Sponsored Links

Zen internet here I come!

I've reluctantly been with BT and their awful customer services for about 15 months now and have been looking to move away from them since the contract ran out.

I only initially went with them, because they were offering a very cheap deal and I needed to save money for a while, which worked out as intended and the service does work, sans decent customer services, of course. I tried getting interleaving turned off on my good quality ADSL line (close to exchange) at the start and eventually gave up as they incompetently fumbled to try and do this for me, so it's still on, with high latency. That's annoying.

I've been interested in Zen for some time, but they didn't have a competitive ADSL service at the time I went with BT and up till now, concentrating on their fibre customers instead. Unfortunately, I'm one of the fibre have-nots because BT refuse to upgrade the cabinet so I'm stuck with ADSL.

Then today I read the article below explaining how ADSL users can now get a good deal from Zen, offering unlimited downloads for £21.40 per month on a 1-month contract, so moving over is now a no-brainer. I'll be asking for interleaving to be turned off again by Zen, too - a little customer service "test" for you guys. ;)

I've now called BT for my MAC, didn't let them talk me into staying and didn't even want to know what they had to offer to retain my custom. To be fair, the UK-based rep was actually very nice to talk to and sympathized with me about my customer service issues when he asked for feedback why I was leaving. He said that BT are investing heavily in improved customer services, but I'll believe that when I see it. He told me I'll be emailed my MAC in 5-7 working days, so I'll start the migration to Zen then. Can't wait.

www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2015/05/uk-isp-zen-internet-finally-introduce-unlimited-adsl-broadband-package.html

Hey Mark, I know you're "only doing your job" with these news stories, but I'd like you to know that you really made a difference to this one user today! Thankyou. :)

Welcome aboard, any issues let me know and I will see what I can do. Depending what exchange your on we may be able to remove it straight away or at the most over night if a order has to be sent to BT.

LeeH

Thanks Lee.

Tell me, can the migration start without that MAC at all? I'm only asking because I know that the MAC process is going away in a matter of weeks anyway.

Sponsored Links
they should have given the mac over the phone their and then why the delay ?

only reason BT is moving to customer services to UK is now cheaper to run a call center in UK than to run in India. most business are doing the same but pretending they are doing it to improve their "customer services".

Thanks Lee.

Tell me, can the migration start without that MAC at all? I'm only asking because I know that the MAC process is going away in a matter of weeks anyway.

I'm afraid it cant yet as the old process is still in place.

Hello all :)

I am the same - Migrating over to Zen in 7 days time - also drawn in by the new Unlimited offering and hoping in the next few months to also Upgrade to Fibre with you.

Enjoy RaptorX! :)

Sponsored Links
Hello all :)

I am the same - Migrating over to Zen in 7 days time - also drawn in by the new Unlimited offering and hoping in the next few months to also Upgrade to Fibre with you.

Enjoy RaptorX! :)

The unlimited DSL does seem to be getting quite popular, any problems let me know and I will always do all I can.

LeeH

Order placed!

I got my MAC today, well within the 7 working days that was promised, so I'm very pleased that BT didn't play tricks by "forgetting" to send it.

Looked at Zen's offering and decided to go the whole hog - placed the order online for a phone line and unlimited broadband. For the same features the whole thing costs me about £10 less than I'm paying with BT too. I'm really looking forward to activation day! :)

I saw that in BT's email they mentioned that the free BT Sport (which I've never used) will be charged at £13.50 / month should I migrate away. Conveniently for them, they haven't explained how to cancel the service and only supply an 0800 number should I need any help. I'd prefer to not speak to them if possible, so can BT Sport be cancelled by Zen?

EDIT: The signup process was really well designed and straightforward, too. A promising start.

Last edited:
Sorry Raptor but the contract for the free sports is between you and BT so only you can cancel it.

Sponsored Links
Sorry Raptor but the contract for the free sports is between you and BT so only you can cancel it.

Nice to see you around kits.

As Kits has said, by the sound of it because you have migrating away BT have switched the sports from a free product option to a pay one which we wouldn't be able to cancel on your behalf.

LeeH

lol good luck!

My migration day is Monday. I have used up my A&A allowance and now waiting for switch :)

I got a funny Direct Debit confirmation with someone elses name, my full address and their town and postcode after it - a real mashed up effort. It's not put me off though as the details for the DD are right :)

The congestion posts on TBB don't thrill me with joy but at the end of the day this is ADSL with no contract if I don't get on with it. I did the same as you Raptor - Phone and BB :)

lol good luck!

My migration day is Monday. I have used up my A&A allowance and now waiting for switch :)

I got a funny Direct Debit confirmation with someone elses name, my full address and their town and postcode after it - a real mashed up effort. It's not put me off though as the details for the DD are right :)

The congestion posts on TBB don't thrill me with joy but at the end of the day this is ADSL with no contract if I don't get on with it. I did the same as you Raptor - Phone and BB :)

If that was from ourselves would you please PM me so it could be looked in to as that isn't right.

Thanks

LeeH

I've replied to your PM and I will send it to you for sure :)

Like I said - was an observation - not a complaint :)

Sponsored Links
I've replied to your PM and I will send it to you for sure :)

Like I said - was an observation - not a complaint :)

I know it wasn't a complaint but it should be looked in to and I wasn't aware you had already passed the details on but still I would like to make sure this is resolved.

LeeH

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5467)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2523)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2233)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1607)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules