Sponsored Links

Vodaphone wants £529 to cancel the contract with in 7 days

KDS

ULTIMATE Member
I had a Vodafone contract and didn't like the phone send it back with in 7 days. phoned them canceled it and send it back etc. Now I have received the bill for £529 called voda CS they are not sure why the charge is they can see I send the phone with in 7days. trouble is it's Direct debit and going to go out with in few days my bank is going to charge me for going over the overdraft. I have emailed Voda what you think I can do ?

Phone your bank, explain the situation and get the DD blocked.

TBH the bank arent supposed to let you go over your over draught limit to any great extent any way, but we all know they love to rack up those charges; my old bank let an unauthorised payment go out that took me more than £300 beyond my over draught limit!!!

trouble is it's Direct debit and going to go out with in few days my bank is going to charge me for going over the overdraft. I have emailed Voda what you think I can do ?
http://www.bacs.co.uk/Bacs/Businesses/DirectDebit/Collecting/Pages/CustomersRights.aspx
Note the clause
"If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit, by (insert your organisation name) or your bank or building society, you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society."

I would contact your bank and explain that there is an erroneous and disputed payment about to be taken (or already taken) and get it refunded.

Good luck, update us here on what Vodafone think they were doing.

Tom - www.mouselike.org

Sponsored Links
Thank you guys I will speak to the bank but I think It might be too late. Voda agreed I don't own any thing now. but think it's too late for them to stop it. call center in India I don't think they have much powers to do that will speak to a UK call center tomorrow.

Will see if it comes to it voda have to pay my overdraft charges

As noted above, the bank should give you an immediate refund on the direct debit transfer if there is an error (which seems pretty obvious). I would try that route first as they may also be happier to not charge fees where as voda will be far less happy to pay charged fees.
Post the outcome if you get a chance :)

Tom - www.mouselike.org

I'd agree with ringing your bank - if they're any good it shouldn't be a hassle getting it sorted if my one experience is anything to go by.

My former energy supplier, having agreed that I was in credit, assured me both by phone and by e-mail that the letter they'd sent suggesting otherwise was yet another cock-up and could be ignored, they wouldn't take any further money and would sort things out when they eventually got around to doing the final bill.
That was in mid-October. I'd cancelled the direct debit of, of course, and come 1st November, no problem. However, come 1st December, a month and a half after I'd left them and was still waiting for their snail-paced accounts system to actually produce a final bill, the scumbags submitted a new direct debit and attempted to steal £50 from me!
I phoned the bank when I noticed this in my online statement and told them what the score was.
They did say that I should also tell the company that I disputed it, which I did later that day, but, as I said to the bank, "I thought I'd ring you first because I know I'll get someone with a brain at your end - the chances of tracking down the sole employee in that incompetent lot who isn't sharing a brain cell with a village idiot are pretty remote".
They thought that was fair enough and didn't quibble at all, they bounced it back straight away.

Hi KDS,

I am sorry to hear that you have been charged for this incorrectly.

So that I can help to resolve this, can you email me here with WRT135 FAO Heidi in the subject. Please also include a link to your post and a contact number when emailing.

Kind regards,

Heidi
Web Relations Team
Vodafone UK

Sponsored Links
@Heidi

If you are genuine, you need to register with the site; as it stands you could be anyone.

Hi KDS,

I am sorry to hear that you have been charged for this incorrectly.

So that I can help to resolve this, can you email me here with WRT135 FAO Heidi in the subject. Please also include a link to your post and a contact number when emailing.

Kind regards,

Heidi
Web Relations Team
Vodafone UK

Please drop the editor (me) an email to confirm who you are.

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/contact.shtml

Experience with my Bank (Barclays) is that they will always immediately - same day - refund a disputed payment made through DD once you notify them, and it makes no difference whether the payment has been taken or not. The Bank doesn't loose, the claiming organisation takes the loss and they can then sort out their customer service issues in their own sweet time (though of course always pursue it through their channels too to prevent them suing you or whatever). But I'd always get the money back where it belongs, in my hands first through the Bank. It's harder with CC payments though, where there are more bureaucratic hoops.

Occasionally I've even had a refund from the Bank and then from the claimant. Their problem.

Hi Mark.J,

I have just sent you an email confirming any information you may need.

I appreciate that me popping up on here may make a few of you wary. If you would like confirmation of who I am, you can view my own Vodafone bio here.

I can assure you that I am merely here to offer a helping hand. :)

Thanks,

Heidi
Web Relations Team
Vodafone UK

Sponsored Links
Thank you so much guys , I have mange to cancel the Direct debt, and informed the Vodafone. Bank said if they try to take money and fails it my affect my credit scoring. but voda said they dont take it if they do I will email you Heidi

Hi KDS,

No problem, you are more than welcome to contact me whenever you need any help. :)

Best wishes,

Heidi
Web Relations Team
Vodafone UK

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5470)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules