Sponsored Links

Sky Fibre 80Mb down 20Mb up now available.

One of the criticisms of Sky FTTC package was it only being available as a 40Mb down 2Mb up product.

It seems if you are in their LLU areas this is no longer the case...

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/skyinfo/sky_broadband_unlimited_fibre_pro.html

Bargain IMO, first true unlimited 80/20Mb FTTC product available AFAIK

NOTE: I have no links to Sky, my ISP is not Sky, this post is not to recommend the product in any way im just reporting on news ISPReview is yet to pick up on.

Sponsored Links
No problem Mark, and nice work getting the official response :)

@bob2002, nope all products from Sky AFAIK if you are in a Sky LLU area are TRULY unlimited, no caps or throttles. Its only their "connect" (i think thats what they call em) broadband products which are BT based that have any nasty tinkering ;)

^^^ BAN THAT IDIOT oh and get a script that filters the use of proxies in Vbulletin Mark see this time it doesnt come back.

Sadly proxy banning mods have a tendancy to block legitimate users too and also affect some of our other systems. I could increase the level of Akismet protection to include short-term IP blocking but I've found that to catch legitimate individuals too.

I bet that sky's FTTC is not free from bt DLM /profiling , that will set interleave and lower your sync speed for no real reason, i'm waiting for FTTC to be free from that bs, no way would i commit to a 12-18mth contract only to end up with high ping times, all because openwound fails to get it , if you have a bad D'side pair then they should also sort that out at the time they install FTTC , but they wont

Sponsored Links
As far as I can see all FTTC services will have DLM and profiling because all the providers have to use the same conduit - there's no "LLU". Very happy to stand corrected on that though.

Oddly enough I made a similar comment - we were going to be moving home in order to get back into a cabled area and finally get broadband back again, but a death in the family has put that on hold. (That's the second time we've almost moved back to broadband world, I could cry over that)

I picked somewhere which also had FTTC with an estimate of 20Meg down, and made the same point as you. Why on earth would I sign up for 12 months at a higher cost for a product the capabilities of which only become clear *after* I've made a commitment, versus cable which has a 30 day trial period and would need to be pretty congested to be as slow as BT's FTTC alternative? And, it it were, I have a possible second option.

Well there is 'some' LLU in respect to VULA + LLU exchanges. Granted BT still maintains most of the control over FTTC, even when VULA is used, but if an ISP has also unbundled an exchange then that does give them access to greater flexibility in their capacity supply. This is partly why you can only get Sky's FTTC on exchanges that Sky itself has unbundled, which at present isn't much different from BT's FTTC coverage anyway.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5467)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2523)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2233)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1607)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules