Sponsored Links

List of FTTC providers

I gather that you are not tied to a minimum term by BT then? If you are tied to 18 month terms with BT and suddenly you are offering customers 12 month contracts, then unless im missing something if they leave after 12 months and your contract terms with BT state 18 months you will have to subsidise 6 months?

Either way i think people can make up their own minds by now.

No we are tied to a minimum term, at no point did I say it was 18 months ... I simply said it was long (which it is, and I would like it to be shorter).

As it happens you did catch us with out pants down as the 18 month term was part of the terms and conditions of the promo we were running for the first part of this year (free install, 3 months free, etc) and should have been reduced back down to 12 months when that offer expired last month - we missed it - you didn't!

How we choose to run our business and the promos we offer (for example we have to pay the installation costs even if we offer to waive them for you. We don't get free months from BT, but we choose to offer them, and so on) is down to how we choose to market the promos.

What we don't do is take your initial contract and extend it every time you update your bandwidth preferences, which is where I think we came into this whole debate.

Hopefully people will see that a) we are flexible, b) prepared to enter into a dialog, and c) human - but when we make a mistake we own up to it.

Obviously, for some people the glass is half full, for others it is half empty, and yet for some more the glass is simply too large and a smaller one would do. Where ever you sit, we will try to accomodate you if you choose to become a customer .. we can't be all things to all people however, but we will try to be as helpful and as flexible as we can - and often go beyond the call of duty to help our customers achieve their goals, however I do appreciate that no matter how flexible and helpful we are, we can't please everyone every time.

No we are tied to a minimum term, at no point did I say it was 18 months ... I simply said it was long (which it is, and I would like it to be shorter).
Referring back to my prior post than....It still must be a 12 months term or less that you are tied to BT.
As it happens you did catch us with out pants down as the 18 month term was part of the terms and conditions of the promo we were running for the first part of this year (free install, 3 months free, etc) and should have been reduced back down to 12 months when that offer expired last month - we missed it - you didn't!

How we choose to run our business and the promos we offer (for example we have to pay the installation costs even if we offer to waive them for you. We don't get free months from BT, but we choose to offer them, and so on) is down to how we choose to market the promos.
Id be interested in what BT actually bill an ISP (not specifically yourselves and this is in no way negative towards yourself) when it comes to fibre installs as that figure seems to vary wildly from ISP to ISP. (Ive seen ISPs charge the user as low as £40 and as high as £120) Im no fan of BT, have bashed them on here a few times, but i suspect where that figure is concerned it may not be as high as some claim or are charging.
What we don't do is take your initial contract and extend it every time you update your bandwidth preferences, which is where I think we came into this whole debate.
There are many out there which allow you to do that, again bashing a company that doesnt IMO is very petty, in the case of bashing BT it makes little sense as their £26 option 2 FTTC is unlimited (apart from P2P which gets throttled) so people wouldnt want to regrade while with them, or if they did, its going to be downgrade which costs even less than £26 per month.
Hopefully people will see that a) we are flexible, b) prepared to enter into a dialog, and c) human - but when we make a mistake we own up to it.
You may indeed be a very nice company for people to deal with, i am not denying that. Its the initial impression you gave which did not come across very well. Its good to see communication goes beyond what it was originally though :)
Obviously, for some people the glass is half full, for others it is half empty, and yet for some more the glass is simply too large and a smaller one would do. Where ever you sit, we will try to accomodate you if you choose to become a customer .. we can't be all things to all people however, but we will try to be as helpful and as flexible as we can - and often go beyond the call of duty to help our customers achieve their goals, however I do appreciate that no matter how flexible and helpful we are, we can't please everyone every time.
I wish you all the best and hopefully will see many more less suspicious ISPreviews which are positive.

The price BT charge is £80 + VAT (currently reduced under offer from them to £60 + VAT until end of July) BT retail swallow that and make a loss on the product.

vaporizer hash

Edited to remove spam

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll move this thread out of the guest section as it seems to attract spam.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5470)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules