Reviews » Broadband Satellite »

Sponsored
☰ Login   /   Signup ⚲ Search
7 Reviews
Posted: 17th Apr, 2021    By: Cangea
Chaotic installation, different people giving different statuses. Seemed like mass confusion behind the scenes.

Had to return the satellite because every request had a ping of over 1s, which renders the service unusable.

Avoid.

Package Name: Konnect Broadband
Posted: 09th Apr, 2021    By: David Lewis
Title: Konnect
I am in the same world as Micheal, Konnect Satellite Broadband hasn't been too bad - what has been bad is their back end business processes. If you are a light internet user and don't need a VPN, Konnect Sat Broadband is very good, but if you are using the internet for Netflix, video conferencing then I can't recommend Satellite.
I had to cancel and been left with a sat dish and the router that they want back, but they can't provide a return solution due to brexit or even detasils of an address to return stuff too.

Time With Provider: 6 Months
Package Name:
Posted: 06th Apr, 2021    By: Michael Simpson 24
Installed promptly although fuirst dish damaged in transit so engineer had to return 2 weeks later. Download speed upto 100 Mbps but service killed by latency of c600 ms and an upload speed they were unable to get above 1 Mbps - this made it unusable for conference calls and most websites. I was able to cancel the service easily enough but now have one large dish on the side of my house, another dish in the garage, a router they say they want back but cannot sent an SAE (blamed Brexit!) and contunous emails reminding me to pay my bill (although they confirm the account is cancelled).......

Posted: 01st Apr, 2021    By: Absolute
Title: Avoid!
I have dreadful broadband over my copper landline and poor cellular coverage, despite being less than 25 miles from London. 0 - a few Meg - often can't watch video.
I thought satellite broadband would be the answer to my dreams.
Placing an order was easy, but communicating with Konnect is impossible. After about a month I got a phone call one saturday night asking if they could install the following week, which they did, although they only had white cable which is very obtrusive as it runs the length of the outside of our black timberclad house. The engineer ran speedtest before he left and yippee it showed 50M download, although as expected much lower upload speed.
However, I soon discovered that the latency makes the service totally unusable. You can't participate in zoom calls, because other people have got in before you. Websites take ages to load - presumably because of multiple delays in handshaking.
I have posted a review on their website, but received no feedback. Can't work out how to cancel, other than to just cancel the standing order.

Time With Provider: 4 Weeks
Posted: 22nd Mar, 2021    By: davidgrimshaw
I have been with Konnect for a month and pay for the 75Mb service. The speed is averaging 30Mb and during video calls the line is frequently dropped. The ping rate is over 600ms, way over the advertised rate. Customer service always suggests re-booting the router and offers no other suggestions. This does not solve the problem.

The company are very slow to respond to requests for improvement. Everyone in my village was keen to get such speeds but I cannot recommend them. They are loosing business fast.

Time With Provider: 5 Weeks
Posted: 02nd Feb, 2021    By: Patrick ryan
Title: Slow.
I live in the country and after many attempts of trying different providers, I tried Konnect. They assured me speed of between 70 and 100, no throttling and I told them exactly what I'd be using it for and they offered me their Zen package. I opted for their max package to be certain. First day speeds got up to around 45, but I wasnt too bothered as the engineer told me it would get faster the second day. Next day it got slower and in the evening it went down to 1. Today it's at 20. The modem is in a good clear space so there should be no excuse.

Time With Provider: 1 Weeks
Package Name: Konnect max
Posted: 26th Jan, 2021    By: Kmom
After 10 years switched to Konnect on promise of faster superior service. It is a failure latency consistently exceeds 850ms and jitter almost unbelievably high being normally in excess of 300ms. Consequently even managing the Tesco order on line is a challenge. Any form of exchange over internet is a risk. The service is of a 1990's standard. Fine for mail or basic web search. Sadly Konnect do not take complaint seriously. System live on 11 Jan been complaining since. All I am told is service is normal. My contract states latency as circa 500ms and service is promoted for all activity except gaming. It does not support video calling on Facebook Messenger nor Zoom. The previous Tooway service, did all that and more though peak speeds lower. This ISP needs to understand speed is one thing quality of service another. Very dissatisfied and sadly cannot revert to former supplier as they have been bought out by this company. We need decent connectivity and sadly satellite is our only option.

Package Name: Konnect easy