( Register Here | Lost Password ) Search Today's Posts FAQ
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    PM
    Send Message

Default Internet Explorer 11 - don't do it yet

IE10 seemed nice and quick and stable so I thought I'd take the offer of the upgrade to IE11.

It doesn't seem to do an awful lot that's different.

It does however crash on every page with a Disqus discussion thread.

And something - I think it might be Disqus - has left what looks like developer's debugging code in instead of removing it when the site went to production.

Resulting in the amusing message "Scanstyles does nothing in Opera/Firefox/Webkit" or similar appearing in a pop up box on some sites - the Telegraph home page always does this.

Finally, it is noticeably slower, and has a tendency to pause for no explainable reason when finishing rendering larger pages.

Don't do it yet

PM
    Send Message

I'd second that. I found that IE9 was fairly stable but IE10 crashed every now and then, while IE11 seems to crash several times a day during the normal course of work. It's an absolute nightmare and best avoided. I haven't a clue what Microsoft are doing as they don't seem to be catching some very obvious bugs.
    Mark 'Winter' Jackson
    Editor-in-Chief - ISPreview.co.uk

PM
    Send Message

l really regret updating to IE10 on my main system as well when l reinstalled. lve had nothing but issues trying to use my british gas card readers with it.

l found pretty much as soon as l loaded the page it bloody crashed, managed to fix that for all of maybe 10mins then it crashed over and over while trying to credit the key/card so l ended up using my laptop which still has IE9 installed. and tbh while some have been able to use IE10 changing compatibility to IE9, tho the topup site on british gas does mention it only supports up to IE9.. in fact accessibility wise topups only work with IE and only then with a couple of versions of IE.
    Currently with:

Past ISPs:
    Aquiss
    AOL
    Centeral Point (Dead)
    EurISP [Dead, now called Aspire Internet.. Dead]
    Fast24 (Dead)
    Three
    Virgin [ADSL]

PM
    Send Message

Can't remember the last time I used IE, would probably have been weeks or months ago, I mostly use Chrome on PC/Mac.

PM
    Send Message

Oh dear, I let Windows 7 update to install I.E. 11 and it sucks. Completely concur with DTMark.
    Richard

PM
    Send Message

Its been such a long time since I used it, I am not even sure WHAT version I used last time.

PS. If my utility companies website doesnt work with FF, I change provider, it shows that have a very bad attitude towards their customers.

BTW. BG have been sending me a gas bill of 0.32 for the last 11 years!!!!
    Captain Cretin
    11% of Normal Blood Count. I must avoid the temptations of Pizza!!!
    Ian married "Jasmin" LiHong on 19/8/11. Heidi Born 21/1/13

PM
    Send Message

Spare a thought for those of us who have no choice but to develop websites around IE, at least so long as it had a viable market share .
    Mark 'Winter' Jackson

PM
    Send Message

heh, ld personally shop around for the best deals but my parents who lm forced to live with due to money issues seem to always choose british gas for utilities, no idea why as they arent the best or the cheapest tho l do kinda like having the card readers as it saves me walking up to a paypoint shop lol.
    Currently with:

Past ISPs:
    Aquiss
    AOL
    Centeral Point (Dead)
    EurISP [Dead, now called Aspire Internet.. Dead]
    Fast24 (Dead)
    Three
    Virgin [ADSL]

PM
    Send Message

I've just switched leccy suppliers and my new day tarrif is 40% CHEAPER than my old NPower one, overall I expect to save about 25% on my bills - and more when I get my free exterior wall insulation!!!
    Captain Cretin
    11% of Normal Blood Count. I must avoid the temptations of Pizza!!!
    Ian married "Jasmin" LiHong on 19/8/11. Heidi Born 21/1/13

PM
    Send Message

Not sure what that has to do with IE11 but.. . Who did you go with?
    Mark 'Winter' Jackson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast