Sponsored Links

MICROSOFT.COM rendered inaccessable for BE/O2 retail customers

It would seem along with several other destinations on the WWW Microsoft.com and its associated sub domains are inaccessible by normal direct methods ,but are instantly reachable if a VPN or proxy server is used, also some have reported no problems reaching the affected sites/domains using connections other than BE/O2 retail
Yet more issues it would seem ,Who are they going to blame this time?
http://imgur.com/3hv1m Wonder when we will be able to download microsoft updates ? tomorrow ,next week or month maybe or will that be at a time it suits the bean counters at Telfonica uk ?

LOL wait a week until enough people moan at their useless backsides on their private forum and then they will proudly announce (like they did with the beeb) its because Microsoft are updating their network.

Wait one more week when the problem hasnt gone away for it to be investigated. OR rather as they say "escalated"

Followed by another 2-3 weeks for it just to settle down on its own accord and nobody is once again any the wiser which clown tripped over and disconnected a cable at BE towers.

That seems to be what their definition of network managing is. :D

I also had the same problem last week using a third party DNS server.
My VPN would connect fine, i then turned off my vpn then changed my dns to open DNS.
No more issues since.
I did this on the pc side not router side.
Hope this helps.

Sponsored Links
I also had the same problem last week using a third party DNS server.
My VPN would connect fine, i then turned off my vpn then changed my dns to open DNS.
No more issues since.
I did this on the pc side not router side.
Hope this helps.
If only something like that would work, I apart from beifly trying the BE dns servers, over 1yr ago i have never used them since,they would be flakey, not resolving or being to slow

Well it seems that they fixed it,for now

Let me know if it comes back and we might have to do yet another news item :) . Sad that they still haven't quite resolved this.

I'm on O2 and can reach Microsoft ok.

As stated it is working again for now. There is no dispute what cyclope posted was an issue though...
http://www.beusergroup.co.uk/?id=855

Dont be shocked if it comes back, most of the issues BE have are never fully resolved. There are still apparently issues for some reaching various BBC webpages. Which ISPreview previously covered only to be given a load of waffle from BE.

Sponsored Links
truth4free :
Dont be shocked if it comes back, most of the issues BE have are never fully resolved. There are still apparently issues for some reaching various BBC webpages. Which ISPreview previously covered only to be given a load of waffle from BE.

Don't know about some pages being problematic for some BE/02 retail customers but i do know that the Streaming issue still isn't 100% fixed, there are times when the CDN is low on available bandwidth causing poor quality video images or the stream will fail altogether ,the morning time seems is when it seems to be at it's worst , that i have expereinced so far with the available bandwith going down as low as 1mbit this was coupled with the stream quality continually switching from the highest 1500kbps to 796kbps and back again, It shouldn't do this, This was whilst trying to watch Live tv,not, post live i player programes

Also ironic the very day i said "don't be shocked if it comes back" that very evening/early hours Friday it did LOL

Bad enough they are losing customers hand over fist to FTTC services. I suspect if they also fail to deliver on their promise of sorting/upgrading their network this year (as they have with their shallow promises that a FTTC was coming) they will have another mass exodus of users.

Not a single month goes by without some type of network issue, and hasn't since at least the beginning of the year.

The sheer nerve of them now trying to bribe people to stay and get the current userbase to recommend them and give £40 discounts for every person they refer to their broken network would be funny if it wasn't so sad and scummy.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5467)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2523)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2233)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1607)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules