Sponsored Links

Orange or BT ?

onephat

ULTIMATE Member
Hi guys

I live in a market1 exchange and currently have Orange broadband synced at roughly 5mb. My contract is now up and I'm looking at alternatives. The exchange is 21CN WBC enabled. I'm looking at BT broadband unlimited as i like the option of FON for when I'm out and about as well as BT Openzone. Whats anyones opinion of Orange Vs BT ?

Ben

Hi Onephat,

Just take a look at the top 50 Land Line providers, BT comes in at 40 and Orange does not make it into the top 50.

You have a lot more to choose from, who will give you a lot better service than those 2. If it comes down too picking 1 my option would be unfortunately BT.

Regards Paul.

If WiFi is a must then BT is better than Orange but you're still at the wrong end of a long straw with both. PlusNet, Zen Internet, IDNet, Eclipse Internet and others should be considered too. Granted WiFi is going to be a bit out of the window with them but it really depends upon what you want and how much you're willing to pay.

Also remember that even the best ISPs can have problems, any move will carry some risk.

Separate from that I would say the BT Infinity service is still quite good if you pick their "unlimited" package but obviously you can't get that one so..

Sponsored Links
I stay on Orange purely for price. £5 p.m. with no caps and unlimited calls on the VOIP. Deffo don't stay for service as it's a fight to make the Indian callcentre do anything. That said My line is stable and it all works so happy not to be paying more. The Wifi thing is fixable if your mobile is Orange too. (Usually is if your ADSL is with Orange) If you are on the Panther tariff you get BT Openzone Wifi included.

Really depends on your own circumstances and what you are willing to pay for.

Well lets take BT, £26 for the broadband and £14 odd for the line rental and calls I'm happy with.

I don't have an orange mobile, only reason for picking them at the time was they were the only ones that offered ADSL2 at my exchange at the time so it was 4 or 5mb with orange or 2 with any other isp. I don't really want to head the way of plusnet etc as i prefer an unmetered service with the amount of say Sky Anytime i use or iPlayer etc. I can live with a traffic managed service to an extent rather than a fixed cap on usage.

Ben

@Titan

How are your call charges so cheap? 0.7p/m where as BT et al are 7+p/m?

Sponsored Links
I would be more interested in the after sales service.

BT make it on the phone ie like for like are £3.50 p/m dearer then add on connection charge plus dearer calls then if dont use £5 p/m of calls you get charged £5.

@Titan

How are your call charges so cheap? 0.7p/m where as BT et al are 7+p/m?

We decided to sell our calls at the rate we buy them in at that way we can offer users a package which is appealing without having any call connection charges or high pence per minute call charges.

Matt

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5468)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2523)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2233)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules