( Register Here | Lost Password ) Search Today's Posts FAQ
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Good spot. They're an Italian company from looking at the site.. but if they provide telecoms solutions in the UK, they still have to abide by Telecommunications Act.

Matt
    uno Broadband
    t: 0808 221 8642
    Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Manchester Speedtest.net Host

Quote Originally Posted by keibab View Post
    Just bought a system from Tooway Direct. I was told that I would have unmetered use at night, which they confirmed in an email.
    Could you copy and paste that email on here, would make interesting reading.

PM
    Send Message

Default Just agreed to what seems to be a solution that works for both parties

UPDATE

After making an equiry via SAFEBUY of which Tarium is a member ( the other two companies appear not no have signed up) They started a line of communication between myself and their M.D. Thanks to SAFEBUY for that.

Over the next few days emailing and speaking directly with the M.D., who I must say seems to be a nice guy who also explained that he bought the company and also inherited the company history.He seems to care and wants to offer a service so we have come to an arrangement that means that I will pay for an upgrade thereby gaining a bigger data allowance and they will top it out with a further upgrade to the next highest data band.

This worked for me because I would have paid more or less the same if I had gone to a competitor who offered unlimited night downloading but it does mean also that I will need to pay careful attention to the total data transfer as I will be back down there with a throttled connection.
    I have looked it the data I will be allowed and because I will be on half metered data at night I recon that this was an viable option which I then accepted.
    I did some sums when I made the change from my old ISP and was confident that the break even point would be after 12 months. This arrangement will knock that back a bit but hopefully the connection reliablity will win over what I was getting from my old ISP.

People around me have shown a lot of interest in this system, whilst none of them would have the same data requirements I have they are looking for fast and reliable. I now feel that this agreement will allow me to show and hopefully sign up the people with confidence to something better than the miserable local Spanish options. All the expats here know there is little or no chance of negotiating a solution such as this if they take out a local ISP, that is why there is a lot of interest around me as customer service is paramount when placing your hard earned money on a contract that will last you several months.

I write this as we have just agreed this plan of action, I do have confidence that the transition will pass flawlessly and so I do not expect to enter further entries here. However I wont close this thread just yet just in case!!!

PM
    Send Message

Good to hear, let us know if the problems continue.
    Mark 'Winter' Jackson
    Editor-in-Chief - ISPreview.co.uk

PM
    Send Message

Tooway counts 50% at night, it is NOT unlimited !
    Last edited by molino; 16-12-2011 at 01:15 PM.

Default Satellite broadband in the UK

I live in rural Staffordshire in the UK and get a broadband speed of 1.2Mb/s down and 0.36Mp/s up. If it rains it is much less! What actual speeds do people get with Tooway satellite?

PM
    Send Message

I'd like to know that too but the number of people using it is so tiny that it's hard to get much feedback.
    Mark 'Winter' Jackson
    Editor-in-Chief - ISPreview.co.uk

PM
    Send Message

Quote Originally Posted by bobatbanktop View Post
    I live in rural Staffordshire in the UK and get a broadband speed of 1.2Mb/s down and 0.36Mp/s up. If it rains it is much less! What actual speeds do people get with Tooway satellite?
    Hi, The speeds I get are fantastic but with a slight 1 second delay before whatever I do goes the distance to that sat and back I guess. Once its downloading, say video for instance it really fast. I can only measure up to 2 meg for downloads and the needle was hard over. My location (spain) gives me clear skies most of the time so I don't know if cloudy conditions would affect it much. I must say though that on the days when it is bad here it don't make any difference that I can see.

Unhappy AKA EuropaSat. MD Andrew Walwyn

I could not in all honesty recommend this company to anyone.

The "unlimited" data allowance package it sold wasn't actually 'unlimited'. It had a cap of 60Gb and after that cap was reached the speed you got was throttled back to 0.25Mbs.

This wasn't detailed in the T&C's not was explained during the signing up process not were details released by Tarium / Europasat when they received the details from Eutelsat.

I have had a terrible experience with this company and would NOT recommend them. I have wasted a lot of money (80) a month for nearly 8 months plus installation costs on a product they sold but knew they couldn't fulfil.

http://andrew-miller.co.uk/satellite...and-europasat/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12