Sponsored Links

Migrate FTTC to BT?

now got the 76mbits/s ;-) I actually getting 68mbits/s down and 16mbit/s up I'm happy with that :)

Glad to hear you are happy mind if you go fttc with any ISP you would still get those speeds.

True, but most other isp have limits and others just resell BT's services. easier to stay with BT

Not quite, they resell BT Wholesale service. BT Retail (Your ISP) are separate from BT Wholesale.

I agree though, somewhere someone is making a lot of money. How can BT offer 80/20 and unlimited data when other ISPs are having to charge a lot more for it just to break even on the service. Something isn't right somewhere.

Not quite, they resell BT Wholesale service. BT Retail (Your ISP) are separate from BT Wholesale.

I agree though, somewhere someone is making a lot of money. How can BT offer 80/20 and unlimited data when other ISPs are having to charge a lot more for it just to break even on the service. Something isn't right somewhere.

True and that something is the ability of BT to own or be in partnership with retail. Ofcom had the splits to make it fair yet somewhere along the way manipulation has worked or BT are on a business plan that means to update the systems they require government funding.. How many private business can get government funding to keep up with the moving technology they should use a business plan that allows for updating and growth not a quick fix and pray all will be paid by someone else.

Stop all large bonuses to higher ups work a correctly priced product that pays for future growth and the government could clear their own department financial issues instead of bailing out BT.

Last edited:
How can BT offer 80/20 and unlimited data ...

I suppose we have to assume their profit margins are quite low and they're gambling that the users they pick up will stay with them long term. Whenever I check out nearby Wi-Fi access points on my laptop the list is dominated by BT Home Hubs which goes to show that people trust the BT brand over the myriad of providers we find on these boards. :hrmph:

Sponsored Links
I suppose we have to assume their profit margins are quite low and they're gambling that the users they pick up will stay with them long term. Whenever I check out nearby Wi-Fi access points on my laptop the list is dominated by BT Home Hubs which goes to show that people trust the BT brand over the myriad of providers we find on these boards. :hrmph:

Or believe the hype BT give out

Just got my MAC and ready to use by tomorrow.
Last on my list would be BT, too many negative points against their service past and present.
I'll check out Sky but top of list is my old ISP over 3 yrs ago.

Who ever i choose i need to be up and running by 19th.

1898049529.png

Just checked them out, no thanks. Theyre making up for it by the line rental and calls. One good thing though call centre moved to UK, might get some sense. Migration is easy why do they keep coming up with install dates 11 working days from now, same with Plusnet i am already on FTTC.
Sky not available.

Sponsored Links
Bah, I'm still stuck on ADSL2+ for the foreseeable future. I'm not jealous, honest. :crap:

Same here no date for FTTC yet large city all exchanges around us already with FTTC.

ADSL2+

Just checked them out, no thanks. Theyre making up for it by the line rental and calls. One good thing though call centre moved to UK, might get some sense. Migration is easy why do they keep coming up with install dates 11 working days from now, same with Plusnet i am already on FTTC.
Sky not available.

I don't think all of their call center is in UK. I still speak to Indain call centers but they gotten lot better and some time u can't tell.

Your right KDS, i actually had to sign up and complete just to get an inclination of migration date. Question is do i cancel 2 May at best is a long when needed daily.
I was given a phone number, this was answered by UK, i was then transfered to Open Order Team which i can only assume was India.

Straight forward deal rang up to cancel this morning, went through the reasons and stated the extreme lengths i went just to get UK help when needed. No joy at first then accepted that was the main reason i held back. Not only can you can request a call back by UK when on to India, i also have a UK service number to call what all other staff would not oblige, they even hung up on me.

Just an update noticed previous ISP had switched me off, and had no joy just changing login and password with the DLink DIR855.
Plugged the HH3 in and instant connection i cant login to the router to input username and password given.

Software useless says no connection with ethernet to pc and get no further even though its actually connected.
http://speedtest.net/result/1970188249.png

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5470)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules