Sponsored Links

bt fttc

Here in W4, we were sent planning permission forms from the council. I was worried there wasn't a "Yes please, as soon as possible" box. However, next door to my block - two roads down from where they did put up a big box - BT installed two cabinets, each not much more than a metre high.
So conservation zones and FTTC are compatible.

Well, you're probably not too bad from that point of view - I expect you're Hounslow borough there, though the Bedford Park area, which comes under Ealing, is also W4. Either way, I think it's a bit like here in Brent, where they are currently conveniently ignoring the fact that the only building with any character on Willesden High Road, the original little library in front of the current library, is in a conservation area and, deaf to protests, are determined to demolish it and inflict some ghastly modern box on us instead - a plain brown envelope or a slap-up meal gets anything through.
Just don't make the mistake of moving further into town and ending up in Kensington & Chelsea borough - it's not just the well-publicised broadband outlook that is a bit gloomy there, they enjoy making life difficult in every respect and are so fond of petty rules requiring you to fill in a hundred page form in triplicate that it'll take you six months to get a permit to sneeze.

Ho hum.

So, here we are, four days away from "planned" activation.
I threw my phone number into the BT Hole Sale broadband availability checker.
"Your cabinet is planned to have WBC FTTC by 30th September 2012".

By that time, I probably won't be interested. I cannot be certain yet, and may still not be certain then even, it's all very vague and fingers-crossed (BT call this "planned", but I'm more honest), but I may be moving in about a year from now. If that is still on the cards in September, BT can shove their "minimum 12 month contract" FTTC where the sun doesn't shine.

LMAO thats there standard, tell you right up till the last minute you will be enabled at the end of the month then put the date back 3 months, come september i bet they move that date to Jan 2013 LOL seen and experienced that LIE of theirs already LOL

Aren't they doing well? :crap:

I would offer to let you have two baked bean tins and a piece of string at a bargain price, but I may need them myself!

Sponsored Links
Line length is really only critical with DSL services, not so much with FTTC, so I wouldnt worry about the few extra yards.

Actually it can be critical if you believe BTs checker. Street not far from me that is enabled there is a difference of "estimated" speed of 8Mbps between a house one end and a house the other. One is obviously closer to the cabinet.

Others can also check things like that just be finding a street in their area that is enabled and using the postcode/address checker to see how things can differ in speed in the same street.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5470)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules