Sponsored Links

thinking of broadband

I'm thinking of moving to broadband soon. Could someone tell me what hardware I'll need for BTOpenworld and NTL Broadband (both self-install) please? Also the current rates/ month would be nice too.

bt openworld home 500 plug and go

includes:
activation of your bt line to adsl
Equipment:
One high speed ADSL moden
Two ADSL phone filters
software cd rom

setup £85
per month £29.99

hope this help

Could you say where to get those from and roughly how much they'd cost too?

Sponsored Links
Could you say where to get those from and roughly how much they'd cost too?

the information ubove is from <a href="http://www.btopenworld.com" target="_blank">www.btopenworld.com</a>
just go on the adsl link

I meant the hardware - sorry about the double post - the first time I posted it said my member file was corrupt - so I thought it hadn't worked.

sorry just got the information of the web site but i think you can buy the package the site

Sponsored Links
I meant from an actual retailer as opposed to the overpriced amount you'll be charged by them.

sorry don't know. why don't you try and search the net for other retailers.

because I don't know exactly what I need yet!

go to bt openworld see exactly what they give you and then search for them.

Sponsored Links
Their website just displays a blank page in my browser - so it's a little difficult!

you are not alone just tried to load it and non of the picture would show

The reason is - it uses javascript to redirect to another page - tries to access a cookie on your machine which tells it whether you're a narrow band or broadband consumer, a business user or just anonymous. Based on that it either sends you to /anon or /default or /businesshome or /anon or /pre/ipcheck

They should've included a <noscript> </noscript> part which redirected non-javascript users to a seperate page - you'd think an ISP as big as BTOpenworld would be able to figure this out for themselves!

Here's the link to the Broadband section - <a href="http://www.btopenworld.com/broadband/" target="_blank">http://www.btopenworld.com/broadband/</a> . However the site does heavily rely on javascript for links.

Oh - and there isn't supposed to be a picture there - it's supposed to redirect you to a page based on the cookie but as you have javascript disable it won't.

Sponsored Links
For cable you'll need a cable-modem/STB which you rent from NTL, this is included in the price.

This can connect via USB, or if you're performance conscious then you can buy a network card + cable and connect it to that.

Last time I looked the price was £35/month for 512k.

NTL new 1mb service is £49.99 i think don@T know setup charge

what's the score with NTL? i'm about to move into a new house and there's NTL cable in the area.

is it reliable, and are they going to feck me about with things like billing me for a tv feed i'll never use (like they've done to several people i know).

don't know anything about cable and only just started thinking about it, looks like i need another network card in my machine to run a server?

advice much appreciated, NTL's site is kind of minimal with information.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5468)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2523)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2233)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules