Sponsored Links

Be* Broadband vs O2 Broadband?

Hi,

I'm a Be* customer. Have been for the past 6 months, as of late I and other Be* customer's have been experiencing issues which, uncharacteristically, Be* are not resolving. Many customers including myself are thinking about jumping ship.

I've thought about changing ISP's and the the vast majority of LLU ones avalible to me from my exchange don't tickle my fancy.

Obviously as I'm a Be* customer O2 is also avalible. I'm just wondering:

a) just how much of their network is shared? (am i likely to be getting the same problems when i migrate to o2?)
b) has anybody on here switched from be to o2 (or vice versa) previously? - do they charge a migration fee?
c) What are people's general impressions of O2? The reviews on here are not too helpful..

Thanks

Could you explain a little about the issues you have been having, perhaps we can get an answer for you? Otherwise jumping ship from Be to O2 probably isn't the best move if you're having problems because their network is the same, they just balance the economics and package models differently.

However as you say, it is uncharacteristic to hear of problems with them so please do elaborate as I doubt they'll want any bad PR, although no ISP is perfect. Also, approximately how many other customers have you seen with similar issues to your own?

Hmm, ive been reading about quite a few ping/speed issue at Be* over the last week or so.

Maybe it's just a temporary network issue (it happens, even to the best), or maybe being unlimited is finally catching up with them and the network is beginning to struggle under the strain.

Sponsored Links
Can't say I've noticed any problems.

back to normal now, but the is still latency issues within the network causing my connection to have slight ping fluctuations.. at least the storm is over now tho.. :shrug:

I have, its went t*ts up :( sync at 17mb getting 450k, pings to jolt at 117+ ms :mad:

l personally wish l could get within spitting distance of those stats, but l doubt that unless BT pulls their finger out and starts implementing FTTx

Sponsored Links
Workmen in London's Docklands sliced through a major fibre optic trunk yesterday, forcing businesses and ISPs nationwide to reroute internet traffic.

Contractors in Yeo Street broke the link, owned by tier one provider Global Crossing, early on Wednesday afternoon.

The O2 and Be Broadband network was the highest profile casualty. Customers noticed slower speeds as the the remaining backup connections struggled to carry all the traffic.

A Be Broadband spokesman said at 1pm today that its services were almost back to normal. The firm expects repair work to be completed in time for this evening's peak network load.

Just a heads up, - O2 is BE There, they invested into the brand to created a faster broadband, tested the waters and put their name to it when it got going., same servers, same guys, just different profiling and names

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5470)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules