Sponsored Links

List of FTTC providers

Unregistered

Is there a list of FTTC providers? i only know BT infinity, Plusnet and Talk Talk. Im seeing what other alternatives are there, preferably unlimited download usage.

Thanks

Most of the resellers using BT line have it available, but unlimited packages seem rather rare, I can get it through my ISP (Vispa), but it costs a lot and the limits are the same as for their ADSL packages, although who in their right minds is going to stump up for a 50/100MB connection and a 2GB data allowance per month is beyond me.

Sponsored Links

Hi .. for want of a shameless plug, you're missing FidoNet from this list.

We offer ADSL2 and FTTC / FTTP services starting from £15/mo for a 10GB allowance, £25/mo for 50GB, £35/mo for 100GB, £55 for 250/GB and so on

www.fido.net/broadband

We are a small, quality focussed ISP with a long pedigree in the UK ISP scene (many of us are ex Demon, doing this because we enjoy it, not because we have to) ... and we focus on the customer experience as being key.

Prices include a static IP address (both IPv4 and IPv6) as well as a SIP account for use on our VoIP platform, and 24x7 support on the end of a London number, with staff based in London not some foreign call centre.

If you want a quality service provided at a sensible price then you wouldn't go far wrong from giving us a try. We also operate a 3 month risk free trial on ADSL2 services so you can migrate away without penalty if you are truly not happy. So far in 7 years of providing Broadband, we've never yet had anyone do this btw!

We also offer ADSL (20CN) services, however these are slightly more expensive due to the additional costs we incur in tail costs and back haul from BT/etc.

Jon Morby
Managing Director
FidoNet - the internet made simple!
web: www.fido.net
tel: 020 3432 6700

Hi .. for want of a shameless plug
Thats all it appears to be
.....We offer ADSL2 and FTTC / FTTP services starting from £15/mo for a 10GB allowance, £25/mo for 50GB, £35/mo for 100GB, £55 for 250/GB and so on
I see no ADSL2 services from yourself for those prices or usage levels
http://www.fido.net/telecoms/broadband/#prices1
...We also operate a 3 month risk free trial on ADSL2 services so you can migrate away without penalty if you are truly not happy.
Hard to tell from the speeds which services are ADSL2 or what usage your ADSL2 products from the page above even have. (The soho packages have what appears to be throttled tortoise slow upload rates, the biz packages appear to have tortoise slow downrates, unless a person spends basically £60 a month).

The packages you have listed appear to be your FTTC packages, all of which do NOT have a 3 month contract but 18 months and with the £100 activation charge im not shocked you needed a shameless plug.

Sponsored Links
Oh - look.

Along comes an ISP who we've never heard of, and a review for them appears giving them 10 out of 10 for everything:
http://www.ispreview.co.uk/review/reviews/5549.html

What a coincidence.

I'm surprised you've never heard of us, we've been around since 2001 and providing ADSL since 2005. However we do focus more on business than residential.

The reviews we've had so far are all genuine ... from really happy customers... Yes we are asking customers to post on here having recently been listed, but we're not telling them what to say ... good or bad they can review us.

As for pricing ... We actually offer ADSL2 plans that mirror the FTTC pricing, but obviously not with the same max upload/download speeds .. we are however trying to promote FTTC currently hence the focus there.

Being a business ISP we are more focussed on bespoke solutions, so if you don't see a plan you like talk to us and we will try to provide something which does work for you.

Sponsored Links
Hi Martin

Yes I'm aware of that ... by "asking our customers to post" I am referring to a link in the footer of our email replies which go out to customers when they contact us for technical support nothing more.

We link to ISP Review and UK Web Host Dir

here's one from a reply today by one of our support engineers

Brian Carter
FidoNet - the internet made simple!

web: www.fido.net
tel: +44 (0) 845 004 3050
fax: +44 (0) 845 004 3051

Happy with our service? Please recommend us at these reference sites
o Web Host Dir - http://www.webhostdir.com/webhostawards/vote.asp?spid=8957
o ISP Review - http://www.ispreview.co.uk/review/reviewAdd.html?id=810

Are you saying this breaches section 9 ?

Jon

Rule breaking or not mouthing off about competitors products because they have 18 month contracts and caps, when your FTTC products also have caps and 18 month contracts, probably was not the smartest thing....
http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.ph...d-evening-and-weekend-calls.html#comment-3970

That followed up by the review another poster mentioned which also happened on the 28th April and ill personal say its more than a coincidence, id call it more fishy than Sea world! Considering this site doesnt seem to have ever heard from you or your customers (from what i can find) before.

There are some great small ISPs out there which also participate on these forums, id like to think you are one.... However the small good ISPs dont normally whine about competitors or make possibly questionable reviews to try to win business.

It also seems strange that if you have been an ISP since 2001 and link to ISPreview, that you have only acquired 2 reviews on here since that time. Oh and those 2 reviews spring up literally within days of you arriving here.

Coincidence? Maybe, unlikely that it is... Almost certainly.

Our FTTC products have a minimum term because we're tied into a minimum term by BT ... if we weren't, we wouldn't have them either (although we might have to look at the lower end pricing model too). The ADSL2 service doesn't have any real minimum term to speak of which is why we're able to offer that particular deal. We are also fairly confident that once you sign up with Fido, you'll stay with Fido ... as most of our customers choose to do.

There is also a difference between a minimum term of service, and being tied into a new (seemingly never ending) 18 month contract every time you increase your bandwidth limits. We don't impose such sharp practices, and it was that to which I referred in my other post. You can increase or decrease at will during the term of the contract (within reason) depending on your needs.

With 20 years experience in the Internet industry (starting with Demon Internet in 1992), I felt I was reasonably well qualified to post regarding what I saw as a sharp practice, as it was described by the author of that particular article (as we're now merging posts / etc). Yes I'm also the MD of fido.net and am obviously going to refer to our products in other posts too.

We're still trying to get the new pricing right, for our Business Broadband services ... we do not offer consumer products as we simply can't compete with the Tescos and TalkTalk's of this world without degrading the quality of service we offer, which is something we're not prepared to do. (Which is why we quote our prices ex VAT)

And as we say to everyone, we are not the cheapest, but we do try to offer that extra service - which usually more than makes up for the small extra charge you might incur. For the majority of businesses, peace of mind and reliability are considerably more important than saving £2/mo ...

So apologies if I've offended anyone with my views ... they are sadly my views, and for that I don't apologise. :)

Sponsored Links
That's till a longer minimum term than we would like.

That said, we're happy that when a customer moves to Fido they generally stay with Fido regardless so I've reduced the minimum term to 12 months on the website.

I'll also offer free install on ADSL/ADSL2/FTTC products to anyone who places an order this month and quotes the offer code "ISPREVIEW"

Can I be any fairer than that?

I gather that you are not tied to a minimum term by BT then? If you are tied to 18 month terms with BT and suddenly you are offering customers 12 month contracts, then unless im missing something if they leave after 12 months and your contract terms with BT state 18 months you will have to subsidise 6 months?

Either way i think people can make up their own minds by now.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5467)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2523)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2233)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1607)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules