PM
    Send Message

Have you received your MAC code yet?

PM
    Send Message

Default MAC code finally received

Quote Originally Posted by mike306 View Post
    Have you received your MAC code yet?
    Yes!! Hoorah! I have just finished putting the order through to Xilo to get our broadband service transferred.

The whole thing is bizarre. Why get yourself a load of bad publicity just to put a MAC through on the 7th working day, when the rules say 5?

I do wonder if Firefly only work 3 day weeks - if that was the excuse they were using, then they didn't use that excuse. Indeed, being a reasonable person, if they had offered any reasonable explanation for the delay when I asked for a MAC, I would have accepted it. But no - they just insisted I couldn't have a MAC until 1st May.

I will be logging a complaint with Ofcom anyway. Thanks for all the ideas everyone.

Richard

PM
    Send Message

That's interesting as it is pretty much the same amount of time I had to wait for mine. Anyway its good news for you and you can finally say goodbye to Firefly!!! I also wonder if they have fixed the control panel issue I had when I left.

Do you mind me asking which package you are getting with Xilo?

Mike

PM
    Send Message

Default Goodbye to Firefly

Quote Originally Posted by mike306 View Post
    That's interesting as it is pretty much the same amount of time I had to wait for mine. Anyway its good news for you and you can finally say goodbye to Firefly!!! I also wonder if they have fixed the control panel issue I had when I left.

Do you mind me asking which package you are getting with Xilo?

Mike

Mike,

you make it sound like Firefly have a policy of refusing to comply with the 5 day rule!

I didn't spot any control panel issues as such, but I didn't explore every last corner. They have changed their main website to be a clone of their supplier's (SurfAnyTime), but have kept the same control panel as on the old site.

The package I went with on Xilo is their Home 50 one, since I don't need the extra usage allowance of the Pro 24 package, and I noticed that the Pro 24 package requires a LLU connection at the exchange (the Home one gives you the option). Researching the pros/cons of changing from BT to LLU on the net didn't suggest any great advantage, so I thought I would save the extra cost for the moment.

Richard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123