with the line like virgin.

Does it sound like the virgin line is causing the instability?

Probably not, assuming your broadband is with Zen and your phone rental still with Virgin.

If the DSL light is still on and green when something like that happens then try logging into your router over the network and see if that works. From there you can check the live connection status and stats. If all is still ok then it could be something silly like a software issue with Windows networking bug, in which case a computer reboot might fix it.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5468)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2523)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2233)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules