( Register Here | Lost Password ) Search Today's Posts FAQ
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    PM
    Send Message

Thumbs down Phone and email records to be stored in new spy plan

Details of every phone call and text message, email traffic and websites visited online are to be stored in a series of vast databases under new Government anti-terror plans.

Landline and mobile phone companies and broadband providers will be ordered to store the data for a year and make it available to the security services under the scheme.

The databases would not record the contents of calls, texts or emails but the numbers or email addresses of who they are sent and received by.

For the first time, the security services will have widespread access to information about who has been communicating with each other on social networking sites such as Facebook.

Direct messages between subscribers to websites such as Twitter would also be stored, as well as communications between players in online video games.

The Home Office is understood to have begun negotiations with internet companies in the last two months over the plan, which could be officially announced as early as May.

Rest of article ...
    Unlike the old Labour plan the details won't be held in a central database but by the ISPs themselves. Currently the article mentions the security services and serious crime - how long before other parts of the state get their grubby hands on the data?

The databases would not record the contents of calls, texts or emails but the numbers or email addresses of who they are sent and received by.

For the first time, the security services will have widespread access to information about who has been communicating with each other on social networking sites such as Facebook......
    Just they wont have any idea who it is with a unregistered PAYG to PAYG mobile which any terrorist with half a brain cell would use. Another waste of the public purse and another desperate attempt to control everything and install fear among people.

Twitter and Facebook stuff doesn't even enter the equation stuff those services store data online already for 12-18 months even when you hit delete, example...
    http://gawker.com/5661393/facebook-d...rassing-months

What is more likely to happen is a bunch of bored 12 year olds google security keywords which are monitored and then use them in every call.

PM
    Send Message

If, as stated, "The databases would not record the contents of calls, texts or emails" then it strikes me as pretty pointless anyway.

...and for those who don't have an unregistered PAYG mobile (offers for mine are invited ) it's still easy to dodge - their suspect will doubtless be found to have received umpteen calls from randomly chosen phone boxes!
    Gordon
    -----------
    This message comes to you by permission of GCHQ.
    Lost an e-mail or need copies of someone else's e-mails?
    Please contact our Sales Department at Cheltenham.

Good luck to them also trying to monitor satellite phones routed through a satellite which isn't best buddies with the likes of the UK, USA and other so called free, democratic countries which want to errr.... monitor the "free" people with their "democracy" and bomb the hell out of any other country that is considered naughty and not democratic.... But only of course if they don't have the power to fight back (I wonder if we are ever going to have the balls to pick on China and their so called oppressive regime or naughty Iran we keep hearing about now eh? Lets hope our government doesn't become that dumb. I suspect they have forgotten what real war and not bullying is like.)

Frankly i wonder what has happened to this country and its bullying sheep like rule mentality its learned from other bullying sheep governments. We have more to fear from their stupidity than anything else.

PM
    Send Message

to be honest a conservative government always has been pretty crappy.. every time they get in unemployment goes up.. just makes you wonder why.

still if you really want to see their true colours see what they are doing with the NHS, and the whole Workfare fiasco.. the scheme pretty much forces unemployed claiming JSA to work full time for 30 hours a week for just 65 for 8 weeks+ (some have been doing it for longer than 6 months) supposedly this slave labour is not supposed to be taking jobs or overtime from paid staff but lve been reading many accounts of paid staff being sent home while so called Volunteers are made to stay and work (according to the DWP ppl can drop out in the first week and its not mandatory but according to the jobcentre if you dont do it you loose your JSA).
    Currently with:

Past ISPs:
    Aquiss
    AOL
    Centeral Point (Dead)
    EurISP [Dead, now called Aspire Internet.. Dead]
    Fast24 (Dead)
    Three
    Virgin [ADSL]

Dont really want to get into a Con Vs Lab debate, in the past 20 years i think they have both done a bang up job of screwing things up.

Dont see how they are getting away with the JSA lark and 30 hours work for 65. If i were in that position, lets just say the firm they send me to wouldnt want to keep me around

PM
    Send Message

Pretty much all this came out last summer, the only new thing is that they might finally reveal the policy in May 2012 and have now begun talking with ISPs and internet companies. Here's our take.

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/story/201...-may-2012.html
    Mark 'Winter' Jackson
    Editor-in-Chief - ISPreview.co.uk

Part of the reason why i didn't engage in the lab Vs Con debate. In fact didn't labour also invent the concept of slave labour for Job seekers allowance with something called "New Deal".

Both parties as bad as each other that constantly just rehash each others ideas and then try to spin us all into believing they are different.

PM
    Send Message

Good luck to them

PM
    Send Message

Quote Originally Posted by truth4free View Post
    Part of the reason why i didn't engage in the lab Vs Con debate. In fact didn't labour also invent the concept of slave labour for Job seekers allowance with something called "New Deal".

Both parties as bad as each other that constantly just rehash each others ideas and then try to spin us all into believing they are different.
    at least on NewDeal you could turn it down for other options.. it wasnt forced like it is today.

they call the Workfare scheme Voluntary.. which it is in theory, you can quit in the first week however unless you have a good reason for quitting you will then be put on a mandatory scheme leaving you back on square one this time meaning you will get sanctioned and loose money.

now the most messed up part of this is the fact that should you loose your job and be forced to sign-on to the dole one could be put on the schemes almost immediately.. some are being signed onto the schemes as early as the first sign-on. and since the reforms on DLA and ESA they have refused many with disabilities and health problems putting them on normal JSA, this means that many with actual problems are being put on a 30hour a week work programme.

so far lve heard of ppl with alzheimer's and terminal cancer patients also being put on the scheme, and the most annoying part is how weeks after they pushed the reforms through they closed the biggest employer of the disabled a company called Remploy if l remember correctly.
    Currently with:

Past ISPs:
    Aquiss
    AOL
    Centeral Point (Dead)
    EurISP [Dead, now called Aspire Internet.. Dead]
    Fast24 (Dead)
    Three
    Virgin [ADSL]

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast