( Register Here | Lost Password ) Search Today's Posts FAQ
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    PM
    Send Message

As much as I hate BT (and boy do I hate them!!), I do get annoyed that resellers are charging extra for services BT provide FOC on the phone side of the package, and offering TINY bandwidth limits; I mean what IS the point of having 30+MBps if you can burn through your whole months allowance in a few hours??

Unrealistic?? I downloaded nearly 13GB of data a few night ago, on a 6MBps line and in about 4-5 hours.
    Captain Cretin
    15% of Normal Blood Count. The quacks still wont believe yeast is an issue.
    Ian married "Jasmin" LiHong on 19/8/11. Heidi Born 21/1/13

PM
    Send Message

Agreed, we're now using LoveFilm at least once a day to stream movies and we'll easily use 100Gb a month from now on. Regarding ISP's, I get the impression it is a case of "you don't ask = you don't get". But our ISP made the offer rather than us requesting extra bandwidth allowance. It seems a film typically uses ~2Gb to watch in SD by LoveFilm. Our ~36Mbps FTTC service works very well with LoveFilm, we're very happy with it.

PM
    Send Message

Quote Originally Posted by Bob2002 View Post
    Who is your current ISP, what package are you on?

PM
    Send Message

Perhaps I shouldn't say? They are not a big national firm, they do post here on ISP Review from time to time.

Maybe post the price and usage limits instead and leave it to those serious enough to do the detective work to find out That will avoid a mass influx

PM
    Send Message

OK, 25 per month, unlimited monthly bandwidth. Essentially what BT have in their "Option 2" FTTC offering.

PM
    Send Message

Quote Originally Posted by Mark.J View Post
    The latest Home Hub 3 from BT actually isn't all that bad but you could use your old router too. Funnily enough FTTC is so new that we haven't seen many people talk about migrating between FTTC ISPs, although theoretically it's all on BT's platform so there shouldn't be too much of an issue. I'd like to know how your migration goes and what costs, if any, crop up though. Could you keep us informed?
    Mark BT home hub 3 is terrible, It's actually slower than the old belkin I had. BT FTTC is very good can't complain not a single down time so far, just need to get a better router.
    -----------
    My Blog
    @din100

The Home hub amazingly seems to not only deliver internet wirelessly but looking at the BT adverts it amazingly powers and syncs itself with no cables connected to it...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOyL-4y7S84 watch carefully (no cables at all ) as just one example.

Maybe it uses the force or witchcraft. Or more likely its a subliminal message to not even bother powering the thing up or plugging it in to your phone/shiny new FTTC socket

PM
    Send Message

Quote Originally Posted by KDS View Post
    Mark BT home hub 3 is terrible, It's actually slower than the old belkin I had. BT FTTC is very good can't complain not a single down time so far, just need to get a better router.
    Keep the Belkin! Mine is still in use with FTTC and it regularly serves data to 3x PC's, 4x laptops, 2x smart phones, 2x PS3's, 1x Networked storage/print server, 1x Laser printer, 1x netbook, 2x "home plug" network adapters on the LAN and a Nintendo Wii. It now supports the very latest Sony networked blue ray player to which it connected seamlessly by simply entering a "PIN" number. I am watching a movie streamed from LoveFilm as I type this!

PM
    Send Message

My Belkin was a ADSL router, I got my self a linksys e4200 Amazing router. this one does every thing I need, now that they patched the WPS venerability so all good

this is a speed I'm getting from outside the house. even belkin couldn't get more than 2mb
    -----------
    My Blog
    @din100

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast